Bellazon

ShahRukh Khan
Thumbnail

Rani_7

He’s my dost Khan - SRK

Shah Rukh Khan is extremely busy with his cricket matches, and as seen earlier his presence does make a difference to his team.

But while he is backing his army in full force on the cricket field, SRK isn’t shirking from his duties as an actor and producer.

The very busy man, reported to a studio to dub for Bhoothnath at midnight. Director Vivek Sharma tells us, “I really needed Shah Rukh to dub for the film.

When I requested him to come for dubbing on a particular day, he was there at midnight and dubbed till early morning, so that my schedule didn’t go haywire. He’s my dost Khan!” Kudos to Khan’s energy, enthusiasm and professionalism.

Not up to the standard - King Khan

No one, not even Shah Rukh Khan, stands above Television Rating Points (TRP) in the television industry. And SRK too stands humbled today.

The omnipotent TRPs for the opening of Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain? are in. And they are hugely less than the opening TRPs of Kaun Banega Crorepati 2, SRK's game show that aired last year.

Shah Rukh's Kaun Banega Crorepati 2, in 2007, opened with a TRP rating of 12.33 (TAM ratings). Cut to 2008, he has managed a rating of 4.61 (TAM ratings) with Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain?

What could be the reason for a dip, where he managed less than half the TRP of his earlier outing on TV? It certainly wasn't due to lack of publicity. Audiences couldn't possibly forget to switch on their television sets, after being bombarded by Paanchvi Paas ads everywhere and all the time.

Everything else about the show was also hunky dory. Smart and spunky kids were hand-picked to compete on the show. It's hosted by none other than Shah Rukh Khan.

But the scenario has obviously changed in the last one year. With the fragmentation of viewership and launching of several new channels, it has become a tough task for channels to keep the audiences glued to a particular show.

Shah Rukh can probably blame himself too, for over-exposing himself at IPL matches.

The audiences have seen a lot of him, anyway. Here a Khan, there a Khan, everywhere a Khan Khan. So, what's another game show?

The channel, of course, refuses to see that anything is amiss. Says Prem Kamath, Star India VP marketing and communication, “The response of the show has been extremely good, The TRP ratings are 4.7 on the first day which is ahead of IPL. There has been 142 per cent growth in the slot ratings.

We have received an overwhelmingly positive response from everywhere. The format is fun and spontaneous which has been well accepted by the people.”

Compared to IPL ratings, where the TRPs vary from 4.5 to 5.5, yes Paanchvi Paas, at 4.61, is good. But SRK has obviously not been able to outdo records set by himself.

I love winning, says Shah Rukh Khan

After defeating Hyderabad's Deccan Chargers Sunday at the Eden Gardens, the Kolkata Knight Riders and team owner Shah Rukh Khan were at the peak of their confidence about winning the Indian Premier League (IPL).

"I love winning - whether it's IPL matches or films or a game of carom with my kids or the entire world. I believe my victory is God's assurance that I really worked hard," the superstar said.

"We are the toughest competition for the other seven teams. Why one team at a time-put all the seven teams on one side and see how the Knight Riders battle it out against them," Shah Rukh told IANS on the sidelines of a press conference after Sunday's match.

Does he not get nervous while his Knights are in action?

"Kolkata Knight Riders is my dream personified. I always wanted to be a cricketer. Now it's through my team that I am fulfilling my dream. I am possessive about my team. When my boys are playing I am worried throughout about their comfort. It's like seeing Aryan (son) take part in a race and praying that he wins unhurt."

Did he spend Rs. 2 billion on the team just to fulfil his dream, or has he already started calculating his profits?

"Do I look so intelligent as to count my profit instead of shouting and cheering for my team?" he said with a smile.

"The team is divided into three sections - the cricket part is looked after by my Knights, I look after the entertainment section and my business partner Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta look after the administrative part. The latter will be the right people to comment on the profit."

How was the experience of playing the first match at Eden Gardens?

"It's fantastic. Only Kolkatans can feel the true spirit of cricket. It's their overwhelming support that no tough pitch and power failure could come in the way of the victory of the Knight Riders."

What is beyond the team motto - Korbo, Lorbo, Jeetbo (Do, Fight, Win)?

"The Kolkata Knight Riders are here to teach the world how to believe and win a dream that no one else dares to do. Discipline, dedication and dignity are the three powers that are combined at every stroke of our bat and every throw of our ball," he said.