Bellazon

2019 SI Swimsuit

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance the board in the back is the start of 2019’s  lineup?  They posted a video not long ago when Camille and Haley were in the SI offices with their photos on a similar board but under “rookies.”  This is from MJ’s instagram story.

1E460E66-98C4-4FFE-A010-881D96694D35.png

It wouldn't surprise me if it is, would be great if someone can figure who the girls are. I'm honestly over this magazine, I just hope Lais gets the cover eventually 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Danos1975 said:

So MJ hasn't been fired by the new media company that bought SI yet? :(

If you’re talking about Meredith, they’re looking to resell SI, something that was supposed to be done by about now. So maybe the next company will fire her lol.

BTW anyone notice the lack of updated on the swimsuit site since July 1?  No swimstagram, etc.? Interesting..,

The lack of updates could be because of the selling process, god only knows which direction the new owners will want to take. Hopefully they'll either get rid of MJ or they will tell her to go back to basics

W SOUTH BEACH

The iconic South Beach Hotel is the official hub of this year’s PARAISO by FUNKSHION swim festivities. PARAISO will take over the hotel for auxiliary shows, concerts and events. Some include the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Search and runway show, Equinox pop-up classes and after parties, beauty treatment pop-ups and so much more. http://hauteliving.com/2018/07/hot-spots-miami-swim-week-2018-where-to-cool-down/658432/

I guess they are doing another runway show?

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/arts/miami-swim-week-2018-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-hosts-open-casting-call-10517333

If this is correct, they are moving very quickly.

Have you ever fantasized about being a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model? Well, that dream could come true this weekend. 

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit will make its way to Miami Beach for Swim Week and host an open casting call at the W South Beach on Friday, July 13, and Saturday, July 14.

Rookie hopefuls will be judged by supermodels, including Christie Brinkley, Kate Upton, and Olivia Culpo. Some will be selected to walk in a runway show taking place at 9:30 p.m. Sunday, July 15, at the W.

Brinkley, Upton, and Culpo, along with other former cover girls and models and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit editor MJ Day, will provide professional modeling tips and tricks and host challenges for the up-and-coming models to compete in. 

The panel will then choose 15 to 18 models to walk in Sunday's runway show. American snowboarder and Paralympian Brenna Huckaby will open the show, and 2018 cover model Danielle Herrington will close. After the show, one model contestant will land a spot as an SI Swim 2020 rookie.