Bellazon

News

Neo52285

Just heard on the news that Gisele does not want to be paid in American dollars anymore-- because of the value. Excuse me but who helped make you Rich! That just about does it for me. If you don't like it around here, don't come around. Plain and simple!

yeah

Gisele Bundchen must be getting paid mad cash for her Victoria’s Secret gig various endorsement deals. However, none of it is in U.S. dollars.

The Brazilian supermodel is insisting that all employers pay her in any currency except American.

Why? Cuz the dollar ain’t worth shit, she thinks.

And she may have a point!

The U.S dollar lost 34 percent of its value since 2001, and just last week the dollar fell 0.8 percent!

“Contracts starting now are more attractive in euros because we don’t know what will happen to the dollar,” says Patricia Bundchen, Gisele’s sister and manager

perez

Yes!!!!! Finally Gisele has reached that point in her career where she doesn't have to get out of bed for less than $10,000. Next she'll get her legs and butt insured. Where do these women get these ideas? Honestly i'm an idiot cause i don't know why she can't just convert U.S. $ into something else, even if the U.S. dollar has a lower value, she's making more than if she working an office job, ooooorrrr if she were a professional volleyball player, otherwise i think she should just stop working in America.

Here's the point, the US dollar's value is dropping (or at least that's what you guys are saying), and Gisele's manager (her sister) realizes that so she has everything Gisele works for turned into something else other than the U.S.D, as simple as it is. I'm not saying it's a nice thing to do but if it helps you a little richer then why the hell not ?!! You work your ass off just for your boss's happiness and the sake of your kind heart ?!!! Gimmeh a freakin' break, retards!!!!

And shoo-ing her out of this country is just beautifully retarded. Does Gisele's request for being paid in other currency suddenly make your house burn down ?!! If she isn't complaining about you using a China toothbrush then please feel free to shut the hell up on her personal self-control.

lol this person really hates her for not taking U.S dollars

Greedy Supermodel Gisele Bundchen

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

By Heather Nauert

Reason No. 853 to dislike supermodels: Not only are they vapid, self-important amazons, but it seems they are greedy, too.

Take the world's richest catwalker, Gisele Bundchen, perhaps best known for her Victoria's Secret work. She is worth an estimated $150 million and she's just 27 years old! According to Forbes, she raked in $33 million last year through fees and endorsements.

The Brazilian beauty has signed a contract with American company Procter & Gamble to endorse its Pantene line of hair care products. Here's the kicker: She is asking to be paid for her hard work in euros, not dollars.

According to Bloomberg, Gisele's sister and manager said that contracts are more attractive when they offer euros because the dollar's future is uncertain.

The dollar has declined 34 percent in the past 6 years and the euro is stronger. Economists predict that the dollar will continue to weaken. Smart move financially, say experts, but bad PR move, especially when she's working for an American company.

I'm all for people earning money, but here's what gets me: She is working for an American company selling an American product. She has at least one home in America (in New York). She is working here, yet she doesn't want to be paid in our currency.

Related

Gisele's agent told Bloomberg: "Gisele has contracts in dollars. When she works in Europe she gets paid in euros. When she works in the U.S. she gets paid in dollars."

So why doesn't Procter & Gamble insist that they pay her in dollars? Who knows. Maybe they don't want to risk losing her.

I know when I see the new hair care ads, I'll think about greedy Gisele, not how great Pantene makes her hair look.

I say P&G should dump Gisele and instead hire an American model who appreciates the Ohio-based company's business and is happy to take our currency. I'm sure an American model's hair is just as nice.

bjorkian, i wasn't talking to you. I was speaking in general.

-----

Thank you Sam and i bet with you the ho who wrote that piece is a typical typing-vagina in the 1800s, a.k.a idiot. VS is famous for launching supermodels' career and if Gisele can ditch VS, she can ditch P&G anyday. Who needs who ?!!

Actually though, i once overheard that Bruce Willis has spent alot of his time living in Ohio and if you look at his hair's style....not bad at all. I say he's perfect for Pantene. P&G should just forget about Gisele.

Thank you Sam and i bet with you the ho who wrote that piece is a typical typing-vagina in the 1800s, a.k.a idiot. VS is famous for launching supermodels' career and if Gisele can ditch VS, she can ditch P&G anyday. Who needs who ?!!

Actually though, i once overheard that Bruce Willis has spent alot of his time living in Ohio and if you look at his hair's style....not bad at all. I say he's perfect for Pantene. P&G should just forget about Gisele.

• 4 weeks later...