Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2007 (POST-SHOW THREAD)

Prettyphile

In case you guys didn't already know, here is how the show worked and why we saw pictures before the show that weren't in the final taping.

They actually did the show twice. The first time was without cameras. Then, they asked everyone if they wanted to stick around and watch the whole show again, this time with cameras rolling.

Remember the part where Stam stumbled, for instance? She did that whole walk over again after the stumble so that's why we didn't see it in the show.

So many of the things we saw before hand but wonder what happened to in the TV version were a result of the show being done fully....two times.

For those who didn't want to watch it again and stay for the filming part, their seats were filled with people standing by to be seat fillers. So, that's why what we saw was so different.

It was a very long night at the Kodak Theater that night, needless to say. The good thing is that when the show WITH cameras began, the models had the chance to do their very best work. For some it worked/helped (Y) and for others, it did not, obviously. (N)

There is nothing wrong with an wink, a kiss being blown, a subtle wave to someone, but seriously..

What the some of the models did was really Juvenile and cheap .. It kinda reminded me of shit you'd see at a High School pep rally. NOT SEXY unless of course you are 14.

This is about lingerie people. They needed to convey sexy, playful, seductive, classy, a little raunchy, mysterious, and learn to appeal to ADULTS who actually spend shit loads of money on their stuff.

Also several people have pointed out that Marisa doesn't really do Runway so "her walk isn't that bad"... Um.. Do you remember that they picked a COLLEGE GIRL to walk in the show? Said college girl had a 500% walk... that's just sad..

I seriously think Marisa was a last minute choice, and don't ask why.. but I think she may have replaced Ana Beatriz...call it a gut feeling.

Oh well...What's done is done... and the show sucked this year.. everything about that show sucked except for the occasional outfit.

I can't believe I find myself saying this.. but I'd sooner have Gisele, Naomi, Tyra, Dewi and Ana back in the show then see Miranda or Marisa back

I LOVE Mirs, she's a great model, awesome body, and cute as a button... but she's cute! I almost feel dirty looking at her. My husband nearly refused to watch the show when he saw her come out the first time.... he was like.. "wtf .. why is there a 16 year old walking?"

I had to remind him that she's an adult... and his response was .. "In what country?!!!!"

In 03 Ana was in the running to be one of the Angels. But she broke her contract before she really got to do anything other than a couple commercials with Adri and the like. She decided to do J.Lo lingerie, and as you know VS exclusve contracts are just that... exclusive. Ana broke hers, and so she was dropped. They are supposed to still be on very good terms...

Ana said she was going to be in this years show and she was confirmed until a couple days before the show where her name suddenly dissapeared from the roster. I'm guessing VS had something to do with it.

EDIT: I feel the same way about Kerr.... and your husband is hilarious, Prettyphile.

Prettyphile,

You're just mad because Josie Maran got kicked out in the first round of Dancing With The Stars ;)

If you found the Surreal segment weird / odd / surreal (the one with Adriana dancing and Angela doing "voodoo"), it means it succeeded in its very premise.

Woman you need to get several days rested XP before we run again! Christopher loves you and says "I know"

Utters, Miagi, Rhowan, Viansa, Myself, Xoot, Valkyrion, Bullheaded, Goreth, Keldren, Veylon, Fafner, Stretch, Cryptopsy

Impact, Shakaloo, Minoko, Gurthakk, Larth, Rogrog, Billybones, Paru, Yawka, Lucinous, Arucard, Mafua, Sorlank, Furieus, Fithcolumn, Vawx, Kromb, Shiek & Angelious agree with you. :wub:

It learns what Cute and Sexy are. Miranda is the CUTE

cute

cut·er, cut·est, adverb, noun

–adjective 1. attractive, esp. in a dainty way; pleasingly pretty: a cute child; a cute little apartment.

2. affectedly or mincingly pretty or clever; precious: The child has acquired some intolerably cute mannerisms.

3. mentally keen; clever; shrewd.

–adverb 4. Informal. in a cute, charming, or amusing way; cutely: In this type of movie the boy and girl always meet cute.

–noun 5. the cutes, Informal. self-consciously cute mannerisms or appeal; affected coyness: The young actress has a bad case of the cutes.

--

sex·y

–adjective, sex·i·er, sex·i·est. 1. concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué: a sexy novel.

2. sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality: the sexiest professor on campus.

3. excitingly appealing; glamorous: a sexy new car.

Prettyphile,

You're just mad because Josie Maran got kicked out in the first round of Dancing With The Stars ;)

If you found the Surreal segment weird / odd / surreal (the one with Adriana dancing and Angela doing "voodoo"), it means it succeeded in its very premise.