Bellazon

Football

goose

Hey there guys :wave: Missed me?

To be honest I missed this place a little. :blush:

Rather a quite off-season so far. I was expecting bigger moves. But I guess the big waves will come towards the end.

Pool signed Roma's Keeper Doni, and Roma has targeted Espanyol's Kameni as a replacement. I like the moves Roma is making. They're trying to create a mini-Barcelona (though that's quite a mission impossible, i'm sure they'll be fun to watch.)

I also like the moves of my beloved Juve, but I don't like Aguerro playing great in Copa America. He was almost a lock to come to Juve, but this will raise his price, and Chelsea will be there to spoil our transfer. :anger:

Manyoo signing Young is also one of the better moves of the season.

Bayern fans booed Neuer in a training. WTF??? :blink:

And boy, what a huge disappointment Neymar is. Lol at Santos wanting 45 mil for him. Loved it when Perez said "this kid is not even worth 15 mil."

P.S.: Cesc/Barcelona rumors have become ubber-boring. What's this the 4th straight year?? :facepalm:

I don't get it - how on earth did River Plate manage to get themselves relegated from the Argentine Primera Division (for the first time in their 110-year history, no less) off the back of finishing 4th in the Apertura and 9th in the Clausura? :blink:

That was a shocker for me, too. The funny thing is in Argentina they take a look at the overall record in the last 3 years. The funnier thing is, this rule was put in place to protect the bigger clubs. :whistle: It's even more shocking that they were having bad seasons for 3 consecutive years. When I heard that River Plate was relegated I was like "La puta que te pario. . .", but I'm pretty sure they'll get back pretty soon.

Japan has won the Women's World Cup!

Congrats to Japan on the win. I'd seen a few domestic cup games where the standard didn't look particularly high but the World Cup was a cut above. Granted, it lacks some of the pace and physicality of the men's game - I mean, how could it not? But it's also considerably less blighted by all the things we think are bad about the men's game, namely greed, dissent, intimidation, time-wasting, play acting and spoiling tactics. A most enjoyable and refreshing tournament.

I don't get it - how on earth did River Plate manage to get themselves relegated from the Argentine Primera Division (for the first time in their 110-year history, no less) off the back of finishing 4th in the Apertura and 9th in the Clausura? :blink:

That was a shocker for me, too. The funny thing is in Argentina they take a look at the overall record in the last 3 years. The funnier thing is, this rule was put in place to protect the bigger clubs. :whistle: It's even more shocking that they were having bad seasons for 3 consecutive years. When I heard that River Plate was relegated I was like "La puta que te pario. . .", but I'm pretty sure they'll get back pretty soon.

eNe! :thumbsup:

I was completely clueless about the inner workings of the Argentine Primera Liga until recently, when the Baron kindly gave me a beginner's guide. I do not envy the person charged with the task of calculating the permutations of each game one bit. :confused:

Japan has won the Women's World Cup!

Congrats to Japan on the win. I'd seen a few domestic cup games where the standard didn't look particularly high but the World Cup was a cut above. Granted, it lacks some of the pace and physicality of the men's game - I mean, how could it not? But it's also considerably less blighted by all the things we think are bad about the men's game, namely greed, dissent, intimidation, time-wasting, play acting and spoiling tactics. A most enjoyable and refreshing tournament.

Only started watching with about 15mins of normal time left, but was entertaining match.

I think they really have overreacted with that one. Sure it's a stupid thing to do, but it's a pre-season friendly FFS!

I think so too. Generally, I quite like Roberto Mancini but his man-management leaves a lot to be desired at times. Instead of simply going "this is a largely meaningless game and hey, it's Mario Balotelli", he created a firestorm by unceremoniously dragging the poor guy off the park and shaming him in front of team-mates and fans alike. Balotelli, as volatile as he is, must feel as if he can't do anything right at this point.

Mildly amusing - a bizarre own goal by Arsenal's Carl Jenkinson in a recent friendly game with FC Koln. :pinch:

Maybe he misunderstood Wenger's instructions when he told him he wanted Carl to be like Lee Dixon? :unsure:

I will get around to it shortly. Unless you want to get around to it now and put your name on there... The Frederick Cup...has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

By the way, please set up 2 leagues if you do decide to set it up.