Bellazon

Tennis

safin83

Hmmm, I'm not at all surprised by Roddick's loss but he's gotta be wondering where his game is going right now. Where's the Jimmy Connors effect?

I didn't get to see any of it. British TV was showing Tim Henman losing to this 18 year old Latvian playing his first ever Grand Slam match. Ernests Gulbis is his name and he was actually pretty impressive.

Novak's two sets up overnight. Hewitt had a good win. :) Petrova's out first round for the second year in a row!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Some of my faves in the women's draw finally get to play their 1st round. So good luck Anna C, Daniela and Ana! I wish I could get livescores at work but they won't let us use the internet there. :mad:

Just got home from work and it started raining in Paris literally as I turned on the TV. :cain:

So Safin's out as well. I suppose it was too much to expect him to do well. The home favourites are in trouble too - I see Gasquet's out and Monfils was struggling before the rain. Henin was having trouble with Paszek? I've seen Paszek play before, she's definitely talented. Justine looked in control but I guess the rain has interrupted her momentum.

Anna, Daniela and Ana all won comfortably. :bounce:

Monfils is fun to watch, he's kinda unpredictable and he always has these ridiculous drawn-out matches at RG. I think he's got his tactics all wrong but he seems to get by.

Lil' Masha had a tough time against Stosur. She's not had much luck this year.

post-9426-1180550649_thumb.jpg

How'd you like her outfit?

^^^ :cool: :hug:

Is there an interview with it? What's she wearing? And who's on the cover? (Sorry for all the questions.) I'll have to put the word out to some of my other American tennis friends to get hold of it.

Yes there is an interview in it. I dunno if you can really buy it on the stands. I only get it because I'm a USTA member. Theres like 4 or 5 pictures and she looks HOT. She's in regular clothes and there's a long article in it and an interview from her. If I can't scan it I will type out the article.

Thank you Nina. :flower:

Really glad to see Lleyton came through a tough 5 setter against former champion Gaston Gaudio this morning.

The rain is still messing everything up. Anna had her match against Agnes Szavay stopped by rain when she was winning 6-4 *5-4. She came back on, got two points from winning and then collapsed and lost the set on a horrible tie-break. Finally came through 6-4 in the third. :) Daniela's match didn't even start today. She'll probably have to play two or three days in a row now (assuming she keeps winning).

Big match tomorrow: Jankovic [4] vs Venus Williams [26]

I can also imagine Monfils vs Nalbandian turning into an epic. Henin might be waiting a while to get on after that.

Friday 1 June - live updates

Friday, June 1, 2007

By Drew Lilley

8.28 pm: Safina takes the second 6-3 (Fatima's happy again, and I'm safe - for the moment). And... Henin has beaten Santangelo, 6-2, 6-3 (I said she'd lose seven, I was close). She looked ruffled at times but her topspin fore and backhands were looking good. The No.1 seed and 2003, 2005 and 2006 champion will face Sybille "Bam Bam" Bammer in the last 16, probably on Sunday.

8.19 pm: Santangelo is still pushing Juju. Broken back again - 4-3 now. Who'll win the women's, asks Raj? One of Serena, Justine, Jelena and Nicole. Whoever plays best on the days. I can't really separate them at the moment - all have plenty of good moments, the odd lapse. Will Mirza and Santoro win the mixed, he continues. Well, they won 6-2, 6-0 against Vania King and Franek Cermac today. I'd love to see them do well as Santoro is a nice guy from the little I've met him and I'm obviously a big Sania fan.

Why do men take three service balls from the ball-kids, bounce them then throw one back? asks Liesbeth. Because they like to get the one with the absolute, ultimate, no doubt about it fastest bounce for their first services at 200+ km/h.

What do I do in my spare time, asks Fatima? Hmm... play touch rugby for Switzerland. Do you believe me? Well you should, 'cause it's true.

8.13 pm: Serena wins 6-4, 6-3. She salutes the crowd and looks happy with her performance - as well she might. The 18-zear-old Roxette-a-like gave a great account of herself, but it was a bridge too far this early in her career. Sultry-na, meanwhile, will play the winner of the Pannetone/Davai Dinara match (where Dinara has broken!) 26 winners, Serena hit, compared with 16 unforced errors. Juju meanwhile has broken again. Nearly there...

8.07 pm: Sultry breaks rockin', then holds. 5-3 to the 2002 winner. Juju breaks then is broken back by Mara. There's still a hint of rain in the air out there. Davai Dinara and Pannetone are still going with serve, 2-2. Fatima, meanwhile, after sending me nine mails today, is obviously too glued to the TV to write...