Bellazon

Hillary Clinton at No 2 Of Top 5 Most Powerful Women In The World 2016 - 2017

thubayhb

I hate discussing politics on forums because most people do not know the facts. People just post stupid immature crap on why they hate the other candidate or say something totally untrue to offend someone. As an American, find it interesting that most of the people responding to this aren't actually American. I know that most of the people who say their location is the United States are in fact not from the United States. Off topic but is that the default location for the forum? I am not just saying non-American can't discuss this topic I just find it interesting.

The US isn't 50% Republican and 50% Democrats. There are people who are independents, Socially Liberal Republicans, Socially Conservative Democrats, and other mixed viewed people in America who do not vote on party issues. Some stick to a party and others flip flop depending on the candidate. Unlike most countries, Americans vote for candidates, not parties. Let's say 40% of the people voting are Republican (Trump) and 40% of people voting are Democrat (Clinton). The rest either are in the middle or vote for stupid reason such as who they rather have a drink a with. Politics in the US boils down to a few key issues: Gun Control, Birth Control, Immigration, and Taxes. However in this elections there are other issues that come into play besides the awful negative campaign bull shit that media reports on every ten minutes.

In General, these are the major issues and the stance they generally take. Not everyone who is a Republican or Democrat feels a 100% the same way but this is an overall consensus.  Please check your candidates stances on these issues especially in the Legislative Elections. 

The Republicans believe
No limits on Guns. Let everyone buy how many guns and ammo they want. They want to protect their right to bear arms which they feel is greatly threatened.
No abortions. They want to over turn Roe v Wade to make it a states right whether abortion should be legal. Some Republicans want to make it illegal everywhere.
Limit Immigration. Some believe Mexicans and Chinese should be deported. Others want a Wall to prevent people from entering the Southern border.
They want to limit taxes on the rich. They believe in Trickle down economics. (The theory if Rich people have more money that they will spend more and employ more people to help the economy)
Health Care: Republicans want to over turn Universal Healthcare aka Obama Care. This system is similar but not the same as what Europeans have.
Global Warming: It Doesn't Exist. Keep things the way the are. A lot of them want to bring back Coal.
Social Security: Some want to privatize. Others want to get rid of it. Some have no stance on it.
Marijuana: Keep it illegal

The Democrats believe
There should be limits on guns. Some want ban assault rifles others do not. Its divided. All want to have stricter guidelines in buying guns. Mostly to prevent terrorist/crazy people from getting guns. 
Democrats mostly want to protect Roe v Wade. 
Most Democrats do not want to build a wall. Some want to give Mexican's Amnesty like Regan (a Republican) did in the 80s.
Most democrats want to give the poor a tax break and tax the rich more heavily. Some want to punish wall street for what happened in 2008. Others do not.
Most of the democrats want to keep Universal Health Care aka Obamacare. Some want single payer.
Global Warming: They believe in it. They want to have alternate sources of energy.
Social Security: for the most part: Keep it the Same.
Legalize Marijuana for medicinal purpose. Some states want to legalize it for recreational purposes.

In this election, there are people who are mostly independents or didn't vote that are extremely vocal. Living in the US, there is this huge divide. Unfortunately, most racist people are extremely supportive of Trump where as in other elections they didn't speak up or didn't vote. Most of the people who are vocal on either of these candidates have no idea what their platform is. They are highly ignorant to their candidate or parties platforms. They are voting on their stance on racism, sexism, politicians demeanor, other various rumors that are swirling about either candidate, and overall celebrity status and perception of the candidate. This election isn't just for the president. Its for the Senate in many states. Most people don't realize that voting for their Senator is just as important as voting for President. It most case your senators will impact you more than the President.

There are Independent candidates running but they aren't on the ballot in every state. The two most popular are Gary Johnson, a Liberterain, and Jill Stein, Green Party. Both these candidates have an appeal to people who do not like Trump and Clinton based on one key issue for some voters. These two candidates can possible effect the election. Nader, Buchanan, and Perot greatly change the election. If Perot didn't run in 92, Bush might have gotten a second term and Bill Clinton might not have won. If Nader and Buchanan didn't run in 02, Bush II might not have been or President either. Remember, Gore won the popular vote but lost the electoral college to Bush. Something like that could happen again which is why your voting for Congressman is important.

