Bellazon

ShahRukh Khan
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Who are the big stars?

CBBC

Shah Rukh Khan - otherwise known as King Khan - is a HUGE Bollywood star.

He started out on TV in the 1980s, before finding fame on the big screen in movie Deewana in 1992.

Since then, he has won loads of awards and tried his hand at film producing.

He's also found success presenting game show Kaun Banega Crorepati - the Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire!

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

Often called the most beautiful woman in the world, Aishwarya is married to actor Abhishek Bachchan.

She has acted in over 40 films in Hindi, Tamil, Bengali and English.

Before becoming an actress, Aishwarya worked as a model, and won the Miss World contest in 1994.

Amitabh Bachchan

Sometimes called the Big B, Bachchan has been the king of Indian cinema for more than 30 years.

He is perhaps the world's biggest - and busiest - film star.

During his career he has worked as a singer, film producer, television presenter and politician.

Rani Mukherjee

"India's sweetheart" has loads of movie hits to her name.

But she's well known for her role in the film Black, in which she played a deaf-blind girl.

Her performance won her loads of film awards.

Rani, meaning queen in some languages, has also been called the queen of Bollywood.

Shilpa Shetty

Although glamorous actress Shilpa Shetty has lots of fans among Indian film goers, she's not quite as popular there as Aishwarya Rai or Rani Mukherjee.

Shilpa hit the headlines in the UK last year when she won Celebrity Big Brother.

She went on to star in Miss Bollywood, a stage show telling the story of a young girl called Maya and how she copes with fame.

'I always wanted to be a teacher'- SRK

He’s the reigning Badshah of Bollywood, so it’s difficult to imagine Shah Rukh Khan as being anything else but the glam superstar. Little wonder, then, that the actor’s revelation — “Agar main actor nahin hota, toh teacher hota” — comes as a surprise.

For SRK, who is all set to host the kids’ quiz show Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hai on television, has admitted that teaching has always been a secret passion with him. “The show allows me to fulfill my childhood dream,” reveals the actor who’s more of a moderator than a teacher on air. But then, this is the closest he can get to playing a mentor to kids, for now at least.

SRK’s pranks as a student himself, are legendary. “School was fun, I was very naughty, but I was very studious as well,” says the prankster, “I used to force my teachers to dance with me. I also remember blowing up something in the chemistry lab once.” He still retains his sense of mischief and the kid in him surfaces when the star is in his favourite role — that of doting dad to Suhana and Aryan. Kids need their parents to be both — responsible as well as friends they can trust and have fun with, believes SRK.

And it’s the confidence he has garnered as a parent that he hopes will help him face kids on his show now. Armed with this experience, the actor’s ready for the barrage of ‘childish’ questions he’s expecting. “I don’t find any question that a kid asks childish, and no childish questions are stupid. When my own children ask me questions, the answers are on the tip of my tongue, but I often can’t answer at that point of time. It’s not that I don’t know; it sometimes is hard to recollect at the right moment, you know,” says SRK.

Amitabh, Shah Rukh go Nuts!

If there are any differences, the two actors chose to keep it all behind them as they began to shoot for Ravi Chopra's Bhoothnath directed by Vivek Sharma.

The ambience on the sets was quite cordial and friendly, we hear! Apparently, there used to be a plate of peanuts doing the rounds on the sets, and Amitabh and Shah Rukh were quite addicted to these moongfalis, and always requested the man who took the plate around to hover around them.

"But Amitji and Shah Rukh always used to crib about how fattening peanuts are, but without fail used to empty plates and plates of peanuts," laughs director Sharma. So, never mind their cold war, we'll at least find the two actors bonding over a plate of nuts once in a while. Or do they fight over it?

SRK: The Badshah Roars !!!

28 Mar 2008

When we bumped into Shah Rukh recently at an event, without missing the golden opportunity that we had been blessed with, we asked the superstar as to what did he think about the constant comparisons between him and Rakhi Sawant as far as their item numbers in Krazzy 4 is concerned!

Khan’s reply to his comparison with Rakhi took everyone by surprise as the otherwise witty but well spoken actor bluntly replied, “I don’t believe in this cheap competition”! Everyone’s surprised faces must have made SRK realize the repercussions of his strong critical comment and as to cover up the goof up, Shah Rukh added, “I’ve always said that my competitors are better than me and as it is I don’t believe in competition! I am sure Hrithik will do more justice to the item song that I’ve done, him being a fabulous dancer and even Rakhi is known for her dancing! So frankly I don’t consider myself to be their competition!”

“Shah Rukh never looks down upon his co-stars! This time around he replied curtly to the question about his comparison with Rakhi only because he is not an item boy material the way he is made to look like. He is an actor and did the Krazzy 4 song only because Rakesh Roshan requested him to do so! He definitely does not consider himself in the league of Rakhi’s and that is what made him a little furious” said a close friend of SRK!

