Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

23 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I agree a 100% with what Elon says.

There's too many BS job. It doesn't mean that we don't need finance, marketing or reporting, but we have a tendency to inflate them too much.

(and some jobs are purely useless, like "diversity officer"...)

Here's another one.  It seems overall that Elon thinks that Ivy League MBA's are just social climbers, overanalyzers & skilled communicators and little else.

16 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Here's another one.  It seems overall that Elon thinks that Ivy League MBA's are just social climbers, overanalyzers & skilled communicators and little else.

Musk is not alone in thinking that the overabundance in MBA degrees is ridiculous. The real question is, who created the positions that mean that so many such graduates can find jobs?

What is definitely true is that those guys (and girls) are overpaid in general.

What I have found after twenty years of experience is that almost any decently sized company or organization will have far too many middle-management roles. Most companies could weed out over half of those out and it wouldn't make any real difference to their productivity and it would save them a bundle in wages.

8 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Musk is not alone in thinking that the overabundance in MBA degrees is ridiculous. The real question is, who created the positions that mean that so many such graduates can find jobs?

What is definitely true is that those guys (and girls) are overpaid in general.

What I have found after twenty years of experience is that almost any decently sized company or organization will have far too many middle-management roles. Most companies could weed out over half of those out and it wouldn't make any real difference to their productivity and it would save them a bundle in wages.

I definitely agree. I don't know who pushed for this trend. It's one of these social pathologies that keep on spreading in organisations. Nobody really started it, but it appeared and kept on spreading.

Maybe abundance is what tends to create for these things.

985052157_weakmenhardtimes.thumb.jpeg.e1363d5629b389775991b8553176e6df.jpeg

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I definitely agree. I don't know who pushed for this trend. It's one of these social pathologies that keep on spreading in organisations. Nobody really started it, but it appeared and kept on spreading.

In my experience, companies that eventually find out it does not work react in one or two ways. Some get rid of some management level staff, usually by reorganizing so they can make an entire level of authority obsolete.

Others double down with what I would call the "one more lane fallacy". Like a city trying to fix their traffic jams by repeatedly adding lanes to their highways, these companies think they can solve their inefficiency problems by adding another layer of management. :rofl:

I know of one place which already had three layers between the IT manager and the lowest L1 helpdesk grunts. And after an HR audit they actually added a fourth level in the form of team leaders. Then what the fuck were the guys and girls doing those helpdesk grunts were reporting to before that?

The Russian military claims that they recruited 382,000 new contract troops (from conscripts, reservists, convicts, Ukrainians, etc) in 2023 so far and everyday they have an inflow of 1,600 new personnel.  This means that they will approach 500,000 new personnel by the end of the year.  The contracts signed are multi-year.  They also report 128 new training facilities opening in Russian college campuses..

I researched their order of battle and it's now a gigantic mass of developing infantry units- mostly regiment, battalion, and company in size.  They also have two new combined arms armies and are making river-crossing divisions. 

The most common new unit is the motor-rifle regiment, a combined arms formation with 3 infantry battalions, 1 battalion of tanks, 1 battalion of self-propelled artillery and various supporting organizations.  These are not as well equipped as motor-rifle brigades. and divisions but much larger and appropriate than the extremely infantry weak battalion tactical group they used in the initial invasion.  These are also attached to enhance Russian divisions and brigades.

Both Russian & Ukrainians sources agree that they maintain about 430,000 men in Ukraine.  The Russian army now is dramatically different than the extremely heavy armed but undermanned army that invaded Ukraine in Feb 2022.  Before it was an artillery & tank army. The ratio has shifted to an army with a lot of infantry.

Ukrainian sources are now claiming that the Russians have 2,300 main battle tanks, 5600 APC/IFV and 4200 heavy artillery pieces in Ukraine.

So the Russian army ground force is now approaching 1.2 million men.   The Russian ground forces is now larger than the US ground forces.

Russia's military budget is over 100 billion dollars in 2023, which is 40 billion more than 2022.  Despite these huge infantry forces they have done very little attacking this year outside of contracting Wagner for Bakhmut.  So the budget has been allocated more towards force development.