It should be interesting to see what happens. I can see if you believe in a parties ideals why you would vote for either Candidate. What I don't get are the people who are undecided. It shouldn't be that hard unless you don't care. If you care and you are overwhelmed, list what issues are important to you. Find out where those candidates stand. Vote that way. Remember: He or She will pick the next Supreme Court Justice. If Guns and Abortion are your issue, that should help you decide, too. Usually people feel strongly about those issues.  Also, Make sure you vote for your senators. Even if you hate both candidates for President, vote for your senators, mayors, your school board of education, etc. The President can only do so much. There are 3 Branches of Government and the power is divide equally among them, for a very good reason.

Sorry for the long winded civics lesson. I tried to remain neutral and not offend anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion which I may or may not agree with. There are too many people who have no idea what the candidates stand for or what is actually going on. I feel the media has focused entirely too much on the reactions of the public on two issues (Trumps Outbursts, Clintons Emails) that have no affect on how either will run this country. I don't think the media has done a good job in covering this election. I feel they are mostly to blame for it.  Maybe Social Media has destroyed our civilization. Everything is boiled down to outrageous headlines and highly skewed talking points by the people who post them. You can't watch the 11 o'clock news, TMZ, or Facebook for real news. Read a damn News Paper. Listen to what the candidates are saying in interviews rather than speeches. And Remember: VOTE.

Trump is basically a mixture of Reagan + Buchanan- they are on the side of "Blue collar white America".  They get a lot of support from this base. Blue collar white america has been losing big time since the late 1970s.  What blue collar white america fears is foreign competition/weaking US multinational corporations, illegal immigrants (which take their jobs and lower their wages), and a weak military, which puts their jobs at risk.  This factor is stronger than all other factors.

I agree with model that I think a lot of foreigners or people who rely too much on the media (which supports the Democratic party and its ideology for the most part except for FOX) kind of miss out on certain nuances.

While I am certainly not American. I am Aussie and we have our horrible political environment itself right now. What with having 5 different prime ministers in the past 5 years because they all keep over throwing the other and stabbing them in the back lol, but I've read into a lot about Hilary and a lot about Trump. Starting to feel like the country is doomed either way.

A friend of mine who lives in Cali (not you Dave lol), but I asked him to explain it to me the way I would understand. He himself is a democrat and hates Hilary. He said I'll explain it as if we are in Harry Potter. It's like our voting options are Trump (Voldemort) & Hilary (Dolores Umbridge). Both are just as bad as each other :rofl: 

19 minutes ago, modelknowledge said:

In this election, there are people who are mostly independents or didn't vote that are extremely vocal. Living in the US, there is this huge divide. Unfortunately, most racist people are extremely supportive of Trump where as in other elections they didn't speak up or didn't vote. Most of the people who are vocal on either of these candidates have no idea what their platform is. They are highly ignorant to their candidate or parties platforms. They are voting on their stance on racism, sexism, politicians demeanor, other various rumors that are swirling about either candidate, and overall celebrity status and perception of the candidate. This election isn't just for the president. Its for the Senate in many states. Most people don't realize that voting for their Senator is just as important as voting for President. It most case your senators will impact you more than the President.

There are Independent candidates running but they aren't on the ballot in every state. The two most popular are Gary Johnson, a Liberterain, and Jill Stein, Green Party. Both these candidates have an appeal to people who do not like Trump and Clinton based on one key issue for some voters. These two candidates can possible effect the election. Nader, Buchanan, and Perot greatly change the election. If Perot didn't run in 92, Bush might have gotten a second term and Bill Clinton might not have won. If Nader and Buchanan didn't run in 02, Bush II might not have been or President either. Remember, Gore won the popular vote but lost the electoral college to Bush. Something like that could happen again which is why your voting for Congressman is important.

