Bellazon

Supernatural

tinkerbelle

thanks for all the good info, pretty... one question though.. i remember at some point last yr hearing that this would be the final season. is this mere rumor??

or are the producers keeping their options open due to the popularity of the winchester boys???

id kinda like it to end so we can get some supernatural movies :brows: now THAT'D be some fun shit!!

thanks for all the good info, pretty... one question though.. i remember at some point last yr hearing that this would be the final season. is this mere rumor??

or are the producers keeping their options open due to the popularity of the winchester boys???

id kinda like it to end so we can get some supernatural movies :brows: now THAT'D be some fun shit!!

To watch Dean for more than two hours.. :drool:

The show would have to be a really huge money maker in order for them to endorse a movie and then their would have to be people with money to back it.. It would be nice to see a movie..

Well Penny considering they are signed on for a six year contract, it's very stong that there will be a 6th season.

Jensen and Jared Definitely In for a Likely ‘Supernatural’ Season 6

Supernatural fans have reason to be excited today. Even though the premiere of season 5 is far away, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles recently appeared at a European convention where they gave fans a lot of hope for Supernatural season 6.

Some people worried that a sixth season would result in a completely different show, but Jensen confirmed to the Coventry Telegraph that he and Jared both have six-year contracts for the show, meaning if CW president Dawn Ostroff picks up Supernatural for season 6, Sam and Dean will both be in it.

That’s the good news, but here’s the not-so-good news. While Jensen and Jared have six-year contracts, creator Eric Kripke only has a five-year contract, so if the network does renew Supernatural beyond Kripke’s original five-year plan, there are two options. The first is for the network to shell out some big bucks to sign him to a new contract. The second is to continue the show without Kripke.

If you think that’s jumping the gun, think again. In the interview, Jared also mentioned that his “best guess” is that the show will be renewed once again. The increased ratings for season 4 plus the promise of being paired with new blood in the form of The Vampire Diaries makes Supernatural a more solid prospect than the network’s other aging shows like One Tree Hill and Smallville.

Supernatural’ character making comeback

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke has confirmed that demon Meg Masters will be making a comeback in the next season.

The character was banished to hell in the finale of season one, but later escaped to possess Sam (Jared Padalecki).

She also appeared briefly as a ghost in a season four episode.

Speaking to TV Guide Magazine, Kripke said: “I’ve been wondering what Meg’s doing out there. I’ve been continually asking the writers, ‘Where’s Meg?’

“She would make a really formidable adversary. I got impatient and ended up writing her into my own script.”

It is understood that former Guiding Light star Rachel Miner has been cast in the role after original actress Nikki Aycox was unavailable. Miner has reportedly signed on for one episode

• 3 weeks later...

SEASON 5 SCOOP

Supernatural creator Eric Kripke pulls out all the stops as the sexy horror show returns for its fifth season. In last season’s shocking finale, an angry and demon-blood addicted Sam (Jared Padalecki)—to his horror—was responsible for freeing Lucifer from his hellish imprisonment. In this exclusive interview, Kripke tells TV Guide Magazine what Lucifer’s return means and what roles Sam and big bro Dean (Jensen Ackles) will play in saving the world.

That was a pretty terrifying finale. You have an interesting “pox on both their houses” take on the Apocalypse. Do you hear from angry religious types?[Laughs] We actually haven’t. Quite frankly, sometimes we’re surprised that some religious people don’t take more issue with our depiction of angels. But—we’ve always kept in our back pocket that despite these particular angels being the bureaucracy of Heaven, there are potentially higher and more benevolent forces in the universe. But we have a humanity-centered show. Our attitude is always, humans with all their imperfections are the heroic ones and everyone else is just kind of messing with them.

Let’s talk about Season 5. Should I assume that the showdown between the angels and Lucifer and his demon minions—with Sam and Dean caught in the middle—is your through line this season?

Part of that is ongoing mythology, so I don’t want to give too much of that away, but yeah, it’s basically that the angels and Lucifer and the demons are just beginning the long foretold Apocalypse from the Book of Revelations. It’s the war that everyone’s been waiting for for thousands of years. Humanity is unfortunately caught in the middle. Our heroes object to that. Their response is “You want to fight a war? Pick another planet. This one’s ours and get the hell off it.”

What’s the time frame?

