Bellazon

Red Dead (series)

Enrico_sw

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

You'll have a lot of fun! This game is awesome. The level of detail they put in the storyline and the universe is exceptional.

I've heard about the detail from quite a few people.  Excited to get into it a bit, although I haven't had much of an opportunity to do so yet.  :) 

I made my first foray into the online mode this week, it's an absolute blast alongside a group of friends but an impossibly lonely experience to play solo. I'd imagine that more content will be on its way that can be enjoyed with or without a posse when the beta phase is over.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ @Cult Icon I reckon this scene with the Braithwaite is one of the best of the game. What do you think? We can see the characters boiling. Dutch is particularly good; his voice, the way he chooses words and his cold rage are really well done. Voice actors in video games are really talented.

The soundtrack is really well chosen and it's prefectly matched with the video (like when the horse steps match the drums or when the female soprano fills the void of their calm march).

On 3/28/2019 at 6:55 PM, Enrico_sw said:

^ @Cult Icon I reckon this scene with the Braithwaite is one of the best of the game. What do you think? We can see the characters boiling. Dutch is particularly good; his voice, the way he chooses words and his cold rage are really well done. Voice actors in video games are really talented.

The soundtrack is really well chosen and it's prefectly matched with the video (like when the horse steps match the drums or when the female soprano fills the void of their calm march).

There was a nod to Confederate guerrillas.  People have forgotten that mass murders in the hundreds and thousands routinely occurred on American soil and inflicted by americans during the civil war!

Bloody-bill-anderson.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushwhacker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ride_with_the_Devil_(film)

The mansion massacre is one of the plot beats and turns of the story.  Dutch starts to unravel faster and faster into his RDR1 version.  In effect RDR2 is a story of a downfall and facing a traumatic loss of a way of life.  A film that explores this theme is "The Last Samurai".  "Ride with the Devil" also examines this (the downfall of confederate guerrillas.)  The rdr2gang is composed of the "last outlaws" of the old west.

The story of RdR2 is excellent however from watching the game from my favorite streamer (Cowboy) his review was that the game knocked the story out of the park but at a cost of optimal player experience and gameplay.  After killing hundreds of enemies it seems to get repetitive after a while.

8 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

her relatively young channel (Joined Sep 28, 2017) with unspectacular content has 113K subs already, largely due to the fact that she's and that russian girl are the prettiest female gamers on youtube and have all sorts of geek admirers..:rofl:

Most probably :rofl:

I don't really like watching at these videos for more than a couple of minutes, it gets a bit boring when you are not the one who plays.

On 4/4/2019 at 4:53 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I don't really like watching at these videos for more than a couple of minutes, it gets a bit boring when you are not the one who plays.

I watch these videos with games that I'm interested in but I would not use her channel.  I use people who are skilled at playing games and put in a lot of effort to have edited/well organized content.  Her material is comparably lackluster- it's essentially her doing makeup/outfits and then playing games unfiltered.  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The thing that really stood out to me was the theme of letting go and some characters expressing that they "tried our best" in the aftermath of their defeat.  I never expected to see such a theme appear in a game story.   It's very true to life how even the best efforts can falter without luck and forces/information out of one's control.  It seems so terribly unjust for such a result when one has done everything to win.  Like there was an invisible man in the sky hating you and actively plotting against you..

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...