Bellazon

Iker Casillas
Thumbnail

Rani_7

I think that after this pressure, Sara and Iker not last long together

What presure?? there is no presure, they look prefectly happy. Do they have to be al over eachother kissing and maiking out al the time?? when two adoults move in togehter you dont have the same need to hold hands and be al over eachother, you live togheter, you go to bed togehter, you wake up togehter and you are allways togheter...they are fine :D:D:D unless u have reliebul sources, not another forum saying Iker and sara should break up...a reliebul source that gives proff for the matter. Al i see is a perfectly happy couple enjoying some sort of concert, like two adoults. :D

I personally do not see the happy couple, the only thing I saw this Iker who expressed emotion and discontented face Sara, show me at least one photo from a concert where you can see that they are a happy couple

I too consider that don't look happy ((((

What presure?? there is no presure, they look prefectly happy. Do they have to be al over eachother kissing and maiking out al the time?? when two adoults move in togehter you dont have the same need to hold hands and be al over eachother, you live togheter, you go to bed togehter, you wake up togehter and you are allways togheter...they are fine :D:D:D unless u have reliebul sources, not another forum saying Iker and sara should break up...a reliebul source that gives proff for the matter. Al i see is a perfectly happy couple enjoying some sort of concert, like two adoults. :D

I personally do not see the happy couple, the only thing I saw this Iker who expressed emotion and discontented face Sara, show me at least one photo from a concert where you can see that they are a happy couple

Again, a adoult couple have no need to allways smile, cuddle and be al over eachother, they look happy to me, they are enjoying the concert talking and just being there togheter, just because you are dating does not mean you have to be happy al the time and kiss and make out al the time. They look perfectly normal for a couple that have moved in togehter. And for those who dont know i can inform that when you go to bed togehter every night, wake up togehter and spend so much time togehter, it is ok to spend a night just being casuall without being al over eachother. Give me one artical that comes out, that is acctualy something that can be called a proper source that tells you of a couple in crisis that has come out lately. Al i have reed and seen is a adoult couple celebrating their first aniversery happy, smiling, celebrating Saras birthday again happy, walking down and up the streets off mosteles being togeteher and articals about their happiness. I have not seen one artical that profs anything that you are saying about some presure. They are spending a casual night out in a concert, being togheter, enjoying it.

Again, a adoult couple have no need to allways smile, cuddle and be al over eachother, they look happy to me, they are enjoying the concert talking and just being there togheter, just because you are dating does not mean you have to be happy al the time and kiss and make out al the time. They look perfectly normal for a couple that have moved in togehter. And for those who dont know i can inform that when you go to bed togehter every night, wake up togehter and spend so much time togehter, it is ok to spend a night just being casuall without being al over eachother. Give me one artical that comes out, that is acctualy something that can be called a proper source that tells you of a couple in crisis that has come out lately. Al i have reed and seen is a adoult couple celebrating their first aniversery happy, smiling, celebrating Saras birthday again happy, walking down and up the streets off mosteles being togeteher and articals about their happiness. I have not seen one artical that profs anything that you are saying about some presure. They are spending a casual night out in a concert, being togheter, enjoying it.

not who does not speak about the crisis, they have one likes, the other allows himself to love

Iker at Elle España

by unamadridista

Iker’s featured in Elle España’s December issue, and they made him look like an old-time movie star. I love the first picture, but not so much the others where his hair is slicked down. And once again, I have to say, he looks so much better when others dress him!

He’s become an idol without losing his charm. The captain of Spain and the face of Philips’ new razor talks about the best year of his life.

It’s said that tough guys don’t dance and don’t cry. But that’s a lie. They cry, and a lot, and they kiss their girl when they want to. A tough guy isn’t born like that, he becomes like that, “because there is no other way” Iker clears up, through glorious nights, from being capable of staying calm when the rest of the world is about to have a heart attack, from setting their jaw when things don’t go right and of giving the world their best smile when there’s something to celebrate.

In May 2002, Real Madrid played in the final of the Champions League. It was the most important game in some time and their goalkeeper got injured. The back-up goalkeeper, who was 21 years old, had to come to the rescue, and in 15 minutes he made four heroic saves that we know now – we didn’t back then – only he was capable of. And he cried inconsolably because his mother hadn’t come to Glasgow to watch him. And it broke our hearts. The same occurred in this past World Cup, when he felt that this dream he had when he was playing on the patio of his school was about to come true and he fell to his knees, without even waiting for the game to end. Yes, tough guys cry and that’s when we like them even more, because if they don’t do that, we would never know how much it takes to be one of them. They’re always concentrating, always absorbing the pressure without anyone noticing. That’s what goalkeepers have to be like – they don’t run, they don’t go crazy and they don’t celebrate the goals with their teammates. They’re alone… “and you have a lot of time to screw up your head,” Iker confesses. Where was Casillas while everyone else was launching themselves on top of Iniesta? Alone, not hugging anyone and with no one to hug. You probably didn’t even realize he was on the other end of the field. “Well, after a bit Busquets came over and we celebrated together.”

