Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

I haven't posted in a while but I just wanted to say I am sooo delighted Candice got the Fantasy Bra this year! She is the best model VS has. I love all the Brazilian girls but whenever there is a commercial or show my eyes automatically fix on Candice. She has the total package. Ethereal beauty (her face is like a classic movie star/goddess), the best body in the business, and professionalism as a model (no diva like behavior). Since she shot her first campaign in 2009 there has been no other model who has worked as hard for the brand. How many store openings and VS events has she done? Yes, VS clearly prefers her but she also does the work for them quietly and unceremoniously. She has always been gracious to her fans. And what I like most about her is that she leads a relatively modest life outside of her work. She's not canoodling with celebrities at A-list parties. We rarely see her at red carpet events unless it's for charity. And she still stays with her boyfriend she had before getting famous. All this points to a very down-to-earth girl in my books.

I don't use the word "hater" very often because everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the people who criticize her or slam her for getting the FB are simply that....haters. She is a standout model and a true beauty. Can't wait to see her in the show! 

Well said, woman  :yes:

Those are the things that make her a real inspiration and even more beautiful than she naturally is. 

And let me just add that... You said you like the brazilian girls, but Candice is half brazilian now, so you're still into brazilians :p (which is a good thing for me, personally lol)

I haven't posted in a while but I just wanted to say I am sooo delighted Candice got the Fantasy Bra this year! She is the best model VS has. I love all the Brazilian girls but whenever there is a commercial or show my eyes automatically fix on Candice. She has the total package. Ethereal beauty (her face is like a classic movie star/goddess), the best body in the business, and professionalism as a model (no diva like behavior). Since she shot her first campaign in 2009 there has been no other model who has worked as hard for the brand. How many store openings and VS events has she done? Yes, VS clearly prefers her but she also does the work for them quietly and unceremoniously. She has always been gracious to her fans. And what I like most about her is that she leads a relatively modest life outside of her work. She's not canoodling with celebrities at A-list parties. We rarely see her at red carpet events unless it's for charity. And she still stays with her boyfriend she had before getting famous. All this points to a very down-to-earth girl in my books.

I don't use the word "hater" very often because everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the people who criticize her or slam her for getting the FB are simply that....haters. She is a standout model and a true beauty. Can't wait to see her in the show! 

Amen sista....preach it!!!!!  :ddr:

Yes but Adriana as a forum to her, so many more things, a discussion topic, a topic for videos , a topic for candid .... :hehe:

But isn't that all the same...? If Adriana had only one thread all her topics would be commented in there, now it's just spread around, so you don't talk about candids in editorial thread and so on...

Anyway, great to hear that Candice will open the show! :) Hope it will be more energetic that in 2011.

Yes but Adriana as a forum to her, so many more things, a discussion topic, a topic for videos , a topic for candid .... :hehe:

But isn't that all the same...? If Adriana had only one thread all her topics would be commented in there, now it's just spread around, so you don't talk about candids in editorial thread and so on...

Anyway, great to hear that Candice will open the show! :) Hope it will be more energetic that in 2011.

The views per topic are all likely different and viewing one topic counts as viewing the whole.

Additionally, how long has Adriana's been up compared to Candice's?

The views per topic are all likely different and viewing one topic counts as viewing the whole.

The views per topic are different, but I still think it doesn't really matter if Adriana has a whole forum compared to only one thread. You are just limited to discussing one theme in one thread, and here we comment on every part of Candice's career and life... But, yeah Adriana's forum was opened in 2005 and Candice's in 2006, and Adriana was popular even before so she does have the advantage.

I hate that they are always compared and pitted against each other, I like both of them and it's really annoying when people are doing that. They are both great models.

I hate that they are always compared and pitted against each other, I like both of them and it's really annoying when people are doing that. They both have great careers and both are great models...

OMG thank you! I recently started following Candice's work but have been hesitant to start posting here lately due to the whole replica FB fiasco. I'm a huge Adriana fan but I am also starting to adore Candy. I think she's wonderful and has great personality but she has some of the same type of fans as Adriana . Idk how this Adriana/Candice fan rivalry came about. I hear many speculate that Adriana and Candice hate each other but that's obviously not the case since Adriana says she has a close relationship with Candice when it comes to VS. Maybe after the fashion show airs on tv, things will calm down and I won't see anymore darts being thrown at a certain person's face.

