Bellazon

Motion

Neo52285

Great video. Her English is certainly fine there.

I agree she lacks a certain maturity in her mannerisms. I would almost guess her age to be 16 at times rather than almost 27 but it's better to be young at heart than old and stuffy. She has a 'happy-go-lucky' personality.

Great video. Her English is certainly fine there.

I agree she lacks a certain maturity in her mannerisms. I would almost guess her age to be 16 at times rather than almost 27 but it's better to be young at heart than old and stuffy. She has a 'happy-go-lucky' personality.

I speak pretty good English for someone who speaks English as a second language, but if I have to speak in front of a large audience I sometimes struggle to find words that would otherwise come naturally (I have no problem with crowds when speaking my native tongue, oddly enough). And my accent increases a lot if I get nervous. That's despite the fact that I graduated from college with an A+ in English and can read aloud advanced English literature fluently without any accent at all.

Nowadays, although she has more enthusiasm when she speaks(which is good), I feel that it is rushed and sometimes I think that she sounds like a little girl; it looks like she's too excited and really wants to get those words out. C'mon Adri you're turning 27 this year...

I agree 100%. English is only my second language too, but I have been living in an English-speaking country for the past 5 years - which has helped my English to become pretty much fluent now, and under normal circumstances, I speak it as well as anyone born here.

However, there are certain times when my grasp of English seems to slip and I can't find the right words, stumble, my accent appears, etc - when I'm tired, or jet-lagged, or nervous (which I SO would be if I was being interviewed and had to talk into cameras or in front of crowds!). To overcompensate and try to mask it, I tend to get a little hyper then...I can't help. Often it seems like Adri is doing something similar - trying to counter her shyness and insecurity by acting out, acting loud - so people won't notice. Of course they do notice - or at least, they do in my case and it doesn't give them the best impression of my English.

I think Adri's behaviour and mannerisms when speaking Portugese definitely indicate how she is in normal circumstances far more than how she acts when she speaks English.

It is interesting hearing a different perspective about language and accent. I have spoken with people personally who talk about how they have to switch between two languages mentally to find the words. Hell, I only speak English and have to find words..LOL :o :laugh: I have to think before I speak.

I saw the video of Adri in Mexico speaking in Portuguese (or Spanish, I know they have some similiarities) and her mannerism wasn't as hyper.

I still don't understand why people call Adri dumb. I haven't gotten that sense at all about her from what I have seen or heard from her. I don't know her personally so I can't make such an assumption.

I agree 100%. English is only my second language too, but I have been living in an English-speaking country for the past 5 years - which has helped my English to become pretty much fluent now, and under normal circumstances, I speak it as well as anyone born here.

However, there are certain times when my grasp of English seems to slip and I can't find the right words, stumble, my accent appears, etc - when I'm tired, or jet-lagged, or nervous (which I SO would be if I was being interviewed and had to talk into cameras or in front of crowds!). To overcompensate and try to mask it, I tend to get a little hyper then...I can't help. Often it seems like Adri is doing something similar - trying to counter her shyness and insecurity by acting out, acting loud - so people won't notice. Of course they do notice - or at least, they do in my case and it doesn't give them the best impression of my English.

I think Adri's behaviour and mannerisms when speaking Portugese definitely indicate how she is in normal circumstances far more than how she acts when she speaks English.

I had a hunch I wasn't the only one :) Many people who speak only one language can't relate to this at all. Sometimes I even forget a word in my native tongue and can only think of the English equivalent, and vice versa. Sometimes I "think" in my primary language, other times I "think" in English. Of course that's because I use English a lot in my everyday life (I have foreign colleagues at my workplace), but it's annoying sometimes :)

I can't find any flaws on her in that video (and it's not even photoshopped). She looks like some kind of cyborg Amazonian sent back from the future. I don't think her body has ever looked that good (or she's just great at working what she's got, making it look that way). Either way, I can't stop watching that video either :D