Bellazon

ShahRukh Khan
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Lover Boy, Shah Rukh Khan

King Khan was in his hometown Delhi and in a candid interview he talked about comparisons with Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan, his item number in Krazzy4 and playing lover boy again at 42.

CNN-IBN: Every time people talk about who is the number one actor in Bollywood your name comes up. You are constantly compared with either Aamir Khan or Amitabh Bachchan. Does so many comparisons bother you?

Shah Rukh Khan: There are two ways to look at it. One is that I don’t believe that whether it is Mr Bachchan or Aamir, who is a friend, that they believe in this number game. We all respect each other’s work. There is an old saying that only telephones have numbers, not movie stars. I have never really sat down and thought that X is number one and so on. There is no race, this is a creative field. So all this doesn’t bother me really.

CNN-IBN: In the film Krazzy4, Hrithik has also done an item number after you did one. Do you think you were better and was there a need for Hrithik to also do one?

Shah Rukh Khan: As far as I am concerned, I told them that at the end of the day Hrithik’s dance would be better and it is so. And it will always be because Hrithik is an awesome dancer and actor. So, there is no comparison at all.

CNN-IBN: In the film Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, we have heard that you are again playing lover boy at 42.

Shah Rukh Khan: I would clearly tell you that no, I am not playing just a lover boy at 42. It is a different kind of film and I hope people enjoy it.

CNN-IBN: You are wearing two watches, and I have seen you giving away watches on KBC. It just so happens that ‘mera time bhi bahut kharab chal raha hai to...’

Shah Rukh Khan: One is my own, which they (Tag Heur) gave me long time back and another one is being launched. So, I will tell the Tag Heur people to give you one. They are very big hearted and loving. (smiles)

• 2 weeks later...

SRK miffed with Roshan Family

When Shah Rukh agreed to do the Krazzy 4 song, producer Rakesh Roshan promised him that if Hrithik’s knee healed, and if he did shoot the same song, then it would only be part of the end credits of the film, and not be used to promote the film.

However, both the songs are now being aired on all channels. Dancing is Hrithik’s forte and pitching King Khan against him in a song is an unfair advantage to the former.

There are bound to be comparisons that aren’t favourable towards SRK, who did the song as a goodwill gesture.

Says a distributor, on the condition of anonymity, “There was an unspoken understanding between Shah Rukh and Roshan Sr that Hrithik’s dance number would only be seen in the film.

But the other song promos were not catching on and the film was looking thanda, so at the distributors’ insistence, he released Hrithik’s song for publicity.

Rakesh doesn’t like putting in dialogues or film scenes so the only other alternative was to use Hrithik’s number.”

The source adds, “SRK did the song in good faith helping out a friend as Hrithik’s knee was in bad shape but now he is probably feeling cheated. A similar thing happened to Shah Rukh even during Heyy Babyy.

Sajid Nadiadwala had promised the actor that they wouldn’t use his special appearance in the Mast Kalandar song to promote the film; but they did. It’s time SRK stopped doing favours to people because ultimately, it’s only about business here and making money.”

Shah Rukh stated that he hadn’t made any conditions about only using his song to promote the film. He said, “I don’t do conditional work for friends.” When asked if he was upset that Hrithik’s song was used to promote the film, he chose to remain silent.

Shah Rukh leaves no stone unturned for his team "Kolkata Knight Riders"

Actor Shah Rukh Khan is too busy making fancy his Kolkata Knight Riders. The Badshah, we hear, is leaving no stone unturned to promote and perk up the spirits of his team, Kolkata and win the nation's heart.

For this, the man with the marketing mind has already pumped in one crore for his first music video which will be choreographed by Ganesh Hegde. Talks are that Shah Rukh will make two more music videos and will record a total of five songs. And this will result in the most expensive music album of all time!

We hear that the actor will be roping in some Bong leading ladies to groove with him on a Bangla version, too. No one seems to be 'pitching' in as much as apna Shah Khan, who is putting together all the money, and all his clout to make this a larger-than-life venture. Hope his team 'performs' as well, specially after he lost his bowling spearhead,Shoaib Akhtar before the first ball was bowled!!!

We've heard that 'all that glitters'... saying, na?