Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

7 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

A man who cheats or tricks someone by gaining their trust and persuading them to believe something that is not true.

6 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Someone who deceits, manipulates, schemes, etc for personal gain and/or ulterior motives.

Thanks! :D 

1 hour ago, PinkCouture said:

^ Who is the perfect con man---Donnie or @Stormbringer? :p 

Not me then :p 

^ Yes, and the fact he couldn't convince the majority of the world, let alone the country, he is qualified and trustworthy. TBH most politicians are cons to some degree. It is part of the game. Of course some are more than others and not always a bad thing. I adore Billy C. and thought he was a great leader, however I think is a much better con man than Donnie.

1 hour ago, PinkCouture said:

I adore Billy C. and thought he was a great leader, however I think is a much better con man than Donnie.

you and Dave are super-democrats lol

Like Trump, Clinton also campaigned effectively with industrial workers but he threw them under the bus during his administration.

One of his allies, John Rockefeller died last week (Chase bank).

23 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

^ Sure, why not :p I root for whoever I view as the lesser of the evils. I almost voted for McCain at one point but then Palin entered the picture and I totally changed my mind. It is one of McCain's biggest mistakes not even he could deny :rofl: 

I'm taken back at you saying that Clinton was a great leader..he's literally the origin story for Trump and the financial crises.

The Vice Presidency is a traditionally weak position, that is why Joe Biden didn't do very much.

^ That's fine. Like I said before all of them are shady to some degree but it is matter of is it something I could live with and accept. I could live with and accept Bill's shadiness more than Don's. I also think Bill was a better prez than most of our more recent ones. That's just me. I am sure there are many who would disagree. We all do what think is best for ourselves, ones we care about and society at large. 

I like Joe but thank goodness he didn't do much! He is a total loose cannon. Then again considering how things are now I guess he isn't that bad :nicole: 

5 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

^ That's fine. Like I said before all of them are shady to some degree but it is matter of is it something I could live with and accept. I could live with and accept Bill's shadiness more than Don's. I also think Bill was a better prez than most of our more recent ones. That's just me. I am sure there are many who would disagree. We all do what think is best for ourselves, ones we care about and society at large. 

I like Joe but thank goodness he didn't do much! He is a total loose cannon. Then again considering how things are now I guess he isn't that bad :nicole: 

You are more patriotic than myself.  I learned that this country wasn't worth fighting for and doomed to fail in war before before I was 18 years old.  Otherwise I would have started a career in the military (Military academy at West Point) Later on I learned that both parties were basically criminal.

Trump's big test is whether or not they can execute massive infrastructure and defense spending - cutting Obamacare would free up appropriations for the former.  

On 3/20/2017 at 6:40 PM, VS19 said:

The large military is indeed very embedded within the American cultural psyche.  Much like it is with many things American, it's always bigger is better.  The problem with the GOP argument is that, even if they were to make drastic cuts to the military and/or Defense Department, we'd most likely still have the largest military in the world.  Massive cuts could be made and still achieve the goals that the GOP claim to stand for: fiscal responsibility and defense.  

The GOP have nothing to do with fiscal responsibility LOL.  They just use this excuse to get the spending that they want in order to satisfy their constituents.

Wars are won by educated men with ideas and the will to execute them on the ground. Combat doctrine, troop training, leadership, and cultural knowledge.  The US has been historically (and currently) weak on all four and is saddled with the disadvantages of being a constitutional republic.  Only the infantry can seize and hold ground.  US/NATO commitments in Iraq/Afganistan were of staggeringly low tactical density with a handful of divisions.  The Republicans sustained 45,000 casualties in Iraq and failed. Obama surged in Afganistan (failed) and then tried to assassinate his way to victory.  It doesn't matter if trillions are spent on gadgets and countless living spaces & civilians are razed- sadly Trump's military package is just buying more toys. 

The military is "embedded" in the cultural psyche due to hollywood/military propaganda designed to prop up the military-industrial complex.  The closing down, and then end of the Cold war broke the system down and led to dramatic downsizing and shift towards social spending.  LBJ's Great Society was a watershed (medicare, medicaid, etc).

