Bellazon

Elvis Presley
Thumbnail

TheBaronOfFratton

Elvis filmed Charro! in 1968, just after his triumphant Comeback Special. He was truly at the height of his powers, but chose to do a film - the first one since his debut Love Me Tender - that didn't contain any songs sung by him. It was a bit of a flop, a stark departure from the knockabout, sing-a-long fare his fans were used to. Plus, HE HAD A BEARD :shock: , and some people could NOT handle that..!

I don't know... I kind of like it. It's interesting to see him looking slightly different for a change. And, every man should grow a beard at least once in his life. Don't you think? Just to see, if nothing else...

That's the Way It Is is a documentary film, which was recorded in 1970, Las Vegas. So it's Elvis being himself in a way that makes you fall in love even more if it is possible :blush:

"This 1970 concert documentary captures Elvis Presley midway through a fateful transition, seeking to reclaim his musical primacy after a decade of self-imposed exile from concert stages. Sidelined by his big-screen career, eclipsed by rock's mid-'60s transformations, the King had begun his return two years earlier with the relatively lean attack of his fabled network television appearance, '68 Comeback Special. Now the Memphis legend was poised to reposition his performing profile by pursuing the top rungs of headliner status in Las Vegas, a career choice that seems even more ephemeral in hindsight than it already did at the time."-Editorial Review

sweet baby jesus he looks HOT :woot: :bounce:

how sick is it to lust after a dead man???

like on the scale of 1 to 10....like only a 3 :idk: :brows: :rofl:

:rofl:

It's just that we've been born too late. And he definitely died too soon!

So you see, it's not sick at all: it's just US against the FATE. (Y)

That's the Way It Is is a documentary film, which was recorded in 1970, Las Vegas. So it's Elvis being himself in a way that makes you fall in love even more if it is possible :blush:

"This 1970 concert documentary captures Elvis Presley midway through a fateful transition, seeking to reclaim his musical primacy after a decade of self-imposed exile from concert stages. Sidelined by his big-screen career, eclipsed by rock's mid-'60s transformations, the King had begun his return two years earlier with the relatively lean attack of his fabled network television appearance, '68 Comeback Special. Now the Memphis legend was poised to reposition his performing profile by pursuing the top rungs of headliner status in Las Vegas, a career choice that seems even more ephemeral in hindsight than it already did at the time."-Editorial Review

I wanted to post a little on Elvis as a religious icon...

His massive fame and premature death has raised him to a level that few non-religious icons have achieved. Indeed, as a simply iconic figure - a symbol across all media - he's only really challenged by Jesus himself. You may have (my own countryman) Che Guevara, Hello Kitty(!), Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin, etc. But Elvis towers over them all.

To such an extent that some people get a, uh, a little...mixed up:

jesuselvistl9.jpgpost-11221-0-1446082391-66853_thumb.jpg

I like the fact that in Hawaii he's still hailed as a 'Son of the Islands' after his many visits and professed love of the State. This is a sweet little religious votive for those in times of beach/ocean type troubles:

jesuselvisua5.jpg elvis808qe2.jpg