Bellazon

News

Neo52285

9 hours ago, jamiya said:

What they say about Adriana not having cover is not true. This s not even original account that posed this photos. The pictures were posted here on Bellazons VS topic by a member. But i told you the only thing VS (and its fan pages) would bring her life is drama!!

21 hours ago, vsn1 said:

This came in the mail today new campaign with Gisele Noami Candice& Adriana 

IMG_0999.jpeg IMG_0998.jpeg IMG_0997.jpeg IMG_0996.jpeg

She's literally not on the cover though, it is Gisele on the cover. That being said, who cares? It's not a magazine or a catalog, it seems to be and ad/promo they send to Angel Card holders. There is no drama. Adriana is back with VS, she probably got a lot of money for it and everyone is happy about it because for once the word Icon is being used correctly.

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

She's literally not on the cover though, it is Gisele on the cover. That being said, who cares? It's not a magazine or a catalog, it seems to be and ad/promo they send to Angel Card holders. There is no drama. Adriana is back with VS, she probably got a lot of money for it and everyone is happy about it because for once the word Icon is being used correctly.

I agree. Its not that big of a deal at all. Adriana still has the “you’re an icon” next to her name lol. Especially not a big deal since Adriana was also covered lingerie wise anyway- probably because whenever this was shot, she still had not gotten her body all the way together (although facially she does look like herself/how we expect her to)and I actually respect that. If Adriana felt like her body was not all the way there for the extra stuff, so be it. I am very sure she wanted it that way. And Thats a sign that she plans on being in her usual shape for modeling, which is best for her because she is a 00s supermodel

https://fashionista.com/2023/08/victorias-secret-icon-collection-campaign#gid=ci02c5d7ae40002467&pid=vs-the-icon-campaign-gisele-bundchen

Back in 2018, in what would end up being the final Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (at least, in the form that we knew it), the brand staged a dramatic send-off for Adriana Lima, who was hanging up her wings, so to speak, after almost two decades. It was teary and emotional — and, for the Brazilian model, it did feel like a finale. 

"At the time, I thought that was my last walk for Victoria's Secret," she tells Fashionista over the phone. "It was very emotional day — not only day, a year, because I knew it was coming. I've always been very connected to and always loved the brand. To me, it was beyond a work relationship: I felt like they were part of my family and my life." 

With that walk, Lima flipped the page. "In my head, I had closed the chapter," she admits. "But maybe deep inside, I thought there was still a small possibility I would go back. Even if it wasn't for me: My oldest daughter wants to be a model, so I thought, 'Maybe I'll come back to watch her.'"

But then, Victoria's Secret — undergoing a massive rebrand, with a whole new C-Suite and an entirely re-vamped approach to who represents it (and how) — called, again. "I was thrilled," Lima says. "And I did not think twice."

"I've shot many campaigns for Victoria's Secret in different stages of my life," says Lima. "To be shooting the Icon campaign at this stage is really fulfilling. It's a very big message." For her, that message is about "the acceptance of women in every culture, shape, stage of their lives. That's why I'm here, that's why I believe Victoria's Secret called me and that's why I accepted."

https://people.com/adriana-lima-victorias-secret-icon-campaign-exclusive-7570123?utm_campaign=peoplestyle&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=64d3998fa74c5f0001792eab

Adriana Lima Says ‘Every Woman Can Feel Sexy’ as She Stars in Victoria's Secret's New Campaign (Exclusive)

The supermodel, who appears in the campaign for the Icon by Victoria’s Secret collection launching Aug. 10, opens up to PEOPLE about how she hopes to empower women now.

Adriana Lima can still remember the first time she went bra shopping and marveled at all the options.

After many years and many bras, Lima, 42, says her heart belongs to one style: the push-up. "I always love one," she tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The item is the centerpiece to Victoria’s Secret’s new collection, called The Icon by Victoria's Secret, which features the a Push-Up Demi Bra alongside other items that celebrate a range of shapes and sizes (32A-44DDD and XS-XXL, to be exact). It launches Aug. 10.

