Bellazon

ShahRukh Khan
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Aamir, Shah Rukh, Kareena win Filmfare awards

Superstar Aamir Khan on Saturday night won the Filmfare Best Director Award for Taare Zameen Par, which was also adjudged the best film, while Shah Rukh Khan (Chak De! India) and Kareena Kapoor (Jab We Met) won the awards for the Best Leading Actors in the male and female categories respectively.

The glittering 53rd Fair One Filmfare Awards ceremony at the Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai went on till the wee hours of Sunday. It was here attended by leading Bollywood celebrities.

The Critics' Award for Best Film went to Shimit Amin's Chak De! India. The film also won the Best Cinematography Award. In the Critics' Award series, Tabu was named the best actress for Cheeni Kum and child artist Darsheel Safari (Taare Zammen Par) was named the Best Actor.

Rishi Kapoor got a standing ovation as he won the Lifetime Achievement Award.

While the Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) went to Irrfan Khan for Life In A Metro, the Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female) award went to Konkana Sen Sharma for the same film.

AR Rahman bagged the award for best music in Guru and also for the best background score.

Smita Thackeray who is accompanied by David Dhawan, announces the next award for Best Male Singer.

While Shaan (Jabse Tere Naina from Saawariya) was named the best male singer, Shreya Ghoshal (Barso Re from Guru) was adjudged the best female singer.

The Best Lyrics Award was won by Prasoon Joshi (Ma from Taare Zameen Par).

The Best Story Award went to Amol Gupte for Taare Zameen Par, the award for the best screenplay went to Anurag Basu for Life In A Metro, and Imtiaz Ali was honoured for the best dialogue (Jab We Met).

Deepila Padukone of Om Shanti Om won the Fresh Face of the Year Award as well as the Best Female Debutante, while the Best Male Debutant Award went to Ranbir Kapoor (Saawariya).

Shah Rukh to play 'Spiderman' for son

Mumbai, (IANS) After getting six-pack abs to please his son, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has another dream for the boy. He wants to do an Indian version of the 'Spiderman' as a gift to Aryan who is a big FX and SRK fan.

And the director chosen to put together what is arguably the most expensive movie ever made in Bollywood is Anubhav Sinha. The superstar is gung ho about the project. The two are writing the script.

Though Sinha is not willing to reveal more details about SRK's 'superhero' project, the film will require a 12-year-old boy to co-star with the actor. At the moment, the hunt is on for the boy, who will get the opportunity to join Shah Rukh's fantasy of donning a cape and flying across the sky at supersonic speed.

The director, credited with action movies 'Dus' and 'Cash', is ready to take on the biggest challenge of his career.

'I'm surprised at how accessible Shah Rukh is for me. I always thought that he likes to work with directors with whom he has a certain comfort level. Shah Rukh didn't know me at all, but he's all for our film together,' Sinha told IANS.

The character that Shah Rukh will play is based on gizmos, computer games and a superhero on the lines of 'Spiderman'. The superstar is developing the character.

Whether he takes credit for the screenplay remains to be seen. At the moment, all systems are ready to start SRK's most expensive movie before the end of 2008.

A year ago, Shah Rukh said in an interview that he wanted his company to produce a mega FX film on the lines of 'Spiderman'.

'I want my company Red Chillies to become truly FX-savvy. Have you seen '300'? That's the kind of optical effects I want in our cinema,' SRK had said with characteristic gusto.

Talks between Sinha and Shah Rukh for the project, which will be made by his production house Red Chillies, have been on for nearly a year.

'But over the past three months, we've been talking very seriously about the project, thanks to a common friend (journalist Mustaq Sheikh). Yes, it's an FX-driven fantasy for children and the child within every person, on the lines of 'Spiderman'. It's definitely not an animation film, as wrongly reported in some sections of the press, ' Sinha said.

I want to cater to kids: Shah Rukh Khan

Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan, who is all set to make a children's film in the VFX medium, using computer-generated special effects, says he is overwhelmed by the response he gets from children and wants to cater to them.

"I love kids and I am overwhelmed by the response I get from children. Adults like me by chance," Shah Rukh Khan told IANS.

"I have maintained my love for kids since long and want to cater to them because they have the shortest attention span. I want to make a place in the hearts of the little ones and then I will automatically reach the families. As children handle the remote control these days, everyone has to watch what they like.

"Theatre director Barry John, my acting teacher at Delhi Theatre, used to say: 'if you can capture the interest of kids, you will be always successful' and I stick to that," he added.

Shah Rukh was recently in Berlin to promote Om Shanti Om and was interviewed by Hollywood trade magazine Variety. The magazine reported that the proposed children's film would be made at a budget of $25 million (Rs.1 billion), the highest budget in India.

But commenting here about the money to be spent on making the film, Shah Rukh said: "Media is speculating about the budget. We are still working on the script."

The actor, also the owner of the Kolkata team franchisee Red Chillies Entertainment, said through all these initiatives - investment in sports and VFX film - he wants to do something for the country which has given him so much.

"My dream is to invest money and bring better technology in our country that has given me money, love, respect... everything one can ask for! Not only cricket, we want to invest in all kind of games.

"I think if children are allowed to play all the time along with little bit of studies, 'creative' aggression would develop in them. It would prevent them from indulging in vices like smoking, drinking or drugs."

And when is the superstar planning to kick the butt!

"I have been trying to kick the butt since long. But it is very difficult to give up bad habits. And I can't be dishonest in saying I will quit smoking and then don't do it."

"However, I would appeal to children that they must not pick up this habit from me, as fans have a tendency to imitate their favourite stars. This is a bad habit and is injurious to health. They must never do it," he stressed.

King Khan is now set to host a television quiz show Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain and says the medium doesn't matter because he is an entertainer.

"I started my career with television and with time the small screen is becoming better. However, being a jester, my idea is to entertain by films, by stage shows... by all possible formats."

Hrithik, Shah Rukh turn item boys for Krazzy 4

Shah Rukh Khan is currently shooting for an item song for Rakesh Roshan's Krazzy 4 and Hrithik Roshan, who will feature in another version of the same number, says this proves that there is solidarity in Bollywood.

"While I'm doing this for my home production, Shah Rukh is going out of his way for us. It just shows how much solidarity actually exists in the industry," Hrithik said.

"Shah Rukh's version of the track will be a part of the film, my version will be used only for promotional purposes," Hrithik told IANS.

Hrithik, whose period romance Jodhaa Akbar is set to release Feb 15, cannot stop waxing about King Khan's gesture.

"Shah Rukh, whose association with my dad's banner goes back a long way to 'King Uncle' and Koyla, is being the portrait of graciousness," the Jodhaa-Akbar star said.

"In mid-February, when my knee is fully healed and I get back to doing what I am best - action and dancing - I'll be performing the same item song as Shah Rukh (is doing) for my dad's production," he said.

But why the double delight? Won't the fact that Shah Rukh and Hrithik are dancing to the same tune invite unnecessary comparisons between the two?

But Hrithik is sure such comparisons can be avoided.

"Though we are dancing to the same song composed by my uncle (Rajesh Roshan) and to the same choreographer Ahmed Khan's instructions, we'll bring our own body language and style into it. Besides, Shah Rukh doesn't need to dance. I do."

Sounding upbeat about his career's first item song, Hrithik said: "It's composed by my uncle and sung by Vishal (of Vishal-Shekhar). And it's the best dance track I've ever heard. I'm sure both Shah Rukh and I are going to have huge fun performing this item song."

Shah Rukh had earlier performed an item song for Karan Johar's Kaal with Malaika Arora Khan.