Bellazon

What do you think of downloading movies

Alibaba126

What do you think of downloading movies ?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of downloading movies ?

• wrong
    • ok

It's ok. Thanks to Divx and movies burned on CDs, more people can watch movies and then discuss them. Tickets are awfully expensive, and not everyone can afford such an expense. Besides, some of the movies aren't even shown in the cinemas here, so very often the only way for me to see a certain film is to borrow a Divx from my friend. I say downloading movies is a good thing, because movie producers and distributors make enough money anyhow.

It's ok. Thanks to Divx and movies burned on CDs, more people can watch movies and then discuss them. Tickets are awfully expensive, and not everyone can afford such an expense. Besides, some of the movies aren't even shown in the cinemas here, so very often the only way for me to see a certain film is to borrow a Divx from my friend. I say downloading movies is a good thing, because movie producers and distributors make enough money anyhow.

Yeah, i guess your right. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

it's a 1000x more fun to see movies @ cinemas, but indeed the tickets are expensive + there is no f*cking cinema in my town, ive gotta travel over 20 miles for one lol, that all simply isnt worth it.

BUT, May 2nd they will finally open a cinema here, not even 100 metres away from my house lol :p, so i'll be visiting it alot then :)

(ps. if you think, what shitty town does he live in, doesnt even a cinema, we don't even have McDonalds nor a trainstation :| )

• 1 month later...
Guest quasicartes
if i don't have to pay for it, i don't, and 99.9% of the time i don't pay.  we in the united states live in a free market society, and as much as the corporations don't want to admit it, FREE shit competes with the shit you have to pay for in the FREE MARKET.  stuff that costs money simply cannot compete with FREE, which is why the paid-off, corrupt politicians have to make laws against what only arises naturally. 

the metaphor i like to use is this:  what if they decided to make the air that we breathe illegal to breathe for free, and forced the population to buy air tanks even though air is available for free all around us?  would you say "fuck it" and take the air for free, or would you be a wuss and pay for the tank?  personally, i would tell them to take their bullshit law and stuff it up their ass. 

the same thing goes for digital information:  if it takes no human labor to distribute copies of information, then it is essentially worthless as a product.  i'm an artist and i walk the walk:  i give away my music for free because there is no choice.  if i make money from my art it's because people pay to hear me play music live, or they pay to have a photographic print of my work.  these are things which cannot reasonably be copied, and thus they are worth something in the market.

in a free market society, if a business model is no longer viable, then it must be replaced with something new and not protected with oppressive laws.  a true musician gets on stage and sings into a microphone, and people line up and pay to see that musician.  these so-called "artists" who can't even play or sing, who lipsync their fake album on stage in front of thousands... that's not true art, it's a scam, and i refuse to pay for it.

even though i'm drunk as hell, i still stand by my words:  if something can be had for free without the labor of humans to produce it, i'm going to take it for free and feel no guilt. 

so that's what i think of downloading movies, music, and software:  if it's available for free, i will download it without guilt.  information wants to be free.

if you care about this, read this: http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Y)

Guest Guest_slea_*

having worked in the film industry i can tell you: there's nothing wrong with it. no-one is getting paid any less than they were before, and everyone is still being paid far too much to do far too little.

my government actually gives millions of dollars to people willing to film movies here.

Guest quasicartes
having worked in the film industry i can tell you: there's nothing wrong with it. no-one is getting paid any less than they were before, and everyone is still being paid far too much to do far too little.

my government actually gives millions of dollars to people willing to film movies here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where you from?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
downloading is wrong....i only get programs :whistle: :ninja:
im a very legal person...i go to the movies and i buy my movies....

Oh I see! So downloading movies is wrong but downloading programs is not? Good to know! Cause I was really confused there...see I figured it was pretty much the same crime: stealing. But it's good to know that one is okay and one isn't :)

• 3 weeks later...
I think its wrong...cuz we need to learn to respect all hard work of actors and all crew that worked that movie

Yea.. but if i buy a movie or pay for a ticket and the movie sucked then the crew got money they didn't deserve, thats why I download movies first and if i liked em i buy the dvds :) , though when I simply know the movie is going to be great (i.e. Sin City) I go to the cinema

• 3 weeks later...