Lima, who is one of the many famous faces of the campaign (Gisele Bündchen, Naomi Campbell and Candice Swanepoel are marking their return to the brand for this. It also includes Adut Akech, Hailey Bieber, Paloma Elsesser, Sui He and Emily Ratajkowski) loves that the collection "enhances your natural shape and makes you feel comfortable." And true to its name, it also inspires you to feel like an icon, she says.

“The name says a lot. Every woman can be an icon," Lima says. "It's all about being unique. Everybody has their own ways of expressing their emotions and themselves — that uniqueness makes you special."

The collection also includes panties, lingerie, slips and robes, as well as a Push-Up Plunge bra created with technology that lifts and "is customized to enhance the wearer’s natural shape," according to a press release.

"It's incredible to see the technologies and materials [used to] build a bra," notes Lima. To get the very best fit, she suggests booking an in-store fitting session. 

For Lima's beautiful black-and-white photograph, she modeled a slip dress from the collection.

Being on set and working with an "incredible cast" was “uplifting” for her. "Everyone [was] leaving their marks and [expressing themselves] through their work. It was really incredible for me."

Another plus: being energized by the women around her.

I think as a woman, we need to embrace and support each other. Sometimes you see that women don't [do that], but I think it's important to change that because, well, we need to change the world.”

The Icon campaign marks Lima’s second major collaboration with Victoria’s Secret since reigniting her relationship with the brand in April. At the time Lima – whose reintroduction coincided with the relaunch of Heavenly Eau de Parfum – told PEOPLE her comeback was a “wish” come true. Four months later, she still expresses the same level of gratitude and excitement. 

“Working with Victoria's Secret for 20 years was really, truly living a dream. When I got the call asking me to come back, it felt so good. It's an honor [to return]," says the Brazil native, who officially became an Angel in 2000.

After walking in her last Victoria's Secret fashion show in 2018, she became a mom of three, welcoming her and boyfriend Andre Lemmer’s son Cyan in September 2022. (She shares daughters Sienna and Valentina with ex Marko Jarić.)

Lima relishes in representing — and empowering — women at this stage of her professional career and personal life.

"I'm 42 and I'm a mom [now]. I've gone from being a part of PINK to doing campaigns for more mature women. It's so wonderful to be representing women, [especially] Latina women and moms."

Lima knows the moms can often shelve their sensual side to focus on other aspects of their lives. It doesn't have to be that way, she says. “Even though you are a mom, you can feel feminine and elegant."

And whether you're a mom or not, Lima wants you to feel sexy. "I strongly believe that every woman out there likes to feel [that way]. Sometimes they're afraid to express that. I was one of them. But what I say is: don't be afraid. It's something that you learn and there are things that you can do to help you."

Whether that means spritzing on your favorite fragrance or sporting your favorite lingerie, as Lima suggests, "what matters is your attitude, how you embrace yourself and how you embrace your body," she says.

https://people.com/adriana-lima-on-modeling-to-inspire-young-girls-including-daughter-valentina-exclusive-7570768?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=64d3bbc74127ea0001944052

Adriana Lima Is ‘Persisting’ as a Model to Empower Young Girls, Including Daughter Valentina (Exclusive)

Lima, who made her Victoria’s Secret return in her 40s, tells PEOPLE that she hopes aspiring models, like her 12-year-old, will be 'accepted in every stage of her life’

Adriana Lima hopes her work paves the way for the next generation of models, her daughter Valentina included.

Lima, 42, is in a period of her life in which she feels grateful to not only represent women, especially those in the Latina community but also moms on such a major scale, especially with her new campaign with Victoria's Secret supporting the brand's new The Icon collection.

What she also wants now is to set an example for her 12-year-old daughter, who wants to become a model, to know that at any age, anything can happen.

“As you can see with the campaign, I [helped] change the fashion industry in a way that every woman, every lady is accepted in every stage of their life no matter how old they are and accepted in fashion. That's my goal and that's the reason I'm still modeling, still persisting, in being a part of the fashion industry. I think the industry is accepting that, and it's really wonderful to see,” Lima tells PEOPLE exclusively. 