The comparison of the US spending with other nations is meaningless; they do not occupy a similar position.  These arguments are currently advanced by the Democrats to limit the size of the military.    The politically correct Generals staffed by Obama had failed to crown the wars with victory- they are clearly doing something wrong.

Millions of people claim your argument but read zero books and know almost nothing about military history- they were obviously "educated" by Bush/Obama media tropes and parrot the propaganda, thinking that it is their idea.

2 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

The GOP have nothing to do with fiscal responsibility LOL.  They just use this excuse to get the spending that they want in order to satisfy their constituents.

Which is why you'll find that I stated that's what the GOP "claims" to stand for.  The obviously don't, it's just an argument that they use against the Democrats, who they demonize as being wild spenders yet the scoff at when the tables are turned and they themselves are being accused of spending money, except at that point they hide behind "defense" and "national security" as the reasons for doing so, which any "patriotic" American (in their view) wouldn't dare to argue against.  

On 3/26/2017 at 1:56 AM, Cult Icon said:

You are more patriotic than myself.  I learned that this country wasn't worth fighting for and doomed to fail in war before before I was 18 years old.  Otherwise I would have started a career in the military (Military academy at West Point) Later on I learned that both parties were basically criminal.

Trump's big test is whether or not they can execute massive infrastructure and defense spending - cutting Obamacare would free up appropriations for the former.  

I have been called unpatriotic so for someone to think I have some patriotism is new. The way I see it is, it is better to do something (regardless of how big or small) than to do nothing at all. At least that way I could answer to myself. However I accept if someone chooses to do nothing b/c I am sure they have their reasonings and it is their decision. I do agree both parties are filled with criminals but that could be said about most politicians.

I don't think he has a choice but to do something about the ACA. It is one of his main promises and I think if he delivers on this people might cut him some slack if he can't deliver on the rest.  Also, ACA isn't working as well as it should. Don't get me wrong I think it is a good start but there's still a lot of room for improvements. 

One thing I am excited about is infrastructure improvements. This is something he might realistically be able to improve...for most part at least. 

Another Trump on the way :Angel: ...

Eric Trump & Wife Lara Expecting 1st Child — A Baby Boy: Donald Is ‘So Excited’

Donald Trump is about to become a 9-time grandpa! The POTUS’ middle son, Eric Trump, & his wife are officially expecting their 1st child, and we are so thrilled for the couple! The two already know their baby’s due date AND that they’re having a boy — find out Donald’s reaction to the news here!

SO exciting! Eric Trump, 33, and his wife Lara, are expecting their first child this September, and they’re having a son, according to People magazine. The couple revealed the exciting news on Mar. 20, just over two months after finding out for themselves. “We found out on my birthday, which was pretty cool,” Eric told the publication. And apparently, since then, their pregnancy was a hard secret to contain!

“Eric’s dad was so excited,” Lara gushed, “that we were worried he’d blurt it out at a press conference.” But luckily that didn’t happen! Lara and Eric’s newborn son will be Donald Trump‘s, 70, ninth grandchild — so we can only imagine the president’s excitement. But obviously the expectant mom and dad are just as psyched about welcoming a new little one into the fam!

“Eric and I are excited to add boy to our pack in September! ? #BabyTrump,” Lara captioned her announcement pic on Instagram, which featured her and Eric posing in the snow along with their dogs. How cute is that? The mom-to-be is now in her second trimester and, while she’s feeling great now, wasn’t always feeling so hot. “I was exhausted in the beginning,” Lara revealed. “It surprised me, because I’m a very active person, and until the fatigue hit, I didn’t believe it would actually happen to me,” she says. “It really affected me. But I’m feeling really good now.” And now that they’re expecting, Lara and Eric need to come up with a name for their bundle of joy.

“We really loved the name Charlie, but we’d already named our dog that, so it’s out,” Eric said. Lara added, “We sort of screwed ourselves over there.” But while thinking of a name is just the first challenge of becoming a parent, Lara says she’s not actually nervous about motherhood. “I knew I always wanted kids someday,” she said. And she already has confidence in Eric’s parenting abilities!

“Eric’s going to be an amazing dad,” Lara gushed. “The nieces and nephews love hanging with him. He’s the cool uncle. He’s watched Frozen many times.” Aw! Congrats again, you two!

hollywoodlife.com