Bellazon

House of the Dragon (2022)

Cult Icon

The story of King J, who is in the opening scene of Episode 1 is actually really involved.  However it is really the story of a 'good' king, it was possibly passed over because of that.  It remains to be seen if HBO will do a season on his rule.  Prior to his arc, the Aegon I and his children also form another arc and another potential season.  Or the two stories could be rolled into 1 fast-paced season? 

Jaehaerys I Targaryen - A Wiki of Ice and Fire (westeros.org)

In looking closer, it appears that Season 1 of HOD covers up to the beginning of Aegon II. 

So 

Spoiler

Aegon III is not covered, which is the final part of book 1 

20 photos from Episode 5.  Kind of gives a lot more away than the teaser.

4 pictures of the Strongs.  They wear a similar outfit, including the crippled guy, Larys.  He is supposed be a "Varys" type character.  Obviously the similarity in names is not an accident.

Viserys is the most interesting character. Also the best acting work, it's not easy to make a weak king truly compelling.

In general though I feel like the House of the Dragon cast is collectively much weaker than the Game of Thrones cast.

Admittedly Game of Thrones got very lucky with some unknowns who turned out to be good actors with great star power.

2 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

what's your favorite characters in this show?

Mine are Daemon, King V, and Princess R

Those 3, Otto, & Alicent

Alicent the character is about to pick up after she was lied to and saw that Rhaenyra would be a terrible Queen by their conversation. Civil War time the next episode and hopefully will get sone dragon fights in the next few episodes. I think there are 17 dragons.

30 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Those 3, Otto, & Alicent

Alicent the character is about to pick up after she was lied to and saw that Rhaenyra would be a terrible Queen by their conversation. Civil War time the next episode and hopefully will get sone dragon fights in the next few episodes. I think there are 17 dragons.

what do you mean about terrible Queen?  Which conversation?

The promo shows that there will be an albino looking teenaged Aegon II (her son, but the aged-up actress is still really young looking lol).  The new actress for R has a much deeper voice and could possibly be meaner.  I think we will see the relationship between these two women worsen until there is the Dance of the Dragons.  And now Sir Criston is on Alicent's side.

Daemon will continue to be interesting and I am personally most looking forward to meeting his badass nemesis and seeing how King V's story plays out.

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

what do you mean about terrible Queen?  Which conversation?

The promo shows that there will be an albino looking teenaged Aegon II (her son, but the aged-up actress is still really young looking lol).  The new actress for R has a much deeper voice and could possibly be meaner.  I think we will see the relationship between these two women worsen until there is the Dance of the Dragons.  And now Sir Criston is on Alicent's side.

Daemon will continue to be interesting and I am personally most looking forward to meeting his badass nemesis and seeing how King V's story plays out.

A terrible Queen based on her actions & dialogue, then the conversation after Alicent talks to her father about Rhaenyra lying. Lastly was Rhaenyra's & Alicent's conversation before the wedding and afterwards she dons the green dress.