Lima hopes other young girls starting out as models will experience the fruits of her labor as well. “That's a wonderful thing and that's why I'm still here,” Lima adds of contributing in a way that opens up the field for women of all ages. 

Although Lima’s other two children – daughter Sienna, 10 (Lima co-parents her and Valentina with ex Marko Jarić) and son Cyan, 16 months, whom she shares with current boyfriend Andre Lemmers – are still young, she plans on teaching them the beauty of getting older and choosing what sparks their joy over everything else. 

“It's important for me that number one, that whatever they do, they’ll be happy with their choices. If they figure out they're not happy that they can change. Number two is that they embrace themselves and that they're not afraid to grow up or become older. Every stage of life there are different perks, experiences and things that you'll learn."

It’s no surprise that Valentina has expressed interest in the fashion world.

When Lima caught up with PEOPLE in April for the relaunch of Victoria’s Secret’s Heavenly Eau de Parfum, she revealed that both of her daughters were developing a "big-time" interest in fashion.

"Actually, they give me hints on fashion. They go, 'Mom can I do your makeup today? Mom, can I choose your outfit?'" the FIFA: A Love Letter to Rwanda executive director said.

• 3 weeks later...

Mini Interview by VS

https://vsnow.victoriassecret.com/profiles/icons-on-icons/

WHAT MAKES AN ICON….

ADRIANA:

Being able to feel comfortable in your own skin and embrace your own uniqueness.”

WHO IS YOUR GREATEST ICON… 

ADRIANA:

“In my eyes, all women are icons.”

YOUR MOST ICONIC MOMENT WITH VS… 

ADRIANA:

My most iconic moment with Victoria’s Secret was my first VS commercial directed by Michael Bay. I think that really helped me to change my career a bit.”

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashion/amelia-hamlin-and-adriana-lima-on-the-sexy-inclusive-victorias-secret-revamp

Amelia Hamlin and Adriana Lima on the Sexy and Inclusive Victoria’s Secret Revamp

ADRIANA LIMA: It’s very nice to meet you, Amelia. I’ve been following your Instagram for some time.

AMELIA GRAY: I know. We’ve met a couple times backstage, but we haven’t actually had a moment, so this means so much to me. 

LIMA: I’m a big fan of your mom too. I think she’s amazing. Please tell her hi from me.

GRAY: She’s gonna die. She’s obsessed with you too. It’s interesting that they’re having us do this together because you’re my first memory of Victoria’s Secret. My mom was always like, “Pick someone that inspires you,” and I was always like, “Adriana.” You’re just her.

LIMA: It’s really exciting to talk to you too. How did you feel about being part of Victoria’s Secret? Were you nervous?

GRAY: I never really thought that I would be part of Victoria’s Secret. So when I got the call, I genuinely dropped to the floor and was like, “Wait, what? Are you sure you’re calling the right girl?” It was crazy for my inner child that used to sit on the couch and watch the shows at a young age. And it was one of my favorite sets that I’ve been on so far. It was so empowering. I’d never really done anything sexy and in lingerie.

LIMA: I mean, every post on your Instagram is sexy. [Laughs] I felt the same when they called me for the first time. The first time that I worked with them was in 1998 for the catalog. You know, back in the days, we used to have a catalog. [Laughs] And the first fashion show was in 1999. I never thought that I was gonna be part of that either. And after so many years, when I thought it was over, I received a call again and I couldn’t believe it. It was really exciting for me.

GRAY: When I think of Victoria’s Secret the first person I think of is you, and then I think of Candace [Swanepoel]. How is it being part of Victoria’s Secret for all these years?

LIMA: I’ve been with Victoria’s Secret for over 20 years, and I’ve watched the brand evolve. I started working with them before social media. I saw the fashion show go from being just a regular runway with no entertainment at all, just models and campaigns shot with film cameras, to going digital and having musicians or athletes on the stage.

GRAY: That’s insane. 

LIMA: It’s exciting because it’s always different. This year we’re showcasing cultures and offering a platform to upcoming musicians and fashion designers from all over the world. I was representing the fashion designer Melissa Valdés Duque from Bogota. 

