Bellazon

The Next Supermodels.

Strawberry BigMac

Commercial modeling not like a high fashion model so Ale still have time,she is exactly follow the same path which heidi follows.She still can be on the top 5 more years and after this year I m pretty sure she ll be a commercail supermodel like heidi and tyra.....

I don't think Caroline T will become like doutzen anymore because she is not appearing any men mags.On the otherhand doutzen right on track but I don't think she ll reach the Gisele's level.And as long as Gisele is around I don't think anyone can replace her.She is number 1

I agree that Gisele will not be here for too long...she has already said she wants a real life, a family and kids, and live in Brasil, so I think as soon as she finds someone to fill all these things, she will leave the modeling (damn sad, but I love her for this even more)

and agree that no one can replace her, she was like an atomb bomb for fashion world, "the one" :)

^^ SO true. Gisele is even more of an icon to me than most of the Supermodels from the early days. Cindy, Linda, Christy and Claudia all had the advantage of being part of an ERA of Supermodels. sure, they were absolutely amazing and worked their asses off, but Gisele has done more than any of them and had to do it at a time when models were nothing but nameless faces. i exclude Naomi from the earlier list, because SHE is an ultimate fashion icon to me. she exploded into the world, grabbed the press by the balls, and hasn't stopped yet. it's been 20 YEARS! that's an icon. and Kate as well, for her ability to possess the utmost air of "cool" and for the fact that she's been at the very top since she started, and has never compromised her "haute couture" sensibility.

so, there you have it. the 3 true modelling ICONS (*to me, at least*):

Naomi

Kate

Gisele

i exclude Naomi from the earlier list, because SHE is an ultimate fashion icon to me. she exploded into the world, grabbed the press by the balls, and hasn't stopped yet.

"Hasn't stopped yet," as in hasn't stopped throwing cell phones at people yet? Because that's the only reason the public knows she still exists.

Naomi is the supermodel but she never did editorial work as much as the other supers like cindy,christy,linda e...her strongest area is runways.....

Kate is worldwide famous because of her scandals and never appeals the men like Gisele does.....Gisele famous because of her work not play the leo card because almost every supermodel dated with celebrity.

And Tyra how in the world that you can put her the same level as those high fashion giants.Tyra never been on the high fashion as you mentioned.What several years you are talking about?.How many Vogue covers she has got?,how many campaigns she get?.Even heidi has got more vogue covers than her.At the begining at her career she did some work and than she claimed Naomi banned her on everything :rolleyes: and moved to the commercial modeling which is great we all like her as a victoria's secret bombshell.

For me, these are the ultimate supermodels:

Gisele

Naomi

Kate

Cindy

Gisele is like a goddes, even in MY country people DO recognize her, and that´s really SOMETHING, trust me. She´s a queen, but I don´t think she will remain in fashion industry as long as Naomi, because she has already said she wants a normal life with kids and family. But no matter what will happen, she´ll always remain "the one" that has changed the fashion industry....the one that has brought a feminine back.

Naomi, she´s a legend, but I have to admit her scandals helped her a lot to be world-famous (when I mention Naomi, everyone is like "oh, that´s that agressive model, isn´t it??) but still, she´s a BIG someone to the whole fashion world.

Kate - a neverending inspiration, again, her cocain scandals helped her a lot in beeing famous, and dating with Johnny Depp too...but she´s ultimate and gorgeous because she remains a great model still...still doing campaigns, photoshoots,ads...it´s cool because she isn´t that classicaly beautiful ( I myself think she´s not pretty at all) but she´s so DAMN great model I can´t even say...again, SPECIAL, exceptional.

Cindy - she was big when I was small :laugh: I was very young...and she´s the one I can remember the most from all those supermodels. She has played in movies, made great amount of campaigns and all the stuff, has had a kids, and still remains a fashion beauty icon. When I say Cindy Crawford, people are like "oh, she was SO beautiful, flawless"

Straw, I thought you knew better about the fashion but I guess I was wrong... :laugh: Gisele is famous for ending an anorectic era of models and bringin sexy back ;)

She has received the "Model of the Year" award and has been named "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" by Rolling Stone and the "perfect body in the world" by The Sunday Times.

Gisele made her first international fashion show for british designer Alexander McQueen, who once named her as "The Body".

Her curvaceous figure prompted Vogue magazine to refer to her body of work as the "return of the sexy model", since she seems to have marked the end of a trend of "waif" models such as Kate Moss.

Gisele was the fourth model in the history to grace the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, in 2000, with the tittle "The most beautiful girl in the world".

taken from http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1014528/bio

anyway, this is really not a topic about todays supermodels...but future ones :D Is there any other model than Doutzen who you think is gonna be "the next big thing"?

yep, too young and TOOOOOO skinny.

the one thing in common between all the "Supers" is that there has been some sort of reason for international publicity about them. (*Gisele dating Leo, Naomi with her Diva rage, Kate dating Johnny and the cocaine scandal, Cindy dating Richard Gere and marrying that country singer, Tyra doing movies and tv shows, Heidi guest starring on tv shows and in movies, etc*). for any of these new girls to register in a REAL way beyond the fashion world, they've gotta branch off somehow.

KK is doing some movie now. it probably won't be a big hit, but at least some people will see it and it will put her name out there more. the VS angels are in People's 50 Most Beautiful issue, so that will bring some recognition (Karolina was already in it, by herself a few years ago).

Sadly, it seems like Ale and KK are both already in committed relationships with people the press don't care about, so they can't use THAT as their means to stardom. they'll have to work hard to land hosting jobs or guest roles on movies/tv shows/music videos, etc.

Doutzen is the hotness. she'll definitely make it superbig if she promotes herself right.

*AND just to settle it, Naomi has been in COUNTLESS editorials and advertisements. it's actually absurd the amount of photographs that have been taken of the woman. ALSO, she's been on more covers than ANY other black celebrity. yes, that includes Michael Jordan, Iman, Oprah, Whitney, anyone! so, to say the only reason why anyone knows her is because of her cell phone tyrades, is ridiculous!*

to say the only reason why anyone knows her is because of her cell phone tyrades, is ridiculous!*

I agree with almost everything you said before this, but maybe you should read my post better next time, since I never said that's the only reason people know her. I said that's the only reason people still know she's out there. And I stand by that. She could be in a billion more photo shoots and the general public wouldn't care in the slightest.

well that's purely a matter of opinion then. no point in arguing any further.

by the way, is that Marisa Miller in your avatar?? holy flyin goodness, she's smokin hot! i really am not a fan of Marisa, but every once in a while i'll see a pic or a gif. that will make my eyes pop out she's so ridiculously hot. then, the moment passes.

im really surpised marissa hasn't not gotten bigger then she is. Honestly i thought every guy with a penis would be googling her pics. But i think her face is to "un-usual" for most people but i love it and her body is amazing except the giant water balloons..

Considering how well she does in public attractiveness polls, it seems there are way more people who know her than you would think--not that I don't wish she would do more. :( And I never thought her face was unusual. She's hot because she's the epitamy of the sort of not-so-unusual California girl type.