Bellazon

Tennis

safin83

Anas diary

The other thing is that I'm going to be playing less doubles. I had planned to play some tournaments with Maria Kirilenko but now I decided that I need to focus more on singles. Doubles is great fun, but it can cause problems for singles, especially when there is a rain delay, or you need extra recovery time.

The worst thing would be if I had to withdraw from the doubles competition during a Grand Slam, because I was tired and needed to rest for singles �" I would feel very bad, letting down a partner like that. Actually I would play anyway out of obligation, and that would not be a good situation.

So I decided it was best not to commit to anything. Maria and I are good friends and she also thinks it's a good decision.

I heard today that Ana is entered into Wimbledon doubles with Daniela Hantuchova! Perhaps she changed her mind. I hope it does happen. They would make a hot team! :drool: ;) Bit of a snub for Lil Masha though.

I had tickets for the WTA tournament in Birmingham today. I took a day off work so I could drive down. The Centre Court schedule was fantastic: Sharapova, Jankovic, Hantuchova and others. But we've had horrendous weather the last couple of days. I checked the reports this morning and they all said torrential rain. So I thought about it and in the end decided not to bother going. And I was right: it was a total washout. :(

I'm pretty disappointed. If Daniela wins this next match she goes back into the Top 10 for the first time in years. It would have been cool to see it.

I can console myself with the fact that I have a Wimbledon ticket. I'd better start making offerings to the sun god...

Chaky your new avatar is so hot!

:blush: Glad you like it!

Almost a total washout again at Birmingham today. This event is on the verge of getting cancelled! Many players haven't played their 3rd round matches yet and it's supposed to be semi-finals tomorrow.

At Queen's club for the Artois Championships a lot of the big names have now dropped. Due to rain delays several players had to play twice: Nicolas Mahut defeated Ivan Ljubicic early on and came back later in the day to defeat Rafael Nadal! "It's the best day in my tennis life," he said. Gonzo lost to Tursunov and smashed his racquet up in frustration. :laugh: Roddick's still in with a shot but from what I saw of his match today he's not playing at his best on the grass yet.

Daniela's back in the Top 10! :woot: This is after she won her 3rd round match against Daniilidou. She is currently in the middle of her QF against Bartoli which she's had to play on the same day due to the rain delays.

Roddick won Queens again. I think it is his 4th time. However he had to save match point to do it and take two tiebreak wins in the 2nd and 3rd sets to get there.

Roddick def Mahut 4-6 7-6 (9-7) 7-6 (7-2)

I saw the first set and his opponent Nicolas Mahut of France is incredibly talented on grass. The poor guy now has to go straight to playing Wimbledon qualies. If his wins against Ljubo and Rafa had happened a day or two earlier I'm sure he would have got a Main Draw wildcard. Hopefully he can get through the qualies because he's a good player to watch.

And at Birmingham:

Jankovic def Sharapova 4-6 6-3 7-5

Both players to had to play their semifinals earlier in the day because of rain delays. Maria's semi against Marion Bartoli was further interrupted when a spectator fell and seriously injured her spine. She had to be airlifted to hospital in a helicopter. An elderly guy in the crowd also passed out and had to receive medical attention. This tournament has not had the best run of luck this year. I've got to claim my money back for my Thursday ticket when play was completely washed out.

Hey Chaky, I was in London for 3 hours. Only at the airport but still.

:wave: Oh well. You'll have to stay longer next time. London is lots of fun and there's loads of cool stuff to do. :cool:

And I will be in London on Monday because... I'm going to Wimbledon! :bounce:

How is Belgrade btw?

It's awesome here because eurosport shows every tournament. Even the small ones. I saw Petrova retire against Mauresmo.

I agree, it's good. In fact I love this time of year - grass court season - because they've got tennis on the BBC too and it's all day long.

In Rosmalen it's Anna Chakvetadze vs Jelena Jankovic in the final. Jelena has won 51 matches already this year which I think is close to a new record in the WTA. She's insane! She literally plays every week without a break. I think she's trying to go for over 100 victories in a year.

The Wimbledon draw came out today. What does everyone think? Most of the Brits got terrible draws. Henman drew Moya and Murray may well withdraw by Monday. Most of the girls drew seeds in round one. :mad: Actually the women's draw is similar to Roland Garros with a Justine-Serena quarter-final in prospect. I think the seeding committee should have swapped a few more seeds around to get the possibility of that being a final instead.

I will hopefully be watching Roger play his opening match on Centre Court on Monday...

Hey Chaky, I was in London for 3 hours. Only at the airport but still.

:wave: Oh well. You'll have to stay longer next time. London is lots of fun and there's loads of cool stuff to do. :cool:

And I will be in London on Monday because... I'm going to Wimbledon! :bounce:

How is Belgrade btw?

Wow. Be sure to take lots of pics. I went to the US open last year. It's really great. My cousin took me out and we went down town. I hadnt ridden a bus since I was 5 or something like that. My uncle said he met Ana on the street several months ago. I watched the Jankovic Safina match too!!! And right now they're replaying it. The people here are so tall and thin. There are so many girls that could be moels. Also there is FTV here and I got to see a special on Tanya D. I'm getting used to speaking the language. It's already 11:30 here.I can't wait until Wimbledon. I'll get to see Anna and Jelena play tomorrow.