Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

New interview (in German): http://www.vogue.de/...-seemanns-garrn

Translation via sore on tFS

This is my translation of her Vogue.de interview:

Toni Garrn grew up in Athens and Hamburg, surrounded by water. As a model, she travels the world, [and; but] she feels especially at home whenever she is surrounded by blue rays and heaving waves. She always carries a piece of home with her in her beauty bag: creams with aquatic textures that make her elfish skin glow naturally, as she reveals in Vogue.

What do you think about when you hear the word 'sea'?

...about my wonderful childhood which I partly spent at the beaches of Greece. Until today, the Mediterranean is, of all possible holiday destinations, the area I feel most connected with. This is were I was playing in the water for hours as a child and where I learnt how to swim.

Biotherm recently launched a BB cream with aquatic ingredients, the corresponding serum will be in stores in may. How does the power of the sea affect your elfish complexion?

The "Aquasource" products have a great effect on the skin.The textures are light and very smooth. My skin feels refreshed and radiant immediatly after the application.

You are the face of the "Aquasource" line by Biotherm. Did your job as a beauty testimonial influence your personal beauty routine?

For all my life, I have been very lucky with my skin. As a beauty testimonal, I can only hope that this won't change anytime soon... I always remove my make-up, I don't smoke and I use a day care cream - these are my three inevitable beauty rules.

Does your beauty routine change before fashion month?

If I know that I'll walk a few shows in a row, I make sure that get enough sleep before and I go to a spa. But I try not to work too much any more. In case I do walk several shows on the same day, I bring my own cleanser and day care to avoid irritated skin.

How do you store your beauty favourites?

That's not as easy as it seems. I try and put as much favourites as possible in a small bag. Most of the products are from Paris. Whenever I get there, I buy a copious supply of these products. Obviously, you can buy a lot of great clothes in Paris as well. I love Isabel Marant and the vintage store Kiiwatch - I always find something in there!

And where do you go shopping in your hometown Hamburg?

I love the perfumeries and pharmacies in Germany in general. There are so many cool beauty products to discover...