Bellazon

Football

goose

6 Nations Rugby Highlights 2008

:)

TITS OR GTFO :|

OMG :rofl:

Dudu is back for Arsenal. :)

Yeah, that's one of the rare good news so far in this year.

Adebayor gets paid ?110,000 for half good season <_<

fixed :D

I think most of us can handle the likes of Messi or Henry being on astronomical wages but £50k per week is a lot of money for someone who, with all due respect, nobody's really going to buy a ticket to see. Nothing against Fletcher as he's quite an effective player, but wow! :blink:

Thats exactly why I hate ManUre more than any other team. Barcelona, real, Chelsea, all love spending money, but at least they keep on buying household names. Sure defensive players, and mids have to get paid as well, and Fletcher is maybe an above the average winger, but 50k for a guy who most of the time is a bench wormer is ridiculuously too much. I bet there is no team who'd offer him even 30k.

Meh, I just hate them.

And football has become really boring lately. Turns out ManUre, Inter, and Barca are going to get domestic titles with too much ease.

And todays Champions league games were boring.

Barca got the best result IMO, along with Porto of course. Scoring as a visitor is vital in these knockout stages.

But Juninhos FreeKick. . . OH MY worship.gif

And Inter - ManU, will play yet another 0-0 game in OldTrafford.

Good luck to Juve, and 'pool tomorrow. :clap:

We'll need it :|

Wow, Arsenal beat Roma, albeit at home. Still, they've had a terrible season and a run of poor form. Didn't expect Roma to get beaten to be honest :/

and Lyon 1-1 Barca? Sure Barca haven't been great (for the past week :cain:) but I would've expected a high scoring draw at least :p

why so negative? i thought you were the optimist.

arsenal are probably 1 good defensive mid away from having a kick ass team challenging for the title though... you can see it...

fletchino or maicon to score the winner next time :laugh:

We'll need it :|

Wow, Arsenal beat Roma, albeit at home. Still, they've had a terrible season and a run of poor form. Didn't expect Roma to get beaten to be honest :/

and Lyon 1-1 Barca? Sure Barca haven't been great (for the past week :cain:) but I would've expected a high scoring draw at least :p

Meh, we won with a penalty. <_< Arsenal offense struggles big time since Fabregas went down, and honestly I have not much hopes against Roma (who lately are playing amazing). This year everytime I watched them, the gunners increased my diabeties. :no: But maybe one goal in Olympico may put all the things in the right places. Who knows?

Barca was surprisingly outplayed by Lyon today. There were a couple of one on one situations by Benzema, which were on-side, but were stopped for the off-side. After Barca got the equalizer though, they controlled the whole game. Messi was kinda inefective, who I was arguing that is under Eto'o last year, but in January the kid was spectacular.

Ooh, and on the last note Maradona became a grandfather about a week ago. Maradona's daughter, who is married to Atl Madrids Sergio Aguero, gave a birth to their first son, whom they called Leonel (why is this name ringing a bell anyway?).

I'm telling you guys. . . WE ARE DOOMED. :|

Barca got lucky. If Benzema lays off the ball a bit earlier in some of those break-aways, Lyon could have been up 3-0 at halftime.

Barca improved a bit after the intermission, enough to earn a draw. Should be able to finish the job at Camp Nou.

Inter was dire, but Manure didn't really do a lot in the second half either. Still, you'd have to be crazy to bet against Manure at this point.

Porto really impressed me. They might not have the talent of some of the other teams still involved, but they are a real team. That goes a long way in this stage of the competition.

If I was an Arsenal supporter, I'd want Bendtner shot at this point. Dear lord those were awful, awful misses... :|

Couldn't have cared less about last night's games, though I still managed to accidentally surround myself with Man U fans, the Sky subscriber suburbanite type that talk about the 1999 final as some experience in ancient history. Almost as sad as when I got verbally bombarded by a smug Spurs fan after they snuck past Burnley in extra time a while back.

So according to Martin's madness, we can play a full strength side against CSKA Moscow on a Thursday, then play a full strength side against Chelsea on a Sunday...then play the most haphazard turd for brains team in the return leg against Moscow on a Wednesday; so we can play full strength against...Stoke on another Sunday. Consider me underwhelmed by the return of European football to my life. Apparently we're intent on finishing 4th, presumably so we can field a weakened team against Partizan Belgrade and lose over two legs in some Champions League qualifier watched by nobody next August. I like trophies, I'm old fashioned that way, finishing 4th would be amazing all things considered but ultimately, what's it all for? Oh and Salifou, Osbourne, Harewood are all hilariously inept, I'd terminate their contracts in a heartbeat. Sidwell, I'm putting your ginger backside on probation.

So according to Martin's madness, we can play a full strength side against CSKA Moscow on a Thursday, then play a full strength side against Chelsea on a Sunday...then play the most haphazard turd for brains team in the return leg against Moscow on a Wednesday; so we can play full strength against...Stoke on another Sunday. Consider me underwhelmed by the return of European football to my life. Apparently we're intent on finishing 4th, presumably so we can field a weakened team against Partizan Belgrade and lose over two legs in some Champions League qualifier watched by nobody next August. I like trophies, I'm old fashioned that way, finishing 4th would be amazing all things considered but ultimately, what's it all for? Oh and Salifou, Osbourne, Harewood are all hilariously inept, I'd terminate their contracts in a heartbeat. Sidwell, I'm putting your ginger backside on probation.

money talks.

money talks.

Is one of my favourite Chris Tucker films!

I wouldn't have minded (as much) if we'd started the tie with a weak team but to still be in with a chance and just wave the white flag like that is feeble.

Goodbye to a valiant and brave FC Twente team as well.

Brave and valiant: two things Steve McClaren's England side never were! What a twist!

He's very well liked over there as well! In the irony of ironies, Steve's Twente is considered by far the most fun to watch team in the Eredivisie. :D

Is he still conducting interviews in that comedy accent?

Goodbye to a valiant and brave FC Twente team as well.

Brave and valiant: two things Steve McClaren's England side never were! What a twist!

He's very well liked over there as well! In the irony of ironies, Steve's Twente is considered by far the most fun to watch team in the Eredivisie. :D

Is he still conducting interviews in that comedy accent?

That interview was probably him unconsciously mimicking his interviewer, whose English isn't all that great. I have read several reports that suggest he is very well liked by the supporters down there. Must be a nice change from the England job for him!