Bellazon

Tennis

safin83

That Djokovic vs Hewitt match was great

It was! It should have gone to five sets. Hewitt must be disgusted with himself. I'm hoping for a Federer-Djokovic final now.

And Ana took out Nicole saving three match points! :clap: I really can't stand Vaidisova so I'm kinda glad she choked this. I still can't see beyond a Venus-Justine final though. Henin will mash Bartoli tomorrow.

:o :shock: Okay I'll be the first to admit I was totally wrong. I thought it was Justine's title this year, no question. But now I'm just in shock.

I've seen Marion Bartoli play many times and lose to Justine and I never thought she was capable of the performance she produced today. Her play in the final set reminded me of Monica Seles! Unbelievable. Apparently she became inspired when she spotted Pierce Brosnan in the crowd. :laugh:

Today has just been awesome at SW19.

Gasquet vs Roddick was an absolute cracker! Amazing serving and superb shotmaking.

I didn't see Djokovic vs Baghdatis but that looks like it was a bit of a classic too.

:hell yea!: :woot: :hell yea!: :woot: :hell yea!:

Roger!!!

:hell yea!: :woot: :hell yea!: :woot: :hell yea!:

What an amazing final! It was so close. Roger has equalled Bjorn Borg's record. And it's nice to see Bjorn come down from the Royal Box to congratulate Fed straight after the match.

Nadal was brilliant as well. He has improved on grass so much that it's now clear he can definitely win Wimbledon. In fact he nearly won today. It only came down to a few vital points. Superb.

Federer won barely. I was happy for him. You could see the relief when her was crying. I'm sad that Roddick lost in the quarters. He should've won that much ad witheld his ranking but Djokovic is 3rd. 3 Serbians in the top 5. We're tied with the Russians. Also Tipsarevic is 48 now.

Yeah that really hurt Djokovic.

The only bad thing was that the men's semis weren't very good because Gasquet and Djokovic were tired and injured. But to be honest the final totally made up for that - it was a classic!

Plus there was the first British player in 20 years to win a Wimbledon title: Jamie Murray partnering Jelena Jankovic (who was outstanding in the final btw).

post-9426-1184016168_thumb.jpg

post-9426-1184016179_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

finally some young american men are doing well, i was getting a little worried about us, doesnt look like nadal will make it very far because of his knee, so that leaves the door open for hewitt/djokovic/safin, personally im pulling for marat safin, if he gets on a roll he can beat anyone in the world including federer