It appears that they intend to fight the war for many years and follow the Svechin strategy.  The war will be fought in a much more defensive manner than Ukrainian propaganda claims and eventually the West will get much more bored and forgetful of the war than it is right now.  

F9iXRWwXAAAuj55?format=jpg&name=medium

This semi-dubious site has been taken off of X last week.  I don't know if Elon took it down or the handlers did it volunteerily. 

It claims to "objectively" count Russian and Ukrainian vehicle losses from the first day of the war but it's clearly highly connected to NATO/Ukrainian information warfare/propaganda organizations.  They feed it a huge number of photos from day 1, initially many of which were from different wars or fakes.  

In the interview Elon says that he believes that Twitter was the accidental propaganda arm of the US government which is why he bought it and he thinks it's 'priceless'.

Chief of Ukrainian General Staff Zaluzhny admitted to Western press last week that Ukrainian ground force is incapable of making breakthroughs.  Then he started begging for more aid and weapons for the future victory..

Last summer they were boasting about retaking Crimea and doing a 'Blitzkrieg' with the 1500 donated Western super AFVs with superhuman NATO training.

1984 is literally in Harvard... This is extremely worrying.

This guy's article says that the result of an operation depends on the axioms and definition... Sure Jan, everything depends on the definitions, but trying to reinvent everything in a pointless attempt to develop a useless system is... useless. All these circonvolutions lead to relativism and it degrades the value of real knowledge.

Anyway :ninja:

KqmTvrOi_o.jpg

Recent photo of Israeli soldiers. Correct me if I'm wrong

a) Israel's army is the only modern army that doesn't operate using a camouflage pattern uniform?

b) The uniform used if not identical is pretty much alike the uniform used in the 1967 and 1973 conflicts?

c) The cargo pocket of the pants is placed high in the hip, unlike in any other military pants ..... and it's functional not just decorative?

:idk:

Chinese leader Xi gets standing ovation at banquet with US executives (yahoo.com)

Some of the CEOs that attended the banquet with Xi:

• Amway Corp. - Milind Pant
  • Apple Inc. – Tim Cook
  • BlackRock Inc. – Larry Fink
  • Blackstone Inc. – Stephen Schwarzman
  • Boeing Co. - Stanley Deal
  • Bridgewater Associates - Ray Dalio
  • Broadcom Inc. – Hock Tan
  • Citadel Securities LLC. - Peng Zhao
  • FedEx Corp. - Rajesh Subramaniam
  • Freepoint Commodities LLC - Sheldon Pang
  • Fulgent Genetics Inc. - Ming Hsieh
  • Gilead Sciences Inc. - Daniel O’Day
  • Honeywell Intl Inc. - Darius Adamczyk
  • Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co L.P. - Joseph Bae
  • Las Vegas Sands Corp. - Robert Goldstein
  • MasterCard Inc. – Merit Janow
  • Nike Inc. - Mark Parker
  • Pfizer Inc. – Albert Bourla
  • Qualcomm Inc. – Cristiano Amon
  • Visa Inc. – Ryan McInerney
  • Xcoal Energy & Resources LLC - Ernie Thrasher

photo100.jpg

CEO of Rostec recently commented that they delivered 7 times more tanks than 2021 in 2023.  This is somewhere between 2,500-2,100 new tanks for the Russian army.  Ukraine claims that Russian army has received 1,000 new tanks in the first 10 months of 2023.  But the Russian force in Ukraine is around 35% of their ground force.

Russian army has raised 2 new combined arms armies in 2023 (total 14) with plans for 2 more (total 16).  It is possible that the huge number of new motor-rifle regiments will eventually be integrated into the divisions.  Current army ground force strength 1 million men excluding Russian paratroop & naval infantry forces.

The new combined arms army ORBAT 2023 (50,000 men):

three motorized rifle or tank divisions and a number of brigades (artillery, missile, air defense and control) plus as well as separate regiments (chemical and engineer).

4 new divisions in 2023 (total 20) with plans to raise 8 more.