Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

9 minutes ago, Hoopla said:

They don't list the actual allegations, just that there are at least 3 of them against him. He could actually be gay, but there is plenty of weirdness in his interactions with women e.g. https://youtu.be/1_i3lPzPzBU?t=150

Thanks for posting that! I think that sometimes gay men might be more handsy with women because they think that it’s “allowed” because they are gay. Like how Olivier manhandled Candice here:

Will be interesting to hear whether there is disputes over boundaries and appropriate workplace behaviour or whether it’s more than that.

seriously, this issue felt like a non event, plus the disappointing cover..like her or not Kate being back after the hiatus and with 3 covers was huge and giving the cover to a nobody (she'll stay a nobody sorry mj) the year after wasn't a smart choice..sure Danielle is a woc and everything but is like no one cared about that lol

2 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

seriously, this issue felt like a non event, plus the disappointing cover..like her or not Kate being back after the hiatus and with 3 covers was huge and giving the cover to a nobody (she'll stay a nobody sorry mj) the year after wasn't a smart choice..sure Danielle is a woc and everything but is like no one cared about that lol

It was a new low for the magazine. I'd literally lost interest after a day or so.

Lots of unmemorable girls and a few that (frankly) have no place in SI. You know who I'm talking about. I found some of the layouts bordering on repulsive - I'm just a normal, young heterosexual guy.

Perhaps I'm not the target audience any more.

2 minutes ago, fumi said:

It was a new low for the magazine. I'd literally lost interest after a day or so.

Lots of unmemorable girls and a few that (frankly) have no place in SI. You know who I'm talking about. I found some of the layouts bordering on repulsive - I'm just a normal, young heterosexual guy.

Perhaps I'm not the target audience any more.

no you aren't for sure :rofl: at least the MAIN target

In terms of target audience I think they are trying to target almost everyone and it is not realistic. The results ended up being half-assed, contradictory and confusing.  They need to stop biting off more than they could chew. SI needs to keep it simple and be more focused.

7 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

In terms of target audience I think they are trying to target almost everyone and it is not realistic. The results ended up being half-assed, contradictory and confusing.  They need to stop biting off more than they could chew. SI needs to keep it simple and be more focused.

I agree. If they wish to focus on obesity and handicapped athletes, then that's fine. They should go all in and make the magazine about praising those people.

What's happening at the moments is a confusing mix that doesn't appeal to anyone. We're living in a different age to even just a few years ago. Compare the current issue to one from even seven or eight years ago. A different culture now.

Maybe they could do two magazines - one focusing on the SI that people already know and one that follows all the new fickle trends and fashions.

9 minutes ago, fumi said:

I agree. If they wish to focus on obesity and handicapped athletes, then that's fine. They should go all in and make the magazine about praising those people.

THIS!

I don't think it was the "themes" that were problematic but how they approached and handled all of it that missed the mark :/ The whole thing this year didn't seem well thought out :no:

It’s a dangerous thing… If Yu Tsai was found guilty of sexual harassment, it’d look really bad that he was one of the photographers in an issue with a #metoo theme. In addition, Ebonee Davis is one of the models in that layout. She is friends with David Bellemere who The Boston Globe exposed for sexually harassing models he works with. If she shoots with him in the future… Not a good look at all for the magazine.

I actually love both Olivia and Hannah and Olivia has way more personality than Hannah tbh. I've always felt like one of the reasons why Hannah hasn't made it big it's because of her laid back, low-key personality, which is nothing bad but clearly not the greatest/better fit for this business.