GRAY: I was in Japan. It was incredible. It’s so important to allow designers from all over the world to create their own idea of what it means to be a woman, or to be sexy, or to be empowered. At the end of the day, there’s not just one definition of that. We interpret it so differently. 

LIMA: Can you describe your look? 

GRAY: It was this deconstructed black dress. It was so perfect for me, I literally died when I saw it. It’s all these bras and underwear that the designer took and turned into a dress. But the thing that was most interesting is that she took a 3D print of her body—literally molded her whole body—and turned it into dresses that half of the girls were wearing in my group. 

LIMA: Very artistic.

GRAY: What was yours?

LIMA: It was very modern, yet traditional. It was a crochet dress made out of beads. I’d never seen something like that. It was a golden color, but the way she designed it, it almost looks like liquid. Golden liquid crochet. It’s truly incredible, and she’s so young.

GRAY: I feel like they’re all so young.

LIMA: She’s 23 years old with the mind and creativity of a genius. She started doing crochet when she was seven. It’s exciting to see so many talented people in this forum.

GRAY: I know, I’m really, really, excited for everyone to see it. I’m curious on how everyone’s gonna perceive it. Nobody really knows what’s coming, you know? 

LIMA: Yeah, it’s gonna be a hit. My children are so excited to watch. My youngest, Cyan, it’s his birthday tomorrow. He’s gonna be one. 

GRAY: Happy birthday, Cyan. I remember the last time I saw you, you were pregnant at the Alexander Wang show. It was so major. But wait, I do have to ask you a question about the wings, because we all got to wear them for the main shoot. Oh my god, those wings are so heavy.

LIMA: Which one did you choose?

GRAY: I chose the smallest ones. I don’t even remember which ones because I was really present on set. But when I put them on, I was like, “This is insane.” Mind you, there were some that were 10 times bigger. So how did you walk down the runway for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show with those wings? 

LIMA: Personally, it does not matter if I’m wearing wings or not, I’m always nervous. I get so freaking nervous until I walk out in the show. But there were a few times that I almost got kicked off the runway because they’re so wide open and I barely had space to walk.

GRAY: And there are so many people watching.

LIMA: It’s nerve-wracking, but I love that sensation. I like the adrenaline.

GRAY: Me too.

LIMA: I think the biggest wings I had were maybe six feet tall. And it wasn’t that heavy, but because it’s so spread out, you kind of lose your balance a little bit and it’s hard to walk.

GRAY: Oh my god. And you’re walking on the runway with such strength and you’re being so sexy and calm.

LIMA: I was nervous, but luckily nothing happened.

GRAY: I really respect you for walking in those wings all those years and never having a moment.

LIMA: It has happened, but it wasn’t aired. Nobody saw, but there were a few things that happened backstage.

GRAY: Nobody needs to know about those things. Also, I don’t know if you remember, but  before I was a model, and was very much your biggest fan—I’m still your biggest fan—but when I was like 12, you wished me a happy birthday. That was the nicest thing ever. Your birthday’s the day before mine, so we’re both Geminis.

LIMA: You’re a Gemini! I love it. I’ve been following your mom for some time and I love her energy, and I sense the same vibe with you. But let’s talk about music. What do you listen to to get pumped up for the show? I’m so out of the loop. When we were on the shoot, they asked me to choose a song, but all I listen to is baby music.

GRAY: [Laughs] What is baby music? But music for me actually makes it easier to portray my character. Music on set is very important for me. So for this particular shoot, like I said before, I’m not that sexual of a person in real life. On my Instagram I am, but that’s the character I play. So when I was doing Victoria’s Secret and they asked me what to play, immediately I was like, “’Sex with Me’ by Rihanna.” Without that song, I wouldn’t have been able to do it as well as I hope I did. But before the runway, when I’m really nervous, I listen to Azealia Banks. I only listen to one song, it’s called “212.” It’s kind of a lot on the ears, but if you put your AirPods in and just tune out and listen, it’s like you’re now the baddest. Rap also brings me to that space.

LIMA: Is that like hardcore rap? I like that.

