Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

2 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

The Donald with VKM. :chicken:

At this point that will probably happen. Mikey will eventually profess his love for Donnie and try to make a move on him. Donnie will have no choice but to fire him and Vince will take the place of VP :rofl: 

1 hour ago, frenchkiki said:

I know but can we do about that? This man is a double trash trailer with money & power.

He doesn't even want to be the president :dry: He is going to keep doing & saying shit till someone kick him out the white trash house.

Bill Maher made a comment about Donnie on Friday: "You are never too rich to be white trash." Your comment made me think of it :p Kicking him out is easier said than done especially when his party holds the majority of the power. And like I mentioned above his tactics benefits him and his party. Everyone is focused on his twitter tantrums instead of the real issues like the travel ban, healthcare, him and Putin meeting this week, etc.

The only thing we could do

is not back down. Stay strong, speak-up, take action, and keep him accountable. He is trying to wear down his critics hoping they would back down by insults, false accusations, degradations, and undermining. It is important to push back when he is being a bully. It is better to go down fighting than to take his BS & do nothing. At least than way we are doing something instead sitting on our asses bitching & complaining. Also it would buy us some time and eventually he will be defeat. It might take awhile and we might not see the results right away but if we keep focus it will get better eventually :smile: 

4 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Bill Maher made a comment about Donnie on Friday: "You are never too rich to be white trash." Your comment made me think of it :p Kicking him out is easier said than done especially when his party holds the majority of the power. And like I mentioned above his tactics benefits him and his party. Everyone is focused on his twitter tantrums instead of the real issues like the travel ban, healthcare, him and Putin meeting this week, etc.

The only thing we could do

is not back down. Stay strong, speak-up, take action, and keep him accountable. He is trying to wear down his critics hoping they would back down by insults, false accusations, degradations, and undermining. It is important to push back when he is being a bully. It is better to go down fighting than to take his BS & do nothing. At least than way we are doing something instead sitting on our asses bitching & complaining. Also it would buy us some time and eventually he will be defeat. It might take awhile and we might not see the results right away but if we keep focus it will get better eventually :smile: 

One point that Bill keeps making is that if someone still believes Trump can't be re-elected, that person has not learned from what has happened so far.

5 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Indeed, his tactics do benefit his party in the short term by giving them cover to operate under while they hammer out some extremely unpopular legislation, but one has to wonder just how long people like Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and especially the likes of John McCain and Lindsey Graham, can sit on their hands and allow this increasingly erratic behavior to occur before it starts to hurt their own political brands as the supposed leaders of the GOP.  Ultimately, a well respected leader like Lindsey Graham, perhaps in consult with a younger, but up-and-coming GOP star in someone like Ben Sasse, could be the ones to finally turn the tide and get GOP sentiment moving in the opposite direction.

I'm also not entirely sure why the GOP leadership is so willing to stand behind Trump when they have the ultimate "yes man" waiting in the wings in Mike Pence.  Considering his political career was all but over when the 10-15 people in front of him on the VP search list said no, I would imagine that he'll be more than willing to play along with whatever Ryan and McConnell want to do should he ultimately be elevated to the presidency.  

57 minutes ago, jkjk said:

One point that Bill keeps making is that if someone still believes Trump can't be re-elected, that person has not learned from what has happened so far.

THIS! :thumbs_up:

I have said this in other threads but I think he has a pretty good chance of getting a second term. And it is not until his second term will shit hit the fan to the point something will happen, things will change and start getting better. Until then things are going to keep getting worse and right now it is still the beginning. So buckle everyone, it is going to be a crazy & turbulent ride :cain:

8 hours ago, VS19 said:

I think the BCRA is the Senate's version and the AHCA is the House's.  Hard to keep track. :D   They ought to just call it POS and move on.  Would be a more accurate name for the bill(s). :p 

Hopefully these Senators get an earful when they return home and do Town Hall meetings over the long break.  If anything good could come out of these awful attempts at legislation is that it might finally wake a good number of people up and get them involved in the democratic process. 

I think you are thinking too "short term" and getting locked into the details.

Trump is a very weak president- he's a builder who has no idea how to build even though he has significant resources.  Also, the office is weakened after every move, and generally much weaker by the second term.  

The benchmark for a powerful presidency would be a close examination of the FDR and LBJ presidencies.  LBJ got more done in the first hundred days than many presidents do in their entire term.  The rest of his presidency was equivalent to multiple presidents.  And he was president for only 5 years!

Perhaps Trump is the beginning of the gradual weakening of Federal power as its credibility is undermined by successful years.

17 minutes ago, VS19 said:

Indeed, his tactics do benefit his party in the short term by giving them cover to operate under while they hammer out some extremely unpopular legislation, but one has to wonder just how long people like Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and especially the likes of John McCain and Lindsey Graham, can sit on their hands and allow this increasingly erratic behavior to occur before it starts to hurt their own political brands as the supposed leaders of the GOP.  Ultimately, a well respected leader like Lindsey Graham, perhaps in consult with a younger, but up-and-coming GOP star in someone like Ben Sasse, could be the ones to finally turn the tide and get GOP sentiment moving in the opposite direction.

I'm also not entirely sure why the GOP leadership is so willing to stand behind Trump when they have the ultimate "yes man" waiting in the wings in Mike Pence.  Considering his political career was all but over when the 10-15 people in front of him on the VP search list said no, I would imagine that he'll be more than willing to play along with whatever Ryan and McConnell want to do should he ultimately be elevated to the presidency.  

One of the strengths of the GOP is they stick by and back up each other no matter what. That's one of the ways they win elections and gain power. Unlike the Dems who are often disorganized and not united. Here are 2 examples. 1) When Clay Aikens was running for office he purposefully distant himself from Obama. Aikens lost. 2) Ossoff, he had a good chance of winning but it was when he distant himself from Polosi that was when things started to plummet for him. These are 2 of the many examples.

Also there are a lot of Trump fans out there and they are a force to be reckon with b/c they are the ones who consistently vote in most elections, big and small. And Pence is not someone Trump Fans feel connected to. Besides It is too early for the GOP to clean house. If they do it now they would lose power so they are probably waiting it out for the right time so they could come out as the Heros :cain:

You're right.  They would have to wait until after the 2 year mark of Trump's term to get the most out of getting rid of him.  If they wait until Pence would serve less than the final two years of Trump's first term, then that would allow them to allow Pence to conceivably be elected twice more to the presidency.  If he took over now, and then won in 2020, he couldn't run again in 2024.

Bernie Sanders is a clown- I think his "revolution" would just be a stepping stone.

Then a new leader will be chosen, probably someone with a light background and few skeletons in the closet like junior Senator Obama.

I don't think that the Democrats have much left in terms of inspiration to offer- Obama had his run

I think in a few years both sides will re-invent themselves in some way.

^

Bernie is too old and his manichean and overly simple us vs them rhetoric makes him look less than a politician but more like a social sciences college professor leading an on-campus protest.. this is basically triggers "instant contempt mode" among many people.

When I have time I try to see if there is some noise about the "viable future".

What is interesting is how Romney lost- he was the "politically correct" establishment candidate.  I doubt that the GOP will try to field someone similar again after Trump, but who knows..