Bellazon

Tennis

safin83

Novak lost!

Even though I've been looking forward to a Rafa v Roger final I was kinda rooting for Novak today. The first two sets of this match were brilliant, probably some of the best tennis I've seen in this tournament. And I like that Novak's personality comes through on court.

But Nadal is just brutal! I was getting tired just watching them - the amount of energy they expend is incredible. It's a shame Novak couldn't keep up his level into the third set. I think he was gone by then.

Roger is in for a very tough time as Rafa is looking unstoppable right now.

good tounament this year, we get to see the final im sure we've all wanted! I really hope roger can pull it off, he would get the career grand slam and will stay alive for the year slam!

on the womens side its nice to see ivanovic in the final, it was only a matter of time before she broke through, but i dont see her beating henin on clay, henin is playing way to good right now, but hopefully ivanovic can pull off the upset

Justine won! :thumbsup: An amazing achievement. She has won 35 consecutive sets at RG and this is her 3rd title in a row. She has played wonderful clay court tennis over the past couple of weeks and executed her game plan perfectly today.

Ana! :( :hug: She started so well but I think the realisation of where she was just hit her at 1-0 40-0. I thought this might happen, it's pretty typical for someone in their first Slam final. She got nervous. I hope she learns from it because I think she can get there again. I've been predicting big things for her since I saw her play in the Wimbledon Juniors final a few years ago. She displays such good sportsmanship too which can't always be said for some of her peers. A lot of people are comparing Ana to Kim Clijsters. Some people criticised Kim because they believed her good-nature and sporting behaviour got in the way of a killer winning instinct. Could Ana go the same way? Is it possible to be too nice in sports?

Roger! :idk: :cry:

That first set! :banghead: 10 break points and not a single one taken. Rafa had two break points and took them both! I mean Nadal played well on some of them but most were Roger's errors or he wasn't aggressive enough. And Roger's first serve percentage was something like 30%.

Check the stats for the match:

Break points won:

Federer - 1 of 17

Nadal - 4 of 10

Winners/Unforced errors:

Federer - 18/60

Nadal - 13/28

I can't believe Roger made so many errors today. And it was not all because of Nadal making him go for his shots. If Roger wants to win this title he's got to play against Rafa like he does for the rest of the tournament. Thank god it's the grass season now.

for some reason roger can never play a clean match against rafa, he's always shooting himself in the foot! but oh well, i think he will win the french open eventually just to bad it couldnt be this year

ivanovic was completely overwhelmed, she will learn from this, she is a very nice person, but i dont think it hurts her game, she's shown already that she has alot of fight as a competitor

Anas diary

Two announcements! / June 12, 2007

It’s been an amazing couple of days. I left Paris on Sunday evening. On the aeroplane the crew were very kind, they did a presentation with champagne and they also gave us a cake.

I don’t often drink alcohol but obviously this was a special occasion. Still, I didn’t drink too much in case I got drunk before we landed in Belgrade!

There was an unbelievable celebration outside the City Hall. I think there were around 10,000 people greeting me, Novak and Jelena. It was definitely an emotional time and very enjoyable. :) I want to thank everyone who came on Sunday and also to everyone who supported me at the French Open.

Seeing how much our achievements mean to the people gives me even more motivation to train hard. I’m having another day off today but I will be back on the courts on Wednesday preparing for my next tournament in Holland.

I have two announcements to make. First of all, I will be playing in the Fed Cup against the Slovak Republic after Wimbledon. It was an easy decision to make! I only missed one tie because it didn’t fit my schedule, and now that I did so well in Paris I think it’s clear I made the right decision – the girls won without me in April anyway.

I am excited because I think Jelena and I have a great chance of doing very well in the team competition. We want so much to reach the World Group.

The other thing is that I’m going to be playing less doubles. I had planned to play some tournaments with Maria Kirilenko but now I decided that I need to focus more on singles. Doubles is great fun, but it can cause problems for singles, especially when there is a rain delay, or you need extra recovery time.

The worst thing would be if I had to withdraw from the doubles competition during a Grand Slam, because I was tired and needed to rest for singles – I would feel very bad, letting down a partner like that. Actually I would play anyway out of obligation, and that would not be a good situation.

So I decided it was best not to commit to anything. Maria and I are good friends and she also thinks it’s a good decision.

Love

Ana

She will play in the Fed Cup! :hell yea!: