Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

After the defeat of the Ukrainian counteroffensive both sides appear to have taken a siesta in the war in Ukraine. The Russians continue to passively shoot at the Ukrainian forces with airstrikes and artillery, and the use of thousands of kamikaze drones.  Wagner PMC mercenaries have appeared at Adiivka.  The Adiivka pocket keeps on compressing and the Ukrainians keep on pumping up absurd lies about their 'successes'.   At this point the Ukrainian-NATO effort has told more lies about the war than the Nazi Reich in WW2.

Nobody knows how many people are left in Ukraine.  They have lost at least 20% of their population.  Putin boasting of Ukraine only have 21-22 million people left is probably a lie but indicates a certain strategic intent.  Zelensky recently claimed to Western press that the average Ukrainian soldier is a middle aged man of age 45-40 years old.  This could be another lie to get more western aid.

Zelensky & Co. have no interest in serious negotiation despite them being stuck in a strategic dead end.  Western interest in the war is continuously declining and they do not ship sufficient munitions and equipment.  Remarkably the Ukrainian Soviet Arsenal is still being used after 21 months or so of war albeit much declined.   Western production is so poor that european nato only fulfilled 30% of the promised amount of heavy artillery ammo.  

If Pentagon claims of North Korea are real and not a lie, then North Korean grain deal gave Russia more heavy artillery ammunition in 2 weeks than the US-NATO did for Ukraine in the entire war.  Yet the Russians have not used this 'boon' yet.

The Russian army is continuously building up and getting larger and larger but at the same time display no interest in strategic offensive.  They even commissioned new ships and submarines; and in general behave like the US in afganistan- it is like the war is just an extra-curricular activity.  

The Russian military told the public that the Special Military Operation will end in 2025 and that they are prepared to fight the war for 10 years.  They want to reach the 1.5 million man army target by the spring of 2024.  The ending of SMO could mean that they will declare war on Ukraine.  

Overall Russian strategy appears to be that of a waiting game.  The Russian state claims that they resettled 5 million people from the occupied territories into the borders of the old Russian federation. 

Their actions indicate that they will wait until the West loses a critical mass of interest in Ukraine and continue to allow Ukraine to self-cannibalize with people fleeing the country.  Meanwhile the Ukrainian economy is in ruins and the West has to keep on spending XXX billions to keep the country afloat.  They seem to be waiting for Ukrainian political in-fighting and the day that the Ukrainian people & army get tired of the war.

• 2 weeks later...

The US Gov't should also admit that Israel's main function is an aircraft carrier to protect American energy interests after they get  school administrators fired...and they can massacre whoever they want to in the process lol

Ukraine support is steadily fading from the US Agenda in both physical and media/propaganda support. The Russians have over 30,000 Ukrainian troops in a pocket now and it's barely being covered.  As soon as US-NATO production failures became apparent and reserve supplies ran out they started to cut Ukraine loose..

Avdiivka%20and%20Donetsk%20City%20Battle20231209215142-d5d13121.jpg

Ukrainian sources claim "30,000" troops with approx. 14 brigades/equivalents trapped in the pocket or contesting the outskirts.

Russian sources claim approx. 40 Ukranian infantry battalions  (full strength: 20,000 infantry- it is likely that real strength is far less than this due to losses ) involved in the battle.

So both sides have similar claims on how many ukr units are in there.

The extremely drawn-out conduct of this battle by the Russian command is similar to Bakhmut. 

However, instead of using PMC convict troops they are relying more on firepower superiority- artillery and airstrikes- and drone superiority to wear down the Ukrainian forces meter by meter.

Marinka city has finally fallen to the Russians, with only a few streets left in Ukrainian hands.  Pretty much the same units on both sides have been engaged in positional fighting in these ruins, with neither side making a serious effort to take the whole city in 2023.

In the past couple of weeks the Russians have executed local counterattacks and erased most of the minor gains the Ukrainians accumulated over 4 months of attacking in Eastern Ukraine.  All that's left in in the south there are still two small bulges in front of the 1st line of defense that haven't been fully retaken yet.  The Ukrainians keep on launching harassment crossings over the dnepr with miniscule forces that have to be cleaned up over and over again.

I believe that the extremely drawn out conduct by the Russians on all fronts and the lack of attacking is intentionally done to present an image of a "stalemate" in Ukraine meanwhile in reality the Russians have strategic initiative. They know that as long as the Western public believes that it is a stalemate, fewer investment in Ukrainian aid will happen over time.  And they have been right with this approach.  

@Enrico_sw  I watched some remarkable interviews with Elon recently and it is very revealing how many times he slipped up and revealed things that he shouldn't say.

1. He doesn't care about advertisers leaving Twitter.  It must have been demoralizing for a twitter employee to watch him talk about the fall of Twitter's financials. Twitter is not a life or death asset for him, more like a side hustle.

2. He doesn't care about the financial losses of Twitter as denying it as a leftist propaganda platform and government mouthpiece was "priceless" to him.  From the way he described it he thinks Twitter was previously run by evil left-wing extremists.

3. He said Data is like "Gold", the implication that Twitter's Value is mainly in this.  This ties in with the theory that he bought it primarily for the purposes of supporting his other Tesla programs.

4.  He doesn't say this directly but it is apparent from numerous comments that skirt around this issue (starlink, his prediction that Ukrainian-NATO counteroffensive will fail, his message to Zelensky to not exterminate the Ukrainian youth) that he believes that Russia will eventually destroy Ukraine.  

5. He does not like or trust the government.  Overall I am getting the impression that he is actually a right wing libertarian dissident in his political beliefs. 

6. China's economy will be twice that of the US and they have more human talent and ability than the US.  Also the chinese electric car companies are the most serious competitors to Tesla.  Also Chinese cities are more developed than most American ones.

Zelensky just claimed that the Ukrainian army is 600,000 personnel. 

Putin claimed that there are now "617,000" Russian troops in Ukraine including 244,000 Reservists that were called up in 2022.

If this is true it's 600K vs 617K Russians in Ukraine.

Russian army intends to expand to 1.5 million men by the spring of 2025, it's currently at around 1.2 million men.

Russian forces claim that they inflicted 540,000 irrecoverable human losses (killed and permanently crippled) on Ukrainian troops.  After 20 months of concealing Ukrainian losses, the US Pentagon admitted to "210,000" a month or so ago including 80,000 dead Ukrainian soldiers with 130,000 cripples.  80,000 vs. 280,000 Ukrainian killed/missing claimed by the Russians.

So the real number of Ukrainian military killed & crippled could be somewhere in-between 540,000- 210,000

On 12/12/2023 at 8:27 PM, Cult Icon said:

1. He doesn't care about advertisers leaving Twitter.  It must have been demoralizing for a twitter employee to watch him talk about the fall of Twitter's financials. Twitter is not a life or death asset for him, more like a side hustle.

That's sad for the employees and for the platform, I agree.

2. He doesn't care about the financial losses of Twitter as denying it as a leftist propaganda platform and government mouthpiece was "priceless" to him.  From the way he described it he thinks Twitter was previously run by evil left-wing extremists.

He's right about this one. Twitter was a neo-McCarthyist leftist platform full of blue haired weirdos dictating their laws.

3. He said Data is like "Gold", the implication that Twitter's Value is mainly in this.  This ties in with the theory that he bought it primarily for the purposes of supporting his other Tesla programs.

Hmm, I have doubts about this, but maybe I don't fully understand what value he takes from twitter's data.

4.  He doesn't say this directly but it is apparent from numerous comments that skirt around this issue (starlink, his prediction that Ukrainian-NATO counteroffensive will fail, his message to Zelensky to not exterminate the Ukrainian youth) that he believes that Russia will eventually destroy Ukraine. 

Western misinformation is clouding our views on the conflict. I believe the Russian forces are stronger than we think and they have many strong allies.

5. He does not like or trust the government.  Overall I am getting the impression that he is actually a right wing libertarian dissident in his political beliefs. 

I don't trust the US government either. Not that I never trusted it, I used to be neutral/positive with it, but the recent actions of its agencies speaks volume against them. 

Iraq war was the first mistake that made me distrust the US gov. Then, the left-wing propaganda that they spread ("affirmative" action, CRT aka left-wing neo-racism,, the gender wars, etc.). The infection of our entertainment industry with left-wing propaganda is what I hate the most (Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, etc.). This is neo-McCarthyism (ironically for McCarthy... the far left now uses his methods in the US).

6. China's economy will be twice that of the US and they have more human talent and ability than the US.  Also the chinese electric car companies are the most serious competitors to Tesla.  Also Chinese cities are more developed than most American ones.

Probably true and China's CCP is a terrible dictatorship.

@Enrico_sw   This war has completely sunk my belief in USA-NATO - they have proven to be only aggressive at propaganda/lying/magical thinking and not good at actual military production.  The Ukrainian army they trained has completely failed.   The whole world now knows that the US-NATO can't wage a large scale peer-to peer heavy industrial war due to de-industrialization.  

My view has been the same since March 2022- Negotiate a peace deal on current lines.  Elon has the same view in the interview.

The world is walking closer and closer to WW3 with every passing month.

Ukraine military seeks extra 500,000 soldiers - President Zelensky (bbc.com)

On 12/19/2023 at 4:39 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Probably true and China's CCP is a terrible dictatorship.

What's your issues with China?

From what I've observed it seems to functional more as a hypercapitalist and hypermaterialist country with social benefits combined authoritarian leadership (both political and economic) by an elite party class/technocracy.  The population like other east asian countries is unusually submissive, obedient and hard working to a fault.  Not a country for individualists or people who value their free time.

China is not at all comparable to North Korea even though they are allies.

In a way if a country can be seen as an organism, the Chinese is the biggest and most economically aggressive one in the world.  Time will tell if it become more militarily aggressive as its military power rises.

As an industrialized economy I think that theirs is mostly composed of producing tangible things of value (like the US before the 1970s), rather than B.S. jobs and inflation in the West.

Once China struggles with keeping up its rapid economic growth, the chances of it using military power will increase.  The economic integration with Russia is rapidly accelerating, the Russians give them oil & gas, and minerals in exchange for technologies and manufactured goods.

The war in Ukraine is (to paraphase Lenin) is an event that has made the past 2 years feel like 10 or more years geopolitically.

On 12/25/2023 at 5:45 AM, Cult Icon said:

What's your issues with China?

From what I've observed it seems to functional more as a hypercapitalist and hypermaterialist country with social benefits combined authoritarian leadership (both political and economic) by an elite party class/technocracy.  The population like other east asian countries is unusually submissive, obedient and hard working to a fault.  Not a country for individualists or people who value their free time.

China is not at all comparable to North Korea even though they are allies.

In a way if a country can be seen as an organism, the Chinese is the biggest and most economically aggressive one in the world.  Time will tell if it become more militarily aggressive as its military power rises.

The problem with China is that it smothers freedom and freedom is a key ingredient for innovation.

(That's why, even if I care a lot about the environment, I'm not an anti-natalist, because I think future generations will bring people with new ideas that will help us protect the environment)

It's good to have hard working people, but if they can't innovate, they can't lead the world. Japan is (or used to be) a better country than China, because it's a very good combination of tradition/framework and freedom/imagination. The big problem with Japan is that men/women relationships are even more f*cked up than in the West, which is why they don't make babies any more (which is a big issue).

If China can be seen as an organism, it's a highly structured one, very productive, but also a one with few mutations (so more sensitive to stagnation and more fragile).

I used to admire the USA for their capacity to innovate, thanks to their (former) freedom, but not any more. The USA is a regressing country, because its imaginary is getting poorer. The US cinema (comic books, literature, and even the gaming industry etc.) is a conformist machine that parrots moral rules (woke rules). A poor imaginary means less freedom and less innovation.

The main issue I see with East Asian (Japanese, Korean, Overseas Chinese/Taiwanese) culture (all cultures have flaws) is that they take conformity to the dictates of family/society and hard work to an extreme- as in sweat-shop level.  They are also introverted to a fault and are not very communicative, which is a fault.

So the individual is not really free, they are under a lot of social pressure to "do the right things" all the time.  So all of them have to do things that 'make money' (STEM), not do things that 'they should not do' and avoid things that are risky or don't make money.  I think this is a type of oppression.  Also it means that a lot of people are not doing things out of the box.

So their hard work and high intelligence is funneled into the most predicable areas.  I have heard that in taiwan/South Korea it's so competitive that it's a race to the bottom.

The Japanese appear to be the most decadent of the three groups as they became developed early but then stagnated economically for 25 years. They are also by far the most creative in the arts (to a remarkable sense among all the world).  The culture of China is so inward focused that it cannot really be exported like American culture is.

All of the East Asian countries have severe problems with fertility with South korea at 0.64, which is basically at the level of national suicide.  It is also notable that these countries are not really that rich among 1st world countries.  Japan and South Korea also have a lot of suicides. 

So it must be wondered what went wrong, since these countries are filled with people like this. 

So all the East Asian "Tigers" are stuck, except for China.  China like Elon said has an enormous number of smart people.  I saw stats that show that there are more Chinese STEM people in China than in all of Europe combined.

9 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

The problem with China is that it smothers freedom and freedom is a key ingredient for innovation.

(That's why, even if I care a lot about the environment, I'm not an anti-natalist, because I think future generations will bring people with new ideas that will help us protect the environment)

It's good to have hard working people, but if they can't innovate, they can't lead the world. Japan is (or used to be) a better country than China, because it's a very good combination of tradition/framework and freedom/imagination. The big problem with Japan is that men/women relationships are even more f*cked up than in the West, which is why they don't make babies any more (which is a big issue).

If China can be seen as an organism, it's a highly structured one, very productive, but also a one with few mutations (so more sensitive to stagnation and more fragile).

Overall it appears that Japan has fallen greatly behind in the area of innovation to the US.  It also seems less artistically successful these days.  Have you noticed how much they have fallen behind in gaming compared to the West?  However they have still accomplished a tremendous amount for the population size.

What makes you think that China lacks innovation?  It seems to be beating everyone else in city development and is strong in manufacturing, and a few tech areas.

Another trait of China is that historically it always looked inward.  I can't imagine a scenario where Chinese culture can be transform into something that can be exported in the way US culture has.  Currently its international activities are in main to secure resources and assets for the mainland. So it cannot be considered a real colonial power.

US economy, military, and culture is soulless & in shambles as of the moment and very tenuous.  I think we are living in the final stage of the 'American empire'.  The people are lost souls.  The only way to save the nation by changing it would be a massive culture shock, a catastrophic military & economic defeat and some kind of political revolution.  I don't see this forming in the near future but it may happen if China-Russia-Iran-North Korea deliver the US its defeat.

I am thinking that humanity needs a new model and a new culture to aspire to.   But I know of no culture that is good enough to emulate.

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Overall it appears that Japan has fallen greatly behind in the area of innovation to the US.  It also seems less artistically successful these days.  Have you noticed how much they have fallen behind in gaming compared to the West?  However they have still accomplished a tremendous amount for the population size.

What makes you think that China lacks innovation?  It seems to be beating everyone else in city development and is strong in manufacturing, and a few tech areas.

Another trait of China is that historically it always looked inward.  I can't imagine a scenario where Chinese culture can be transform into something that can be exported in the way US culture has.  Currently its international activities are in main to secure resources and assets for the mainland. So it cannot be considered a real colonial power.

US economy, military, and culture is soulless & in shambles as of the moment and very tenuous.  I think we are living in the final stage of the 'American empire'.  The people are lost souls.  The only way to save the nation by changing it would be a massive culture shock, a catastrophic military & economic defeat and some kind of political revolution.  I don't see this forming in the near future but it may happen if China-Russia-Iran-North Korea deliver the US its defeat.

I am thinking that humanity needs a new model and a new culture to aspire to.   But I know of no culture that is good enough to emulate.

It's sad to see Japan fall. Their men/women relationships have better sides than ours (Japanese women respect men and vice-versa - they don't have crazy nutcase feminists), but they're too far apart. A falling natality is a terrible thing for a country.

If we look at population at the beginning of 20th century and now, the population repartition has changed dramatically.

https://worldpopulationhistory.org/map/1903/mercator/1/0/25/

Countries like Turkey have a shitty system (this country was unapologetically genocidal), but their demography is fast, which gives them lots of power. Erdogan is insulting the West every day, yet he's still in NATO.

I don't know many innovations from China... which are there? They just copy/paste ideas and improve the productivity. Most of the game changing ideas came either from the broad West (Europe/USA) or from East /South East Asia (Four Asian dragons and Japan mainly).