Bellazon

Agyness Deyn
Thumbnail

Nath

'Over-exposed' Agyness dropped

The reason why Agyness Deyn was dropped as the face of Burberry can now be revealed.

An insider at the fashion house told me that celebrity snapper Mario Testino – described as the company's advertising visionary – is fed up with the hype surrounding the elfin model who aimed to topple Kate Moss as the queen of British fashion.

Asked why Agy had been dropped less than a year after pinching the role from her rival, the checked-cap mole told me: 'She was just a flash in the pan. Last year she was quirky but now she is challenging Moss in the fame stakes by positioning herself everywhere. That kind of popularity just hasn't sat well with Mario, who is looking for something different'.

Deyn, real name Laura Hollins, has long played the fame game.

She is a regular on the celebrity circuit and has made several high-profile showbiz appearances, including presenting a prize at the NME music awards and collecting the model of the year gong at the Elle style awards.

She has also just made a pop music video.

But the 26-year-old's attempts to eclipse Moss in the popularity stakes seem to have backfired – as well as losing the Burberry contract she also failed to make a list of the top ten richest models, in which Moss came third.

To make matters worse, it seems Testino is not just looking for a new face – he wants a younger one, too.

The snapper – famed for his photos of Princess Diana – is thought to want to replace Deyn with 21-year-old Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

The Devon beauty, a D&G underwear model, has reportedly already been booked to front Burberry's autumn campaign.

metro.co.uk

Agyness Immortalized

post-17367-0-1446015661-08866_thumb.jpg

post-17367-0-1446015661-18704_thumb.jpg

At the official unveiling of the Agyness Dean mannequin at Rootstein, the gregarious model herself was nowhere to be found. We hear from her agents at DNA Models that she’s working on a movie project in Long Island which prevented her from attending last night’s fete. No matter, as many heavy hitters in the industry including execs from Grey Advertising, Bergdorf Goodman and Conde Nast went to check out the figure. Agyness joins other model notables who’ve had their features eternalized such as Twiggy, Pat Cleveland, Erin O’Connor, Jade Parfitt and Karen Mulder.

models.com

Hey, today I read an article about Agyness on Polish website onet.pl

It was really interesting, you know, I'm not a fan of Aggyness and I'm not up with everything about her.

I can post the link, if somebody would like to know what's written there, then:

1) go to tfs to check if somebody hasn't translated it yet ( :laugh: )

and if somebody there hasn't....

2) ask me for the translation :whistle:

http://gala.onet.pl/0,1488302,1,1,agyness_deyn,tematy.html

Agyness Immortalized

post-15738-0-1446015666-2649_thumb.jpg

post-15738-0-1446015666-32913_thumb.jpg

At the official unveiling of the Agyness Dean mannequin at Rootstein, the gregarious model herself was nowhere to be found. We hear from her agents at DNA Models that she’s working on a movie project in Long Island which prevented her from attending last night’s fete. No matter, as many heavy hitters in the industry including execs from Grey Advertising, Bergdorf Goodman and Conde Nast went to check out the figure. Agyness joins other model notables who’ve had their features eternalized such as Twiggy, Pat Cleveland, Erin O’Connor, Jade Parfitt and Karen Mulder.

models.com

It was really interesting, you know, I'm not a fan of Aggyness and I'm not up with everything about her.

gahhhhhhhhhhh!!! i saw 'Patricka Demarcheliera'!!!!!

please....