Bellazon

Football

goose

Awesome goal from Ronaldo :shock: :drool:

Herv - Although we lost, I thought it was a pretty exciting game. I thought we could do it at 2-0 but alas, poor defending all around didn't help, although I was thinking of Istanbul when we put in 2 goals in 2 minutes. Damn you Fat Frank :persuazn:

Hopefully it'll be a repeat of the 2005/06 final :clap:

The war of words between Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez was ratcheted up another notch on Friday with the Manchester United manager accusing his Liverpool counterpart of ''arrogance'' and showing ''contempt'' in his dealings with fellow Premier League managers.

GettyImages

Fergie and Rafa: No love lost

Ahead of Sunday's FA Cup semi-final with Everton, Ferguson hit back at Benitez's recent spate of verbal volleys giving his own forthright assessment of the Spaniard's conduct.

Ferguson began by taking Benitez to task over his description of Everton as a ''small club'', before rounding on him for the attitude he showed in dismissing Blackburn Rovers last weekend once Liverpool had scored their second goal at Anfield.

''Everton are a big club, not a small one which Benitez arrogantly said,'' said Ferguson. ''But arrogance is one thing. You cannot forgive contempt, which is what he showed Sam Allardyce last weekend.

The incident in question came after Fernando Torres scored his second goal in what ended as a 4-0 win for Liverpool.

While celebrating Torres' goal, television pictures captured Benitez's smile, shrug and cross his arms over which appeared to suggest he felt the game was won, despite the goal being scored in the 33-minute.

On Friday Allardyce said: ''I was hugely disappointed by those gestures. I think they were disrespectful and quite humiliating''.

Ferguson added: ''When Liverpool scored their second goal he signalled as if the game was finished. I do not think Sam deserved that. Sam has worked so hard for the [League Managers' Association] and he's had a weakened team. I just thought it showed contempt.

''In my experience no Liverpool manager has ever done that. It was beyond the pale.''

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FACHT!

I don't. God they were annoying when they were still "dominating". Always getting through whilst being outplayed for 3/4 of the tie... <_<

Has been true in some of the earlier stage games and but further on not really in my opinion, like the ManU one mentioned, or the Inter semi, even the more famous Liverpool final surely was domination for Milan for at least 75 of the 120.

I agree that they do and did, but I don't think it's fair to say that they have had more luck than any other team, overall I mean

Of course, Liverpool should get that honour :rofl:

Valencia refound their momentum...And even if we lose then, I'd be glad for my man Henry getting his final big trophy that he misses.

That €50m loan won't last long. Hopefully long enough to grab a Champion's League spot though. I think it's inevitable that we'll be selling Villa and Silva but hopefully Mata doesn't leave :cry:

He wasn't the same ever since he made that mistake at the end of the game against Turkey in Euro'08, which cost Czech team the quarter finals.

Since he got that head injury.

They just need a a quick rebuilding with a cople of young guys, and they are good to go.

The Milan of old had the experience in Europe. They dictated the tempo and controlled games. The Champions League doesn't have many teams like that any more (and no one to stop the Premier League teams running wild either). Milan to rebuild a whole team :|