It should be interesting to see what happens. I can see if you believe in a parties ideals why you would vote for either Candidate. What I don't get are the people who are undecided. It shouldn't be that hard unless you don't care. If you care and you are overwhelmed, list what issues are important to you. Find out where those candidates stand. Vote that way. Remember: He or She will pick the next Supreme Court Justice. If Guns and Abortion are your issue, that should help you decide, too. Usually people feel strongly about those issues.  Also, Make sure you vote for your senators. Even if you hate both candidates for President, vote for your senators, mayors, your school board of education, etc. The President can only do so much. There are 3 Branches of Government and the power is divide equally among them, for a very good reason.

Sorry for the long winded civics lesson. I tried to remain neutral and not offend anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion which I may or may not agree with. There are too many people who have no idea what the candidates stand for or what is actually going on. I feel the media has focused entirely too much on the reactions of the public on two issues (Trumps Outbursts, Clintons Emails) that have no affect on how either will run this country. I don't think the media has done a good job in covering this election. I feel they are mostly to blame for it.  Maybe Social Media has destroyed our civilization. Everything is boiled down to outrageous headlines and highly skewed talking points by the people who post them. You can't watch the 11 o'clock news, TMZ, or Facebook for real news. Read a damn News Paper. Listen to what the candidates are saying in interviews rather than speeches. And Remember: VOTE.

I greatly appreciate your response and the above points I highlighted are another important election reminder that there is indeed more to this election then just the president that will greatly affect our day-to-day lives. Why I truly hope people research and research and research so they can make a more informed vote!

20 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

I greatly appreciate your response and the above points I highlighted are another important election reminder that there is indeed more to this election then just the president that will greatly affect our day-to-day lives. Why I truly hope people research and research and research so they can make a more informed vote!

So voting for Harambe isn't ideal?

damn it.

58 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Politics is imbecilic in the way that it assumes that voters are master strategists, social scientists, economists, business people, scientists etc. in one as if they know 'what's good for the nation' as if that was a defined concept.  It feeds an ego-ist power fantasy..

Then you have the flow of information/opinions overwhelmingly favoring one party over the other, which creates a cycle of half truths and fear.  Most news corporations are affiliated with the Dems.

I think most people vote based on their own selfishness and personal greed- what is good for them and what future they believe in.  

^ This is true, there is far too much bias and miss information out there in regards to our election and social media only compounds that issue even more.

But to say people are not capable of informing themselves is selling the public short. Heck, most of our elected officials are not " master strategists, social scientists, economists, business people, scientists etc. in one". This is why people cannot stand by one source and run with it. People will get whatever they sow. It's why I stress the importance of researching to educate oneself to make a more informed choice. People have the information at their disposal in ways our past generation could only dream of, we must use it wisely!

12 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

^ This is true, there is far too much bias and miss information out there in regards to our election and social media only compounds that issue even more.

But to say people are not capable of informing themselves is selling the public short. Heck, most of our elected officials are not " master strategists, social scientists, economists, business people, scientists etc. in one". This is why people cannot stand by one source and run with it. People will get whatever they sow. It's why I stress the importance of researching to educate oneself to make a more informed choice. People have the information at their disposal in ways our past generation could only dream of, we must use it wisely!

The sad thing is it seems people aren't making informed decisions. They're going by what other people say and think and on top

of that there's this issue out there that if someone speaks openly about who they support say for example Trump then they are bullied and ridiculed for their decision.

People just see the bad things and if someone supports him they are labeled as racists, biggots, sexist and every other thing under the sun. The problem with people is that everyone needs to put their own opinions and try and intimiadate people who don't share those opinions. I've noticed that about people in America. Hell I see it here. In Australia obviously we don't vote for whoever but I know someone who doesn't like Hilary and spoke about it and said she'd chose Trump "the lesser of two evils" and someone else just had to

come on and question her opinions. It's like just leave everyone to their own beliefs.

If people are voting properly, if they know all the issues and make informed decisions based on that then they're doing it right. But it seems like only a handful

of people are actually doing that.

