Bellazon

Tennis

safin83

Chaky, you live in Manchester? Im so jealous! I LOVE Manchester united!

:thumbsup: Another Man U supporter on the board. A certain someone in the football thread would not be pleased to hear that. :laugh:

Strange you mention that - I don't go to Man U matches but I did take a visiting friend to Old Trafford last week to get a gift for her dad. The shop there is like a supermarket. It's crazy - a proper industry going on. They've got every sort of merchandise you could think of and some you wouldn't ever think of.

Btw, who are your favorite players? I like Guga but he has not been so successful recently. I also like Roddick and many people criticize me for this. Something about him not having a good attitude on the court :whistle: .

You must know a few of mine by now:

Men: Federer of course! Always enjoyed watching Hewitt although he does tend to rub some people up the wrong way, more so than Roddick. And the Brits - Henman and Murray. I like Safin when he's in a good spot of form but that's not really been for ages. Not a big fan of Roddick I'm afraid. I think it's because most opponents struggle so much returning his serve that the match can be quite one-dimensional. It's exciting when he plays Roger though.

Women: Daniela Hantuchova and Anna Chakvetadze are top of the list. Next Justine Henin, Hingis, Dementieva and Ivanovic. :)

Anna C. will be against Alicia Molik. That might be tough.

Molik's not the player she once was. If she plays like she has for most of this season Anna will win this easily. Anna's in the best quarter I think. Momo tends to choke at RG and Masha has been sucking recently due to her injury.

The women's draw is so top-heavy. Justine, Serena, Jelena, Nadia, Venus and Nicole are all in the top half.

Henman has potentially got Nadal in the third round. Not sure he'll make it that far though. Hewitt would get Nadal in the 4th round so I guess it's not so good for him either. Novak's draw looks nice actually. Maybe David Ferrer could be trouble for him but apart from that I think it might be plain sailing. Federer's draw is not that kind but hopefully he'll come through without too much difficulty.

The men's draw is more evenly distributed. But for the women anyone in the bottom half who brings it in Paris could end up in the final. The top half is a battlefield.

I can't wait for it to start but I think I'm gonna have a horrible hangover tomorrow! Playing on Sunday are Safin, Gonzo, Venus, Serena and Justine!

Which channel shows Roland Garros in the States? Is the coverage any good? I believe there's two channels showing it here.

I actually fell asleep at 5 but they don't start airing until 9 a.m. and btw Pironkova almost took a set off Serena.

And she just has! Serena was horrible at the restart.

I thought Pironkova would choke this like the 4 set points this morning. You've still gotta pick Serena to win but she's got to cut the errors. It would be the shock of the tournament if she lost now.