Generous and grateful, he says that life has been more than fair to him, and he smiles with infinite patience at those around him, especially two girls who have come to the session. Without the beard that we grew accustomed to, he appears like the kid he was when he started. He explains that his new look is due to Philips and their SensoTouch 3D razor.

“I know that when I shave, I take years off. I’m not superstitious at all, but during the World Cup, I shaved after losing the first game to Switzerland. There are different opinions, and I’m not sure if I look better with it or without it,” he says while he looks for a can of soft drink.

Does being a world champion make you into a different person?

It’s surprising, but it doesn’t change you. All that we lived through, knowing that we achieved something so important, that we made so many people happy, is something that I’ll never forget. Although it doesn’t change you. We are all still the same, although we’ll always have this marvelous experience to look back on.

What do you think you’ll remember about those days when you look back in 20 years?

I hope that I won’t forget anything, and it’s a pity to think that some details will be forgotten. But I know that the grand feelings will always stay with me, like the arrival in Madrid. What we found there will be impossible to forget. Several months have passed by, and I still remember every instant, including what I was thinking when I was raising the Cup.

Tell us the secret…

When we won the Eurocopa two years ago, I thought about the bad luck that Spanish football had always had, and all the times in which we were eliminated. However, with the World Cup, I thought more about me, in all that I’ve lived through to get to this moment, the bad times, how I dreamed about this when I was eight years old. Lots of memories came into my head.

For the majority of the people, dreams are just dreams. But yours came true. What’s next? How do you find new ones?

It’s impossible not to have dreams, because you’ll always have at least one left to chase. I dreamed of winning the Eurocopa, and it came true, and after that, I had another, which was to win the World Cup, and that one also came true. Do you know what my next dream is? To win another Eurocopa, and after that, another World Cup. I will never get tired of dreaming.

Who does Saint Iker pray to during difficult moments?

I never pray. Destiny will put you in certain situations but in the end you’re the one that has to respond in that moment. Everything depends on you.

Do you feel like you’ve lost a lot of things on the road to where you are now?

People only see footballers wearing expensive watches, driving expensive cars and living in mansions. They don’t see all the effort that we make to get us to where we are. My parents earned 120,000 pesetas [the equivalent of €720] a month between them and they had to buy gloves, boots, pick me up and drop me off… Before I had a sports car, I went to the training sessions in my father’s Seat 124 and we lived in a house of 60 square meters. I’ve gotten here, but imagine how many didn’t make it. The majority of the kids who worked as hard as me and whose parents gave everything like mine didn’t make it as footballers.

It’s said that goalkeepers are crazy, that they’re loners and unsociable…

I’m not unsociable, everyone who knows me says I’m very affectionate. But I am very independent, I usually do my own thing and I’ve always been strong mentally. I don’t talk a lot, I listen a lot, I observe and after that I form my own opinion. I like to see how people breathe, not what they say or what they do, but how they breathe. It gives you a lot of information about people.

Many kids don’t want to play inside the goal. How did you end up as one?

Because my father didn’t want to play as goalkeeper either, so it ended up being me. But I had an advantage: in school, when we had to choose teams, I was always picked first, because that way there would be someone in goal.

Does being the captain of the national team and Real Madrid make you feel like the older brother?

Yes, I see myself a bit like that. When someone has something on their mind, it’s me that they tell it to, and if there’s a problem, it’s up to me to solve it. I’m like the thinking head of all 24 of them. I have to be more serious and responsible. Although I’m not bossy at all, sometimes on the field I have to raise my voice, but off the field I’ve never done that and I never will.

Favorite moments

My three favorite songs are “Stars” by Roxette, “Escapar” by Eva Amaral and Moby, and “La madre de José” from El Canto del Loco, because it has a lot of energy and it puts me in a good mood.

I love movies that talk about the future and science fiction. I’ve always liked dreaming and imagining what’s out there, in space, if we’re alone…

I get excited when mothers tell me that because of me they’ve given their sons my name. When I was young, I was the only Iker in Móstoles, and now there are a lot. My mother was the first.

I’m addicted to my Blackberry [oh really?], although at times I would like to leave it behind and not pay so much attention to it for a while.

My six moments of the World Cup are the first day of the training camp, when we all met. The game we lost to Switzerland, because it gave us the strength to continue. The night against Honduras, because we felt like contenders once more. The suffering against Paraguay…. what a night! And the final. And the best out of everything: the arrival in Madrid. Impressive.