GRAY: Whatever can take me out of being me as a person. I’m more of a Sade type vibe. I’m really chill. I like jazz, I like Kenny G.

LIMA: Oh, Kenny!

GRAY: Is music important to you like that too, or can you just turn on the character?

LIMA: Music is a big part of my life and it’s a big part of finding inspiration. I used to do playlists. Like, for a workout, for the Victoria Secret commercials that I would shoot, for shows. And it was a combination of music and movies. I would watch old-school Hollywood.

GRAY: I’m doing that right now. 

LIMA: One of the greatest classic movies to me is La Dolce Vita. 

GRAY: I need to watch it again.

LIMA: And all the Marilyn Monroe movies. I’m obsessed with Sophia Loren, too. There are many movies that I try to capture. I watch how they move and I get certain things from each character.

GRAY: I love that. I’m finally getting into movies in my twenties.

LIMA: You know what I miss? Back in the days when VH1 and MTV played real music videos. There are a lot of music videos that were super inspiring for fashion.

GRAY: Usually I study the old ’90s fashion shows for every brand that I work for. I’ve seen this one Versace show a billion times. But I’ve been needing an extra push of inspiration, so I think I’m gonna do the music video and movie thing.

LIMA: Usually I go eighties. I love the ’80s. I’m obsessed with Billy Idol. There’s a lot of inspiration there for me. 

GRAY: I better do my research.

LIMA: I will send more to your Instagram for you to check out.

GRAY: Please do.

LIMA: Where are you now? 

GRAY: I’m in L.A. at my gym right now. I just did Pilates.

LIMA: Tell me where you go for Pilates. I moved to L.A. I used to live in Miami.

GRAY: Amazing. And you’re Brazilian, right? My boyfriend’s Brazilian and I’m pretty sure he is going to be my husband one day and I need to learn how to make all the food and speak Portuguese, quickly.

LIMA: Oh my god. Have you been to Brazil yet?

GRAY: No. We were supposed to go. I need to go. He’s from both Rio and São Paulo. 

LIMA: You’d love Rio. São Paulo has a kind of New York vibe.

GRAY: We need to hang out, please.

LIMA: You’re going to be in New York?

GRAY: Yes.

LIMA: I’m looking forward to seeing you.

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, ekn said:

2€ is nothing but location restriction is everthing LOL. No access out of ‘Deutschland’. 
@ekn Can we get the full interview? I assume this one is different than RTL’s ??

5 hours ago, laeteita said:

2€ is nothing but location restriction is everthing LOL. No access out of ‘Deutschland’. 
@ekn Can we get the full interview? I assume this one is different than RTL’s ??

I read this interview. Since this is a paid article, is it okay to share the full text here?

Also, I watched the behind-the-scenes video of this and thought that the actual video would be included in this article, but it wasn't. Maybe it will be released later?

19 minutes ago, jamiya said:

I read this interview. Since this is a paid article, is it okay to share the full text here?

Also, I watched the behind-the-scenes video of this and thought that the actual video would be included in this article, but it wasn't. Maybe it will be released later?

Did she say anything interesting or new?

People are discouraged to post content and unsure if it is OK to post specific content. Can someone reply please, if it is OK post full contents of the link. 

Many members already read/saw the contents but unsure to share on here because of the unclear forum rules.

The interview:

Iconic supermodel Adriana Lima discusses motherhood, social media trolls and creating a space for mature women within the fashion industry – and just like the heritage Cartier Collection pieces Adriana wears, she only gets better with age

It’s fair to say that 2023 has been somewhat of a comeback year for the supermodels of the ’90s and noughties. They’ve enjoyed space in documentaries on streaming channels, group fashion magazine covers, jointly walking the runways again and grabbing designer brand campaigns from the new pretenders. And in the midst of the supers who are making a return is one of the nicest, most down-toearth people in fashion – who also happens to be one of the most beautiful women in the world: Adriana Lima… although she makes it clear that this is just the warm-up to her renaissance. “My true comeback will be in 2024,” she laughs. The model and actress, who is probably most famous for being the longest-running Victoria’s Secret Angel in the world, is now 42-years-old and a mother of five, but is still giving the newbies a run for their money after being named as the face of Victoria’s Secret’s Heavenly Eau de Parfum in April and also starring in the brand’s recent Icons lingerie campaign alongside Gisele Bündchen, Naomi Campbell and Candice Swanepoel.