The views per topic are different, but I still think it doesn't really matter if Adriana has a whole forum compared to only one thread. You are just limited to discussing one theme in one thread, and here we comment on every part of Candice's career and life... But, yeah Adriana's forum was opened in 2005 and Candice's in 2006, and Adriana was popular even before so she does have the advantage.

I hate that they are always compared and pitted against each other, I like both of them and it's really annoying when people are doing that. They are both great models.

Candice may be my favorite, but I love Adriana as well and consider myself an admirer.  She is an all time great and is still unbelievably beautiful.   

The main point of contention for Candice supporters is that this in now clearly her era and a passing of the torch is occurring.  Adriana's hardcore fans are resisting this and posting some of the nastiest things imaginable about Candice.

I hate that they are always compared and pitted against each other, I like both of them and it's really annoying when people are doing that. They both have great careers and both are great models...

OMG thank you! I recently started following Candice's work but have been hesitant to start posting here lately due to the whole replica FB fiasco. I'm a huge Adriana fan but I am also starting to adore Candy. I think she's wonderful and has great personality but she has some of the same type of fans as Adriana . Idk how this Adriana/Candice fan rivalry came about. I hear many speculate that Adriana and Candice hate each other but that's obviously not the case since Adriana says she has a close relationship with Candice when it comes to VS. Maybe after the fashion show airs on tv, things will calm down and I won't see anymore darts being thrown at a certain person's face.

Its nice to hear from Adriana supporters on the Candice thread, but you must look to Adriana's own fanbase before lobbing any bombs in the direction of Candice fans.  They are attacking Candice in some of the most reprehensible ways.

I also admire Adriana and even Candice says Adriana is an amazing model. We've seen some pictures of them together in moments they were not working, therefore they didn't need to be nice or pretend they like each other. They are obviously not like Candice and Rosie or Candice and Behati, but they do like and respect each other. But I have to agree with TexasLongHorn2013 because some Adriana fans are so mean, almost like they are feeling personally attacked by the fact the Candice is becoming the main model of VS. They posted about her thread being more popular than Bar's and suddenly Adriana subjects comes out of nowhere again. Not necessary, we are not in a competition. You're competing with yourselves alone. Just a reminder of something I've said before.

Its nice to hear from Adriana supporters on the Candice thread, but you must look to Adriana's own fanbase before lobbing any bombs in the direction of Candice fans.  They are attacking Candice in some of the most reprehensible ways.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

It's best to just shake my head and keep my mouth closed on this topic.

This is to Candice, who may very well read this:

Fiquei sem palavras pra te ver! O Brasil tem muito orgulho de você e acho que é tão fabuloso que você tem tanta paixão pelo nosso país. Foi uma pena que não poderia falar por mais tempo, mas moro no East Village também (E. 12 perto de Union Square), e absolutamente adoraria ir a um café algum dia na segunda avenida para falar sobre nossos lugares favoritos no Brasil. Há muita beleza neste país e eu concordo totalmente com você que os melhores lugares são os remotos. Se você tem algum tempo livre, mesmo que seja 15 minutos e gostaria de conversar comigo, por favor, fale comigo! Sou um estudante aqui em NY e sempre tenho tempo livre. As pessoas vão me chamar de louco para fazer isso, mas meu número é 602-502-3887 e email [email protected]

No offence intended at all, but why on earth would you put not only your phone number and email, but your ADRESS on the internet for everyone to see!?  :huh:

It doesn't matter, I live in NYC, this ain't the suburbs. East 12th St. near Union Square is very vague, and even if you knew my building it wouldn't matter because it is guarded with a doorman and security. Celebs who live in NYC have their addresses out everywhere.

As per Bellazon rules and PinkCouture's request, I will translate the post. This message was intended for Candice btw.

I was speechless to see you! Brazil is very proud of you and think it's so fabulous that you have so much passion for our country. It was a shame we could not talk longer, but I also live in the East Village (12 E. near Union Square), and would absolutely love to go to a cafe sometime near second avenue to talk about our favorite places in Brazil. There is much beauty in this country and I totally agree with you that the best places are the remote ones. If you have some free time, even if it is 15 minutes and would like to talk to me, please tell me! I am a student here in NY and I can always manage to have down time. People will call me crazy for doing this, but my number is 602-502-3887 and email gab.araujo @ hotmail.com

Its all good man.  Especially if she meets with you it will have been well worth the effort   :PinkCouture2:  You are truly blessed to be living in such a prime location.

On another note, rules are rules and this is a public forum where supporters of Candice come to share things and show support.  So, I can see why the admin put this rule into place.