Bellazon

Marvel's The Inhumans

peroxideblonde

Marvel's The Inhumans is an upcoming American eight-episode live-action television series based on the Royal Family of Inhumans.

The show is produced by Marvel Television and ABC studios.

The first 2 episodes will be shot with IMAX digital cameras and will be premiered in IMAX cinemas prior to show's premiere on ABC, making The Inhumans the first TV show ever to be shown in IMAX cinemas.

The first 2 episodes of The Inhumans, around 80 minutes of content, will debut exclusively in Imax theaters across all territories on or around Sept. 1, ahead of a two-week theatrical run. ABC will then premiere the first episode of the TV drama on Sept. 26. All eight episodes are expected to run on the network over consecutive Tuesday.

Note: the show is not a reworking of Marvel Studios' planned feature film (originally planned to conclude Phase 3, now taken off of the shedule, but still planned for later phase) nor a spin-off of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

IMAX premiere: around September 1, 2017

ABC premiere: September 26, 2017

Cast

Anson Mount as Blackagar Boltagon/Black Bolt

Serinda Swan as Medusalith Amaquelin/Medusa :chicken:

Isabelle Cornish as Crystalia Amaquelin/Crystal

Ken Leung as Karnak

Eme Ikwuakor as Gorgon

Iwan Rheon as Maximus

Mike Moh as Triton

Lockjaw as Himself

Sonya Balmores as Auran

Ellen Woglom as TBD

Lockjaw as himself. :rofl:

Should be interesting to see how this goes, although it's hard not to wonder if television will be the best medium for it. The Inhumans have really outlandish powers and their world kind of looks like Asgard in the Thor movies, all of which would be difficult to portray with a limited budget. Maybe the fact that it's only running for eight episodes will help.

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, jkjk said:

When/If the movie comes out, it will be interesting to see how much better it will look than the show.  But I still hope the show ends up being good.

It was a bit of a weird situation, if I remember rightly. Supposedly, The Inhumans was never really a property that Kevin Feige had much interest in bringing to the big screen, but Ike Perlmutter more or less sandbagged him with it as part of a trade-off allowing Feige control of the MCU movie division and Perlmutter control of TV production. So its brief disappearance from Marvel's calendar kind of felt like Disney siding with Feige and telling Perlmutter "you pushed for it, now you deal with it". That being said, if the show does go down well with the fans and there's enough demand for a movie, I'm sure they'll still be able to find a way of making it happen.

I'm a bit surprised not to have seen Chloe Bennet mentioned in connection with this yet, with the obvious links to her character I figured she'd be a lock to take part.

14 hours ago, Michael* said:

Maybe the fact that it's only running for eight episodes will help.

It will, because they can spend more plus its ratings wont have the chance of failling too much after the big premiere like how it happened with AOS, so every episode will be profitable

On 3/4/2017 at 10:40 AM, gotportugal said:

It will, because they can spend more plus its ratings wont have the chance of failling too much after the big premiere like how it happened with AOS, so every episode will be profitable

I hope so, because I'd like nothing more than to see it work. It's apparently being co-funded by IMAX (a first for the company), which should be an aid to creating good quality visual effects. It would be a real shame if they were restricted to the point of having to play down the powers of the characters, because that's a large part of what makes them compelling.

Presumably, the show now takes the AOS mid-season slot that Agent Carter used to occupy. It would certainly make sense to keep building on the groundwork that they're laying in the former's current story arc. :yes:

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, peroxideblonde said:

!!

the suit looks unfinished

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding back a few changes there, because if they're willing to try something as visually out there as Lockjaw, there's really no reason for Black Bolt's gear to look so plain.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

WIdgcLC.jpg

Hopefully this is just a placeholder and they've yet to finalise the design of Medusa's hair, because it looks pretty grim there. You have to think it'll look better in motion and with all the effects added, but first impressions and all that. :no:

21 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

yeah the wig looks tragic but i'll wait to judge..the rest looks good!

On closer inspection, I actually think the wig has been Photoshopped that colour, which tells me that the show is probably still refining a lot of things before they start shooting. As a first image, it doesn't inspire much confidence, but we're going to have to wait until we've got all the elements. Ramsay Bolton as Maximus is good casting though. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lockjaw looks quite good, but that's about all I've got at the moment. There's very little in the trailer to set up the plot. :unsure:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the showrunner had been told to consider this a one-off miniseries and to tell a complete story in one season. It might even be pre-emptively cancelled, so to speak, unless something unexpected happens.