“I feel like there has been a return of the supers,” agrees Adriana as we chat about her recent campaigns. “I’ve been seeing not only supermodels from the 2000s but also from the ’80s and ’90s who have been working a lot lately and I think it’s wonderful to see.” She goes on to explain why that might be. “I think each of the supermodels has a different character and persona, and I think that’s what makes a difference because you can see those distinct personas when they are in photoshoots and on the runaway. They are easily remembered for that. I think that makes it easier for brands to sell because people connect to you, they connect to that distinct personality that you have.”

And it seems that brands are finally catching on that consumers want to see women of all age brackets in the limelight. “These supermodels are in different stages of their lives and are being celebrated for being mature women, which is refreshing to see because, as we know, the traditional fashion models usually don’t last that long. But I think that scenario is finishing. I think that as women, we are being celebrated in every stage of our life.” Adriana has a vested interest in wanting that narrative to be true – and that extends beyond her own alleged ‘sell-by date’. “I’m happy to see that change because one of my daughters wants to be a model,” she explains of her eldest, Valentina, aged 14. “And I felt very sad that she, as a model, would be celebrated for only a certain time frame of her life. I think that every stage is a beautiful time and I’m loving that fashion is now embracing that.”

So, does she think society is finally changing? Are we moving away from the conventional idea of what models and indeed women should look like? Are we leaving behind the ‘thin, pretty and young’ traditional beauty ideals that have dominated much of her lifetime and career? Adriana is not so sure. “I don’t think we’re [totally] moving away from ‘thin, young and beautiful’; I think that the world is creating space for everyone – and everyone with their uniqueness is being celebrated. I think there is beauty in every stage of a woman and man’s life and it’s wonderful to see that there can be space for everybody.”

This does feel like an incredibly positive and gracious attitude from Adriana, considering the onslaught of scrutiny and judgement she faced just a few weeks ago when she stepped out to attend The Hunger Games: The Ballad Of Songbirds & Snakes premiere. Social media comments speculated that her face ‘looked altered’ and that she’d had a facelift or fillers. Others suggested she looked ‘all swollen’ and ‘much older’ than the last time she’d been seen in public. Mainstream media and web publications joined in the beauty-shaming circus. Adriana gently retaliated, posting a bare-faced picture on Instagram with the caption: ‘The face of a tired mom of one teenage girl, two pre-teens, one active boy, a one-year-old learning to walk, and three dogs… thanks for your concern’.

“It did not bother me at all,” laughs Adriana. “I’m very strong that way, and honestly, I looked at myself before I stepped out and I was feeling great. I was with my children, and they looked at me and were like, ‘Mom! You look so beautiful!’ Adriana does admit that she was surprised to see how she looked in the pictures, though. “I was in shock when I saw them. I was like ‘that’s not me’. Everything was strange because I don’t see myself like that. I still don’t see myself like that… you can see yourself differently. I didn’t get offended or anything, though – I was laughing. The point is, I am not 16 years old. I started modelling at 16 but I will never be 16 again. I’m 42 and I’m the happiest I’ve been; the happiest with myself. I embrace my age and I will not change for anyone.”

With that said, Adriana, who has worked on a number of female empowerment projects, is aware of how it could affect her kids. “My concern about this is not for me, it’s for my children because they were with me, they saw me and then this stuff comes out. I don’t want them to feel the pressure to look a certain way because of other people. If they do that to me, how will they be safe? And the truth is, I don’t think anyone is safe because people are always criticising,” she laments.

Adriana Lima On Motherhood and Her Children

The model and TV host’s concern for her blended family is at the heart of everything she does and feels. Mother to daughters Valentina, 14 and Sienna, 11 from her marriage to ex-husband Marko Jarić, son Cyan who turned one this August with partner Andre Lemmers and his two children Miah and Lupo from a previous relationship. This makes for a busy household, so how does she cope?

