Bellazon

I first fell in love with VS via my mom. She was a huge shopper there when she was younger (she isn't that old, and I am in my early 20s now). So, when she was shopping there and getting the catalogs, Adriana was used a lot. I was just a kid and was like, wow she is really pretty. And then i'd watch the shows with my mom (she used to watch them, now she doesn't even like them anymore) and that first show I saw was also in 2003, Adriana opened. Again, she was a stand out for me. But I never had to know who she was until 2007 lol. After also seeing her maybelline commercials, I was like I have to know who this VS model is with the pretty eyes lol. So I went on wikipedia where they have an entire list of every VS model ever.

Thank god her name starts with an A LOL. found out who she was quick and then I became more interested in VS because that was mainly her work.

But even though Adriana obviously was my draw card to get into it. After looking at Adriana's old VS stuff in 2007, I came across Gisele and Alessandra. And they were also my favs. Although I missed Gisele by one year.

this whole situation with Visa's literally forces VS to be how they used to be. Only one social model is there. The model list is cut short. They are short one performer. If this isn't a sign, IDK what is LOL. A sign for them that says, "hey, your shows used to be this way. Thats when people enjoyed them. Maybe if you stuck to that people wouldn't have panic attacks at the thought of just one angel not being able to attend the show (adriana)" Lol.

Until today, I literally forgot how much Adriana meant generally speaking. People were so pissed.

I def would rather have gigi over bella though. She just doesn't look good in motion and without filter and photoshop;

2 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

I first fell in love with VS via my mom. She was a huge shopper there when she was younger (she isn't that old, and I am in early 20s now). So, when she was shopping there and getting the catalogs, Adriana was used a lot. I was just a kid and was like, wow she is really pretty. And then i'd watch the shows with my mom (she used to watch them, now she doesn't even like them anymore) and that first show I saw was also in 2003, Adriana opened. Again, she was a stand out for me. But I never had to know who she was until 2007 lol. After also seeing her maybelline commercials, I was like I have to know who this VS model is with the pretty eyes lol. So I went on wikipedia where they have an entire list of every VS angel ever.

Thank god her name starts with an A LOL. found out who she was quick and then I became more interested in VS because that was mainly her work.

But even though Adriana obviously was my draw card to get into it. After looking at Adriana's old VS stuff in 2007, I came across Gisele and Alessandra. And they were also my favs. Although I missed Gisele by one year.

Something about Adriana!! I remember being in awe of her when I saw her in 2003. Her catalog work and commercial work at the time was so stunning and striking! I'd never seen someone so beautiful! 

That’s also another interesting question. Who stood out to you from when you first started? A lot have said Adriana. Any others?

I already knew about Heidi, Tyra and Gisele when I started. I didn’t really know much about Adriana, Alessandra or Karolina but Alessandra stood out for me a lot. Especially in 05 when she wore that Santa Outfit and the outfit made from candy.

I also really remember Oluchi. She was my fav and she always stood out for her amazing breasts :rofl: also Angela was brilliant in 2005. So for me Alessandra, Oluchi and Angela were the girls who grabbed my attention.

4 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

That’s also another interesting question. Who stood out to you from when you first started? A lot have said Adriana. Any others?

I already knew about Heidi, Tyra and Gisele when I started. I didn’t really know much about Adriana, Alessandra or Karolina but Alessandra stood out for me a lot. Especially in 05 when she wore that Santa Outfit and the outfit made from candy.

I also really remember Oluchi. She was my fav and she always stood out for her amazing breasts :rofl: also Angela was brilliant in 2005. So for me Alessandra, Oluchi and Angela were the girls who grabbed my attention.

I only really got into VS in 2010-ish and it was always Miranda that stood out to me (probably because the Australian media used to be obsessed with her) but I don't really care for Miranda now. Bianca Balti, Karolina and Ana BB always stood out to me as well.

1 hour ago, Kevork89 said:

I think the only reason Ale didn't stick out to me in 2003, was because VS didn't even try lol. she got like body suites. She wasn't an angel yet basically. After 2003, I didn't watch that show again until I knew who Adriana was. But after actually going back into VS and watching their shows Alessandra was a second. At that time Ale too was one of the most beautiful models to me.

Adriana and Alessandra in their prime is the reason why I have such high standards for VS models these days. I personally find Gisele extremely beautiful too but I know she isn't everybody's cup of tea and I get tired of people expressing that lol

13 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

Yes! Sydney buddies. I’m from Western Sydney :smile:

Nice! I live in Northern Syd :smile:. I think we're just 3 hours ahead of Shanghai, so not too bad but it'll be a late night if I decide to stay up while they're filming

I first got into VS because of Miranda (Australian media used to be obsessed with her) I love going back and watching the previous shows. Just look at Candice's amazing first walk compared to some new angels first walks! Although no one can beat Adri, back then or now ?

I'm happy the show is in Shanghai as it is in the same time zone as me for once ?

7 hours ago, Ichigo9 said:

I'm not convinced that gigi didn't get in due to visa issues. Bella is the one who posted the allegedly racist video. As such I would expect her to be denied a visa too, if that was the reason. 

I think it was her personal decision to drop out because of the "racist" video. Asian/Chinese fans were very pissed and threatened her all over her social media how they don't want her in China so she and her agency were probably worried that she would be harmed (unlikely) OR she would be booed on stage while walking (very likely). 

Defintely not a Visa issue, she's been to China before several times and was here longer than the amount of time she would be there for the VSFS. Once again, like Kendull...they both just lied to cover up the fact they're not wanted lol

Hey, guys!
First post, felt inspired to share my experience.

I remember getting into VS when I saw one of those promotional pieces for the Very Sexy Makeup with Gisele, KK, Ale, Iza. Ale was the one that got my attention, truly believe she was so so beautiful. Since then, I began to do some research on the models, eventually leading me to discover the show on youtube.  I believe this is where I saw Adriana for the first time and she has been my favorite ever since.

The 2008 show was the first one I followed and watched on TV. Can believe that it has been almost 10 years!

Anyway, I hope I fully get out of my "silent fan status" and keep sharing my thoughts with all of you. Thank you for working so hard to provide us with insight and keep this discussion as entertaining as it is. :D

7 hours ago, VSlover30 said:

Wow that's alot.  But I have a feeling that VS knew this.  Because this year they have so many models, more than 60. Maybe they knew there will be models who can't get work permit so they cast more than 60 models just in case like that.  That's what I think.   And what about the performers?  Who's sure and who's not?  I heard even Style will be banned.  

That's a VERY good theory ! Maybe that's why there were so many models cast this year! Because after like 54th model was announced to be walking...everyone lost their mind as to why there were so many models walking. VS knew this would happen bringing the show to a strict country like China so they probably have a backup plan already set up and ready and he way I see it, probably only 55-56 girls will be walking this year (including contest winner). 

The first VSFS I was exposed to was the 2010 show. I was on YouTube and came across a video of the Heavenly Bodies segment. Adriana stood out to me the most (well duh, it's Adriana lol). I really liked Chanel's outfit too

After that, I've been following the shows since. I remember sitting in my statistics class in high school (2012) when I saw on twitter that Ale had gotten the FB. I had no idea how prestigious the FB was but I remember really liking the design.

The newer shows are ehh; the older shows are amazing because the girls were fierce and they all had amazing walks.