Bellazon

Eugenia Volodina
Thumbnail

mrsvannistelrooy

you're welcome, Ben

here is translation (by sethi and rouge_red)

Vogue covergirl of the month:

Eugenia Volodina from Russia

The modelling business can tell many histories of careers like fairytales. For some time now, the most beautiful stories - and girls - come from Russia. High cheekbones, fair skin, dark hair: their striking looks launch these eastern european girls into superstars.

In the 1990's the boom began with Czch women like Eva Herzigova. Today the top models are all russian, and next to Natalia Vodianova and Natasha Poly also this months cover girl Eugenia Volodina, who appears on page 146 in Key Pieces.

"When I was a child I never had the dream to become a model" explains the 22 year old. "I was very shy and always felt too tall" It was her mother, who encouraged the then 14 year old to model, and the 180cm tall girl went to a casting.

Not long after the girl who is born in the 800KM journey from Moscow, the town of Kasan by the Volga dropped out of school and went to Paris, soon to New York. (not sure about this sentence, but I think I have the sense )

"I just wanted to wait at first, to see what happened, but it suddenly took off"

Since 2002, after a shoot with star photographer Steven Meisel for Italien Vogue she gets piled with engagements. "Nevertheless my time as a beginner wasn't easy. A few times I didn't feel happy at all anymore since I just couldn't do anything because I was so tired", she remembers.

Meanwhile Eugenia signed with Biotherm and for 'v' the new fragrance by Valentino. She walked the shows of the most famous designers, YSL, Prada, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen. A glamourous world in which still seems foreign to her.

"Its a strange feeling, when I'm on the streets and strangers speak to me and take my photo".

The worst thing about the job for her is homesickness. "My real life is/plays out in Moscow, where my boyfriend and friends live. And my family is not so far from Moscow."