We pick up from the finale, where we left off with the boys in the chapel with the portal to Lucifer’s cage opening and Lucifer rising. We show the next few subsequent seconds after that and then continue the story from there.

So they escape and…

No, they both die and we continue the series with James Van Der Beek.

I hear the roar of a million fans shrieking. OK, what are the manifestations of Lucifer’s return?

We’re really trying to make good our promise—with Lucifer comes the Apocalypse. Supernatural’s version of the Apocalypse. The public isn’t necessarily aware of it. They’re not running screaming through the streets. That would be hard to maintain through a season. Our version of the Apocalypse includes things like hurricanes unexpectedly slamming into the U.S. coasts and swine flu and North Korea suddenly arming up with nuclear weapons. [Laughs] We’re really trying to create the idea that we always have, that this could be happening right outside your door and you don’t know it. At least in the first few days of the Apocalypse.

The first episode is called “Sympathy for the Devil.” Is that a hint?

One of our goals is to depict Lucifer [played by Mark Pellegrino, aka Jacob on Lost] in a way that’s rarely seen on television. We want Lucifer to be the most sympathetic character this season. He’s this wounded angel who feels very betrayed by God and his fellow angels. We’re writing him with a vulnerability and almost a tenderness. This is totally like douche baggy, but we’re looking at “Paradise Lost” a lot. That idea of the very human devil that has moments of doubt and moments of really human emotion. It’s an opportunity to see a really interesting Lucifer.

Demons and angels take different meat skins—human bodies—to hide their true selves. How about Lucifer?Lucifer is an angel and like any angel he needs to take a vessel. He’ll need to be walking around as a human as well. A strikingly handsome one. Compared to Zachariah and the rest of the angels on the show, he’s more gentle and soft spoken by a long shot. In his own weird way, he’s the kindest of all the angels.

What are Sam and Dean’s roles here? Do the angels still expect Dean to do their bidding?

Dean still has this chosen status from the angels. He’s someone they expect will defeat Lucifer. Much more of what that means will be revealed in the first episode. But he doesn’t particularly like or trust the angels and isn’t particularly inclined to follow the plan they have for him.

The last time we saw Sam, he was clearly heart wrenchingly guilty for having inadvertently raised Lucifer. How will he overcome that?

Sam is in a difficult place. He’s feeling such horrifying regret. How do you get out from under the weight of [being] the guy who broke the world and you broke it through pride, selfishness and you were seduced and you were fooled and all the horrible things that have happened as a result. He’s got a lot to atone for and he’s really on a journey of redemption. We’ve been talking about his story in the metaphors of a brand new ex-addict. He’s giving up demon blood; he’s giving up all these dark sides and with them comes terrible temptations. And meanwhile your family’s angry with you and they don’t trust you. Sam’s emotional arc this season is trying to go clean again and he’s got lots of trust to rebuild with Dean.

Your fans get famously upset when Sam and Dean are mean to each other. Why do you keep torturing them?

[Laughs] We owe it to the fans to depict an honest relationship and we wouldn’t be honest, having gone through the events at the end of Season 4, if they just said, “It’s all forgotten, let’s move on.” There’s a lot of drama to play. It’s our intention to bring them back together. It always is. I’ve always said it’s a show about the strength of family. But they need to recreate their relationship and come back together in a way in which they’re older, sadder, wiser but ultimately stronger.

Sam’s dead fiancé Jessica [played by Adrianne Palecki] shows up.

Yeah, in Episode 3.

What can you tell me about that?

I’ll keep much of that under wraps. She does return as Jessica.

So we hear demon Meg [now played by Rachel Miner] is back in the premiere. Why does she return? What are her intentions?

They’re not good. I’ve always been wondering what she’s doing out there actually. I’ve been continually asking the writers, “Where’s Meg? What’s she doing? She’s a demon. She has a really powerful grudge against the boys. They have history together. She would be a really formidable adversary. Where is she?” Finally, I got impatient and ended up writing her into my own script. It’s Mardi Gras for Meg and demons like her. Their demonic Lord and Savior has returned and so it’s party time for demons. As far as they’re concerned, Dean is the only threat to that and so we really ratchet up the tension yet again this season. Pretty much every demon in Hell and on Earth is out gunning for Dean Winchester, because he is pretty much the only one who can destroy basically their Lord and Father.

Is Bobby their only ally or will others come in to help during the season?