We have already seen SRK and Rakhi grooving to the music of Krazzy 4 and Hrithik has already impressed all, with his version of ‘Breakfree’, (the same track as SRK’s) with different choreography of course!

We spoke to Jaideep Sen, the director of Krazzy 4 and he said, “It was a delight to direct SRK and I must say the song is getting popular day by day. Hrithik's song is on the same tune but there is a slight change in lyrics. He has danced brilliantly as usual and it shows! I am very lucky that two mega stars have danced to my title song for my debut film!”

When we asked the filmmaker about the SRK v/s Rakhi war, he replied, “Rakhi Sawant's song is for the masses as she has a certain amount of class which appeals to a certain target audience as she is famous through her item songs. It was a great working experience with her as well!"

Only April 11th will help us decide which is the best ‘item’ of the three is as that is the day when Krazzy 4 will hit the theatres!

Shah Rukh says he will be back to basics if cricket fails

Bollywood badshah Shah Rukh Khan, who owns an IPL cricket team, will give a year's time to the new venture and if it doesn't work for him, he will be back to films full time.

"If it's not a winning business at this point in time.. I won't be able to survive unlike other corporates in this business... So if it doesn't work for one year, then I'm back to basics... I'll be doing my films again," he said.

Khan, who has named his cricket team Kolkata Knight Riders, hoped that kids, who were his team's fans now, remained so even ten years later.

"I hope that kids who are 12-year-old now and are Kolkata Knight Riders' fans (remain so) when they are 22. So, the whole idea is a long dream and I hope it gets fulfilled," he told NDTV on the sidelines of a function in Delhi on Saturday.

Shah Rukh wins Best Actor Award

31 Mar 2008

Last year's runaway hit "Chak De India" dominated the Producers Guild Awards with the movie on women's hockey bagging five honours, including those for Best Actor, Best Director and Best Film.

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who played belligerent coach Kabir Khan in the film, walked away with the Best Actor award while Shimit Amin was adjudged the Best Director.

Writer of "Chak De India" Jaideep Sahni received the Best Screenplay and Best Story awards at an award function here on Sunday.

Young filmmaker Imtiaz Ali's romantic comedy "Jab We Met" received three awards, including one for Kareena Kapoor in the Best Actor category and music composer Pritam. Ali won the Best Dialogue award.

Konkona Sen Sharma and Irrfan Khan won awards in the Best Supporting Actor category for their performances in "Life in a Metro".

Aamir Khan's directorial debut "Taare Zameen Par", which swept the Filmfare Awards, was conspicuous by its absence as it released after November 2007 deadline for the nominations.

Singers Shreya Ghosal and Shaan won awards for their song in "Guru" and "Saawariya" respectively. Veteran Lyricist Gulzar won the Best Lyrics award for "Guru".

Veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra was felicitated for his contribution to Indian cinema.

Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone won honours for their debut performances. Salman Khan and Govinda won the award for Best Jodi for their work in "Partner".

Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif received special awards after being voted as style icons by Pakistani audiences in an award announced by a Pakistani media house.

Yash Chopra, Shah Rukh, Kareena win top 'Apsara' trophies

Film and Television Producers' Guild of India (FTPGI) honoured veteran Bollywood filmmaker Yash Chopra with its top award for 'outstanding contribution to Indian Cinema'.

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan received the best actor award for his performance in the Yash Raj Films' super hit film 'Chak De! India'.

Kareena Kapoor walked away with the best actress trophy for her comic portrayal of a young Sikh girl in 'Jab We Met' at a glittering presentation ceremony at the MMRDA Ground in the Bandra-Kurla Complex in northwest Mumbai Sunday.

FTPGI hosts its own award ceremony to honour Indian artistes as well as creative and technical personalities from the film industry every year.

The trophies are known as 'Apsara' awards.

While 'Chak De! India' was chosen the best movie of 2007, its director Shimit Amin bagged the trophy for the best director.

A Pakistani television channel, ARY Gold, also honoured actor Hrithik Roshan as the Best Male Style Icon of the year at the ceremony.

The star, however, could not make it to the ceremony. His father, filmmaker Rakesh Roshan, received the trophy on his behalf. Katrina Kaif bagged the Best Female Style Icon ARY Gold trophy.

Akshay Kumar, who churned out the maximum number of hits last year, was adjudged the 'Entertainer of the Year' by the FTPGI jury.

NDTV Imagine honoured Deepika Pudokone and Ranbir Kapoor as the year's best new faces, respectively.

Salman Khan and Govinda received the hit pair NDTV Imagine trophy for their breezy performances in producer Sohail Khan's hit movie last year, 'Partner'.

Salman Khan, Bipasha Basu, Kareena and Riteish Deshmukh performed on the stage and livened up the well-attended awards presentation ceremony put together by Wizcraft.