“I take it day by day,” she confesses. “Every day is a different story. There is no manual for motherhood. As the kids grow up, they’re going towards different stages of their life. I still have a baby and I have a teenager so every day you deal with different things. I wish I could tell you something magical, some advice, but I just take it a step at a time.”

And Adriana’s everyday life is not that out of the ordinary. “I do live quite a normal life and I do everything that a normal person would do. When you’re a model, people think that you’re always going to be dressed up with your hair and make-up done in designer clothes – and that’s not me. When I’m going round the supermarket or dropping my kids at school, people see me but they’re not sure it’s actually me. They get confused,” she laughs. “I like my everyday life, I do everything that someone ‘normal’ would do: drive the kids to school, pick them up, go to the supermarket, walk the dog… just simple things and I love it.”

Time off during the pandemic and then being at home pre and post having her youngest child has meant spending most of her time at home in Miami, prioritising motherhood – even if it gets in the way of her own hobbies, exercise and self-care time. Adriana was known for her almost regimental fitness and diet regimes in the lead-up to Victoria’s Secret shows. She’s been boxing since the age of 19 and is an advocate for meditation – but all that has to take somewhat of a backseat these days.

“Ok, I’m really struggling,” she laughs. “With children and a baby, it’s hard to be at the gym every day, even though I really do love the gym. Generally, I’ve been doing a lot of cardio like jumping rope and running and also started adding weights which I didn’t do before, and then I’ll do boxing say twice a week for 20 minutes. I try to go to the gym six times a week but I’m not very successful, I really try but with the children it’s crazy. The other day I had my session with my trainer set up and then the school called me to pick up my daughter because she didn’t feel well and then the other one another day, so it’s tough.”

Could she not let someone else pick up the children? “On no, I really love it, I love doing everything with them, they’re growing up so quickly. I look at my 14-year-old and I look at pictures of when she was a baby – it’s happened in the blink of an eye. It’s funny because I didn’t want children, but then I changed and now I want more kids!”

I ask her about her down time, if indeed there is any. “I used to meditate a lot but now there’s no time. I barely have time to go out for dinner with my husband. So my meditation is going to the bathroom for five minutes and locking myself in and praying that my kids are not going to be knocking at my door and asking me for something they need,” she smiles. “I do love watching old Hollywood movies and Italian classics like La Dolce Vita with Anita Ekberg, I’m also obsessed with Lauren Bacall and I use those films for inspiration when it comes to fashion but I only really get to watch films on the plane these days!”

And is fashion still a big thing for her? “Fashion is in my blood,” says Adriana, who has worked with brands including Versace, Prada, Loewe and Louis Vuitton. “When it comes to designers, I love Tamara Ralph. I think she’s so elegant and I saw her comeback this year. I was so excited to see all her designs. I’m also waiting for a comeback from Riccardo Tisci. I love him, I think he’s so creative and so different, and I can’t wait to see his return.”

Despite the business of motherhood, Adriana has managed to find time for work, be that modelling, documentary-making, humanitarian work or in her role as a FIFA fan ambassador, which the self-proclaimed lover of the sport is continuing with into next year.

“I can’t share a lot of details of the work I’ve done with FIFA yet but I can say that there wasn’t one single trip that I did with them where I wasn’t involved in a charity. We went to visit a few hospitals, different countries, different schools and we went to visit a particular place that really caught my attention.”

Adriana, who worked on the FIFA: A Love Letter to Rwanda short earlier this year, can’t share the details of the latest project but tells us the story of meeting a humanitarian worker who has rescued 100 young children from politically unstable countries and is providing them with education and a place to stay. She’s passionate about being able to tell this woman’s story in detail soon.

So what else can we expect from the woman who was named Victoria’s Secret’s most-valuable model? “A lot of things happened this year for me, but I wouldn’t call it my comeback yet. I think my official comeback will actually be next year,” she reveals. “You guys will see that. That’s all I can say for now!” We can’t wait. As many of Adriana’s fans have exclaimed: The queen is back.