When we first come back in the season opener, Castiel is dead, destroyed by the Archangel. So there’s some moments when we wonder if they’ll have the help of their old angel pal Cas. There’s always allies, sometimes in unlikely places. But it’s always the idea of this small scared sweaty group up against overwhelming forces, and that’s kind of where the heart of Supernatural lies. In that idea of it as a Western, and you got the entire army outside and you’re inside and you’ve got to shoot your way out.

Supernatural’s fifth season begins Thursday, Sept. 10, 9/8c, The CW.

Creator Eric Kripke reveals a five-years into the future episode, Four Horsemen sighting, celebrity ghosts and this may not be the last season of the show.

THE SKINNY: At San Diego Comic Con, the cast and crew of SUPERNATURAL during the press roundtable event talked about their plans for the fifth season and what we would have to look forward to in the coming year.

It did not disappoint.

First off let’s just begin with the news everyone has been looking, hoping, searching and asking for. Creator Eric Kripke says that while originally the plan for the show was to do five season only – and this being the fifth season upcoming, fans are getting nervous – but because the show is doing well and actually gaining viewers, he says they may indeed do more seasons of the show.

And the good news is the Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles are contracted to do one more year of the show after season five, Kripke says.

“Because I have low self esteem, I never thought we’d make it to 100 episodes,” Kripke says. “I had a five-year plan and I thought we’d do a comic to wrap it up [laughing]. But the ratings are getting better and better but I still have to do a five year plan and want to finish this chapter. We are not going to delay it. [sam and Dean] are going to be facing the devil this year but there is not reason why a new chapter can’t begin.”

And that my friends is what we’ve all been hoping for. Hope, that the show will continue.

Kripke goes on to say that he plans on tying up some of the loose ends from previous season – mainly the Croatian virus and Meg. Both will be taken care of in season five. In fact, Kripke says there will be an episode in season five where Dean jumps five years into the future and we will see an apocalyptical world ravaged by the war with Lucifer and the Croatian virus will play into it.

“It’s our version of 28 DAYS LATER,” Kripke says.

What else will be seeing in SUPERNATURAL season five? Well for starters the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, more mythological creatures from the bible and elsewhere and … celebrity ghosts? Yes, that’s right celebrity ghosts including a homicidal Abraham Lincoln ghost.

Kripke jokes “The Four Horsemen are not going to be riding horses but color coordinated muscle cars. Why ride a horse when you can be in a Mustang?”

Ah but that’s not all! Also returning in season five will be Ellen and Jo Harvelle, Jessica Moore (played again by Adrianne Palicki) and Rufus.

And we may actually get to see God as a character at some point, according to producer Sera Gamble.

“We are approaching it cautiously,” Gamble says. “There is a lot of doubt because a lot of characters are angry at God for not stepping in and doing something about what’s going on.”

Also getting some more camera time will be Bobby Singer, played by Jim Beaver. Beaver says that Singer will play a huge role in the first three episodes and that the first three episodes will set up the rest of the season.

“I will be more involved this year than in the past,” Beaver says. “When I read the first script [for season five], my jaw dropped as to what is happening with bobby, not what I expected.”

And let’s not forget about Castiel. Misha Collins says that he will be on the run with Sam Dean as they will all be hunted by angels and demons alike. Castiel will also have less powers than he did in season four after being “fired” as an angel.

Lots to look forward to and we can’t wait

• 2 weeks later...

Were are getting closer and closer to the season premier i can hardly contain myself! :woot: I hear that Paris Hilton is suppose to be a guest on the show.. I'm gonna trust Kripke on this one.. hopefully it will be good.

Paris Hilton to Guest Star on CW's Supernatural

This is going to be hilarious.

Sources tell us exclusively that celebutante Paris Hilton is going to guest star in episode five of Supernatural this season.

Should you freak out? Is she going to be a love interest for the boys? Here's what we're hearing...

Details about Hilton's role are being kept under wraps, but we are advised that freaking out is not necessary. A source close to the show tells us: "The fans should trust [show runner] Eric Kripke." (We've heard the storyline, and when you see it you will die. It's awesome.)

Source

And for those who are wondering here are some of the episode names for the upcoming season 5 series.

Sympathy for the Devil

Good God, Y'All!

Free to Be You and Me

The Douchebag of Oz

2009.10.??

Celebrity Skin

2009.10.??

Misery of Heaven

2009.??.??

To Hell and Back

2009.??.??

Where the Hell are you, damn God?