Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Candice Swanepoel’s Guide to a Very Stylish Holiday Season

You might expect Candice Swanepoel's holiday season to be filled with many a Victoria's Secret lingerie set — whether she's walking the runway in one or gifting one to a friend. And while she does admit to being fully stocked in that department, Candice has plenty more sweet gift-giving ideas that we're taking note of, as well as lots to say about the fun-filled months ahead — which include the annual Victoria's Secret runway show. (Full disclosure, that one's marked on our calendars, too).

That's what we learned when we sat down with the supermodel this week, where she revealed her tips to capturing the perfect holiday Instagram, how she's prepping for that Victoria's Secret runway, and what she'll be gifting this season. On that note, scroll down to find out how Candice plans to spread a little style all through the holiday season.

On Her Holiday Wish List

"I have so many [lingerie sets], it’s sick! One of the favorite campaigns of mine that we shot recently this season was the Scandalous campaign. I don’t know if you saw it, but it was very moody and sexy. There is the Scandalous Push-Up Bra that gives you extra va va voom."

On Gift Giving

"When it comes to presents for other people, because I know that is on everyone's mind, I’m like, 'Oh my god, I have to start getting presents!' For girlfriends, I think the best thing to do is a gift card because there is nothing better than choosing your own presents.

"All the guys in my life are really hard. For my dad, I always get him a coffee-table book or something. For me, it’s more about thinking of something that is more personal and more heartfelt, which is hard at the end of the year because no one has time. I have kind of started preparing now so I am not left at the end like, 'Oh my gosh, I have to find something!' But gadgets are always good for guys!"

On Getting Camera Ready

"I know what looks good on me after all these years. I am not easily swayed into wearing something supercrazy or supercolorful or printed. I think the tip is to know your angles, know what looks good."

On December's Victoria's Secret Runway Show in London

"It’s exciting because we have traveled around America so much, it’s kind of crazy for Victoria's Secret to be going to Europe. I think the fans there are going to be so excited because it’s such a dream. It’s such an extravagant thing — the show. I feel like New York kind of got used to us a little bit, so I really hope that the crowd in London is going to freak out.

"[Wearing last year's Fantasy Bra] was nerve-wracking because it was such an honor, and it kind of goes in the history of books of Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bras, so you do want to do a good job and carry it in the right way. And I opened the show in it. It’s my favorite one, just because it is mine. But it’s a really exciting moment in my Victoria’s Secret history. I love that they have two this year because it was like, 'Alessandra, Adriana, Alessandra, Adriana.' I love that they gave them both one."

On What to Post on Instagram This Holiday Season

"Instagram is like a game! You’re like, 'Oh, I wonder what’s going to happen if I post this picture?' It’s a little bit dangerous to have the power, but it’s fun. I think you should just have fun with it and post what you feel and what you want to get across to the world. It’s such a different thing that we have that access now, because in the past, models didn’t have that. Now you can kind of promote yourself, which is amazing. The world is changing!"

Source: popsugar.com

Candice Swanepoel On The VS Show’s Hop Across The Pond

In just shy of a month, this year’s lucky gaggle of VS Angels and mere mods (there is a difference, darlings) will descend upon London in a flurry of neverending gams, copious glitter, and excessive décolletage. How is Candice Swanepoel feeling about the Victoria’s Secret runway spectacle storming London this year for the first time instead of its usual New York showing? The exceedingly lovely mod filled us in yesterday as we checked out those epic Fantasy Bras (not one, but two blinged-out pieces this time around) plus the skivvy emporium’s holiday offerings, replete with tons of rhinestones and tulle trimmings. Take it away, Candice!

How do you feel about the VS show’s big move this year?

It’s exciting, but a little nerve-racking, because we have to take the whole circus over there! But we’re going to be preparing and working out and getting beautified in New York; we’ll only be in London for three days. I’m excited for the crowd; it’s going to be different faces. I feel like the English are super rowdy and crazy. They’ll probably be shouting or something.

Is there a VS plane chartering the chic circus over to London?

Yes, there is, actually!

Hopefully it’s a pink plane.

I know! I think it was going to be pink at one stage, but I’m not sure if it still is.

Where do you like to hang in London?

I usually stay in Soho: That’s where all the fun and wacky people are.

Any must-do’s during your short stint there?

I’m going to fly my parents in from South Africa because it’s a lot closer to London than New York, so I’m probably just going to do whatever they want to do.

Source: fashionweekdaily.com