Bellazon

Football

goose

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to point out anything I've missed or got wrong :)

I just can't help it,. . .

A couple of pages ago Ed making fun of me:

I think the position is just RB, not RWB :ermm:

. . ., and Ed last week:

. . . Abidal doesn't get up more but with Alves as RWB you can't play symmetrically . . .

I think the position is just RB, not RWB :ermm:

How you like me now SUCKKAAAAAA. . . :whistle:

j/k :p :hug:

-----------------

I just noticed, this topic is up to page 4-4-2 :rofl:

Lol, I know I'm a little late, but nice catch :rofl: ;)

We can have a more defensive celebration when we reach page 451 :laugh:

Let's call it a modern celebration :whistle:

We'll have the defensive celebration in page 532!! :|

Chelsea - Juventus

Arsenal - Roma

Inter - Manchester U.

Real M. - Liverpool

Lyon - Barcelona

Atl. Madrid - Porto

Sporting L. - Bayern M.

Panathinaikos - Villareal

Comments later, but looks like another fanastic 2nd round is ahead of us :woot:

And seriously now, I really have to ask this: I really, really, really love Messi, but what does Eto'o have to do to get some credit. He is currently outplaying Messi easily, yet no one seems to appreciate what he does, while Messi is being considered lock to win Golden Ball 09' from now. :ninja:

Samuelito is the most under-appreciated striker in the world. He has a scoring average of 0.68 goals per game since arriving at Barca. No other striker gets close to that mark, except for Ruud Van Nistelrooij (who incidentally, is also greatly underrated).

Ruud has been showing a lot more class since he went to Madrid :laugh: Eto'o is awesome and his ability to melt into the Barca system is greatly underappreciated. He was fantastic for Rijkaard, and he's proving his class again for Pep.

Salivating ties! Luckily Ruud is out for the season.

My pick of the round - Juve vs Chelsea

The draw hasn't been very kind to the Premier League clubs, but it's definitely thrown up some interesting games and there's something in all those ties worth watching for the neutral. Chelsea / Juventus, Madrid / Liverpool and Inter / United will all be great. It's always an occasion when Mourinho meets Fergie and can't wait to see what happens when Ranieri goes back to Stamford Bridge.

Also congratz to Michael* for Sunderlands 4 goal win

Only Sunderland could win 4-0, lift themselves out of the bottom three and be back to square one 24 hours later. Still, nice to see that our team is showing a few signs of life again. :laugh:

Here's hoping for Chelski-Inter later on. :laugh:

Can you imagine the press conference for that one leading up to the tie. :drool:

You mean "later on", like sometimes the next season right? :persuazn:

Seriously though, I'd hate it if Juve can't pass this round, but if both of these teams get to the quarters, it'd be funny to see them meet with each other. The press confernece leading up to that tie may be a funny one, though I don't believe that Chelsea staff, or Mourinho would make any disrespectful comments towards each other. The most exciting press conference would probably if Inter eleminates Chelsea. I bet Mourinho will have something to say about Scolaris skills. :laugh:

Come to think about it, can you imagine the 2nd leg being in Stamford Bridge, and Chelsea to enter the last minutes with an advantage, and then Inter scores in loss time, and Mourinho starts with his wierd usual goal celebrations. :rofl:

-------

Anyway, results this week pretty much pissed me off. Arsenal tied with 'pool, while Adebayor got sent off, and Cesc got injured in the worst time possible (just when first hal was about to end). Hopefully he'll get back soon, cause we're dealing with enough already. I'd conglaturate Ed, but I guess with a man more, they were the side that was closer to 3 points. And I would have preffered the loss to the draw.

2nd Valencia lost by allowing Real to score in their first attack, and they weren't able to get good oppurtunities to tie the game. If Valencia had won, they'd get a huge advantage iin war for 1 of the top4 seeds.

I was also hoping that Villareal will upset Barca, and they got really close to it, but at the end, Barca knew how to close the deal. Actually this game was sort of a test for the "Plan B" of Barcelona, that we were talking about, and it was definitely the bad opponent to try it against. Piquet played in right wing, and Alves played "completely" as a mid-fielder. Funny thing is, Barca looked better after Piquet got sent off, than they did when the game was played 11 vs 11. Villareal IMO is the best team (I mean as the ones that play the best team ball) in Spain, and they were the only team that had a shot at stopping Barca. After last nights game, I guess Barca pretty much ensured the Spanish title.

Local leagues were disater as well, bbut I won't get started.

The good news is that Juve is playing great, and keep winning. Though another thing that sucked this week was Inters victory against Siena. Maicons 2nd goal(83rd min) was was offside by 4 meters. <_<

Anyway, while the results sucked, there were a couple of things that made me laugh. In Villareal-Barcelona game, in like 29th minute, Messi stopped a long ball with his chest, and the ref stopped the game for playing with hand (refs suck, btw), and Messis headshaking was like saying "Damn, I didn't do a thing, but I know you are judging me by something I did 2 years ago". And the funniest thing was at 50th min, when a shot by Seidou Keita hit a Villareal player right at the butt. :laugh: They shoved the replay in slowmotion for like 3 times. It was priceless. Also a funny frame was when Kaka scored Milans 2nd(his 1st) goal against Udine, as he went to hug Gattuso, and Gattuso hugged him back with those canes. :rofl:

You watch so much football :|

How did you figure it out? :blink:

Seriously though, I actually watched only two games this week. (Arsenal-Liverpool, and Villareal-Barcelona)

I caught the last 15 minutes of Inter, and was playing PlayStation with a friend while Juve was playing (so I was able to catch every crucial moment of the game). But I have access to so many sports channels, so I can watch the summaries of most of the games, and I always can cover if I miss an interesting game.

Trust me, there are way freakier viewers than me. :|

Fabregas out for four months. Holy crap, Arsenal are in a world of trouble right now.

Will Wenger finally buy some help in January? :ninja:

Yeah, tell me about it. After a really great performance in the start of the previous season, Arsenal was cursed during the whole year with injuries of key players. I was still hoping for the title, even after the draw with 'pool, but with Fabregas out, our new goal is the 4th seed. :cry2:

But the good news (st least for Arsenal) is that Totti got injured as well, and is expected to miss 2 months, which means he won't play at least in the first leg of the 2nd round.

---------------------

One last thing, Beckham is officialy in Milan. He was presented to fans, and he'll wear #32.

I don't think it was a good (or better say: necessary) move for Milan, but hopefully it'll be a good move for Beckham himself.

Read he was booed by a section of Milan fans upon being introduced.

Actually I saw the whole introduction on Milan Channel, but didn't see/hear anything odd. :blink: Possible though!!! :/

------------

Arsene Wenger seems like finally has decided to buy some players. News are that Arsenal is intersted in Liverpools Xabi Alonso. Funny, cause he was the one that injured Cesc. :ninja: Hopefully this deal will go through. We were needing a CMF even with a healthy Fabregas. Without him, our midfiled kinda sucks. Udineses Gökhan Inler is also on their list.

-----------

And in a TV program there was a poll: "Will Huntelaar, Diarra, and Klasniç be the new blood hat Real needed."

Just pointing out, because I hadn't heard about Diarra, and Klasinç transfers.