^ And what u have stated above is one of my big worries here, whether or not people will inform themselves accordingly and not stick to one outlet such as FOX news. Because I'm going to be blunt, they are a propaganda machine more than a news outlet and I can say the same with MSNBC to some extent as well. So as I said before, people will reap what they sow. It's why I hope people do not take the lazy route in this important election and actually lift a few fingers and research the issues and people at hand. I can't help but laugh that people will spend an hour looking for the best burrito or taco in town but can't give the same attention to candidates that will affect their ways of life :rofl:

11 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

^ lmfao so true I hope so too. For your countries sakes. But also for mine too because what America do we follow as allies.

At this point in time, I would not advice your country, it's leaders and people to follow us in every instance :ninja::p Follow what Cali does, safer bet :laugh:

I'm not American, but ...

... when foreign people, who come with some shady idea, tell how american people should vote, it mean there's a probleme. 

Ok ok, my exemple is lame, but i try to keep related with BZ reason to live lol

54 minutes ago, jj3 said:

I'm not American, but ...

... when foreign people, who come with some shady idea, tell how american people should vote, it mean there's a probleme. Ok ok, my exemple is lame, but i try to keep related with BZ reason to live lol

IMHO Northern/Western European politics are quite aligned with the thinking of the US Democratic Party and the "ivy league" political-social intellectual elite that strongly controls and frames political discourse. So there should be very few Republican supporters.  The US Democrats seem to be considered center right in the UK. 

I can count the number of non-americans that support the Republicans on two hands lol.

8 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

IMHO Northern/Western European politics are quite aligned with the thinking of the US Democratic Party and the "ivy league" political-social intellectual elite that strongly controls and frames political discourse. So there should be very few Republican supporters.  The US Democrats seem to be considered center right in the UK. 

I can count the number of non-americans that support the Republicans on two hands lol.

I agree ! And for France the democratic party is like right/right. Republicans should be compared to a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar .... faaaaaaaaar right party, actualy to a not even existing party lol 

14 minutes ago, jj3 said:

I agree ! And for France the democratic party is like right/right. Republicans should be compared to a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar .... faaaaaaaaar right party, actualy to a not even existing party lol 

How about Obama?  He campaigned as solid left winger but took a "Right turn" lol.

Hilary Clinton/Bill Clinton, which spent 3 decades becoming fabulously wealthy by representing US corporate and Wall street interests :D are pretty similar to Mitt Romney in claimed policies (Center wings of opposing party).

I suspect that Trump's legacy will be that of a failed anti-establishment/ 'firebrand'/  revolutionary leader that was defeated by demographics, a weak vision, and his strategic positioning before he even started.  His rhetoric style and content is similar to that used by politicians in the Southwest US.  Maybe his will be a part of the journey the Republicans take as they transform their platform and take market share from the Democrats.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Yes, but considering foreign policy, there's no real difference, and that's what the rest of the world assess. May well be the Obama gov. caused more chaos and havoc than Bush Jr.

51 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

Yes, but considering foreign policy, there's no real difference, and that's what the rest of the world assess. May well be the Obama gov. caused more chaos and havoc than Bush Jr.

McCain and the Repubs were campaigning on trying to win the war in Iraq with a 'surge' (an addition of the equivalent of an Army) .  My understanding of war tells me that this was not nearly enough; we needed to conscript manpower enough to form an army group, and then sweep the region with a high level of brutality and further weaken the 'moral right'.   They would clearly try to activate more forces and end the "whack a mole" game in Iraq.

Obama did do a 'surge' but it was smaller and focused on Afghanistan.   I believe that if the Repub. stayed in office they would have tried to win the war, which would have been upward pressure, promoting US economic activity, basic research, manufacturing, and employment and improving (what is now) the 3rd longest one of the weakest (on a yearly basis) expansion in US history.   Most Americans would have benefited from better lives but a lot more foreigners would have been killed in the middle east.  

I think this would have happened provided that the Repub. were successful in their claims.

Obama did succeed in beating down the US banking sector and creating a giant compliance apparatus.  That is probably his biggest action as President.