Bellazon

Mel Gibson
Thumbnail

katuwwka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's be honest, Cult..(may I call you Cult?). Every one of us has prejudices..but how we handle them is another matter. Apparently, Mel isn't a big fan of the Jews. Or black people. However, we do live in a country where freedom of speech is one of our basic rights. So, what's the problem? If you want a good example of racial bigotry, just watch the news. We criticize Muslims because of 9/11. And Mel criticizes Jews and blacks. So what's the difference? You don't think there's good and bad Muslims, or Jews, or blacks? Of course there are.

In my opinion the Jews have used the same tactics that the Arabs have used, and I can't honestly see much of a difference. As far as Mel's comments, I wouldn't call insanity, though. I live in the deep south, and there's rednecks galore here. I get along the best I can, but ignorance always persists. It's like a sensory overload. They're basically good people, but when you dig deeper into their psyche, the ignorance and racism is still there.

I consider myself a racist, actually. I think most people don't realize it, but they are, too, whether they know it or not. If I was to hire a black man to do a job, and he screwed it up, the first thing that would pop into my mind would be that he screwed it up because he was black. I'm being honest, here. I mean, tell the truth, how many of you wouldn't feel the same way? I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that it's a deep rooted problem, for whites, as well as blacks or Jews, or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
Let's be honest, Cult..(may I call you Cult?). Every one of us has prejudices..but how we handle them is another matter. Apparently, Mel isn't a big fan of the Jews. Or black people. However, we do live in a country where freedom of speech is one of our basic rights. So, what's the problem? If you want a good example of racial bigotry, just watch the news. We criticize Muslims because of 9/11. And Mel criticizes Jews and blacks. So what's the difference? You don't think there's good and bad Muslims, or Jews, or blacks? Of course there are.

In my opinion the Jews have used the same tactics that the Arabs have used, and I can't honestly see much of a difference. As far as Mel's comments, I wouldn't call insanity, though. I live in the deep south, and there's rednecks galore here. I get along the best I can, but ignorance always persists. It's like a sensory overload. They're basically good people, but when you dig deeper into their psyche, the ignorance and racism is still there.

I consider myself a racist, actually. I think most people don't realize it, but they are, too, whether they know it or not. If I was to hire a black man to do a job, and he screwed it up, the first thing that would pop into my mind would be that he screwed it up because he was black. I'm being honest, here. I mean, tell the truth, how many of you wouldn't feel the same way? I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that it's a deep rooted problem, for whites, as well as blacks or Jews, or whatever.

When I look into the nature of prejudice/stereotyping I'd rather start at a blank slate and consider the human animal as a sack of flesh, organs, and brain matter engineered by its native environment- culture, education, upbringing, etc. added by some genetic proclivities passed on from the prior generation. What prejudice to me is? Just a crude, indoctrinated emotional reaction stimulated by a narrow fundamental core of apparent beliefs rather than the knowledge-seeking tendency- the most objective analysis of the situation that is possible.

As for 9-11 warmongering, the Middle East, (or more recently, the Obama insanity- his election, current situation right and left) etc. I think it is apparent that interest groups, think tanks, and the business position, agency conflicts, & limitations of journalism (dispensing stimulating opinions rather than true knowledge/understanding or scholarship) have much to do with these emotional bickering rather than the evaluation and execution of logical/scholarly analysis supported by scientific methods and statistical sampling.

There is some form of prejudice, in varying degrees, in nearly every social circle. High class individuals look down at middle class individuals, middle class individuals look down at low class, artists look down at certain groups, businesspeople look down towards others, ..etc.etc. the variations never ends and some seem to abate while others occasionally multiply.

I'm not interested in what Mel said (this subject doesn't interest me at all) as these words are the result of erratic mood swings. I think he's quite talented at what he does and there is a clear correlation, neurologically, between creativity and insanity. Many artists are tend to skew this way.

• 8 months later...

I know this was posted along time ago, but you're an active member so you'll probably see this.

Let's be honest, Cult..(may I call you Cult?). Every one of us has prejudices..but how we handle them is another matter. Apparently, Mel isn't a big fan of the Jews. Or black people. However, we do live in a country where freedom of speech is one of our basic rights.
mgibson.jpg mel_gibson_hangover_2.jpg melgibson01jpg.jpg mel_gibson_mad_max_002.jpg mel_gibson_388445.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...