Bellazon

Hillary Clinton at No 2 Of Top 5 Most Powerful Women In The World 2016 - 2017

thubayhb

One of the reasons I voted for Hilary is because she already had experience as the whole politic thing when her husband was POTUS. She been there she knows the process.  But really I am not republican and democrat. I am a little more liberal. And the truth all the candidates or previous president all they do is talk and talk and never do nothing. They always say "I am going to do this and that, etc" and they never do shit. 

To those in America who have yet to vote good luck. Make informed decisions. Also for the rest of the worlds sakes check out the foreign policies they've put forward. Remember my country is allies with yours and decisions Trump or Hilary are gonna make will affect little old Australia all on our own down here :rofl: 

19 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

How about Obama?  He campaigned as solid left winger but took a "Right turn" lol.

Hilary Clinton/Bill Clinton, which spent 3 decades becoming fabulously wealthy by representing US corporate and Wall street interests :D are pretty similar to Mitt Romney in claimed policies (Center wings of opposing party).

I suspect that Trump's legacy will be that of a failed anti-establishment/ 'firebrand'/  revolutionary leader that was defeated by demographics, a weak vision, and his strategic positioning before he even started.  His rhetoric style and content is similar to that used by politicians in the Southwest US.  Maybe his will be a part of the journey the Republicans take as they transform their platform and take market share from the Democrats.

The Obama administration took a Rght turn, not him, in my opinion. He could govern properly since the senate literally blocked every of it's move in the end. Plus, overal, America is just more at the right than Europe is, that's all. 

We can talk and talk and talk, but ultimately, we don't know what will happen during the next 4 years ... In 6 months no one will remember the campaign and what has been said during it. 

1 hour ago, jj3 said:

We can talk and talk and talk, but ultimately, we don't know what will happen during the next 4 years ... In 6 months no one will remember the campaign and what has been said during it. 

The effectiveness of Trump campaign should have historical effects; as it will demonstrate what works and what does not.  This historical memory would then be carried forward and influence future campaigns.  Moving center along establishment lines (McCain, Romney) didn't work.  

I think their only recourse is to use the vision thing to reinvent their party and make it uniquely right wing but without alienating so many demographics of people.   It would help if they were more spiritual..

I loved McCain as candidat. I don't understand the logic behind the campaign of Trump. IMO, it's more destructive than constructive. Still according my own opinion, there's almost nothing to keep from that campaign ... So degrading for the US themselves

25 minutes ago, jj3 said:

I loved McCain as candidat. I don't understand the logic behind the campaign of Trump. IMO, it's more destructive than constructive. Still according my own opinion, there's almost nothing to keep from that campaign ... So degrading for the US themselves

Trump was an actual anti-establishment candidate.  He also sold a different vision for the future. That's what has made him special.   Just watching him in action has been worthwhile.  He also targets people's masculinity, greed, and longing for adventurism.

I find him entertaining in the way that he's a gigantic troll for the US Democrats and their sheep, which need some feces tossed in their faces for once.  It feels like he had half the country shaking in rage and in their boots fearing for the 'end of days' lol if he gets elected.

A future Republican leader would have to refine the 'vision' thing much more than Trump has.

40 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

A future Republican leader would have to refine the 'vision' thing much more than Trump has.

Definitely agree with that. Conservative idea deserves someone better. 

4 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

It would depend.  Also, every US citizen has a social security number.  

I have never voted BTW.

When you get your drivers license/state issue id, you register to vote. Its easy. You can't complain about either candidate or anything that happens because you did nothing to change it.

55 minutes ago, jj3 said:

I was meaning more in terms of redefining what American conservatism is supposed to be in the future.  The US left/right re-invents themselves every 1-3 decades.

58 minutes ago, jj3 said:

The Republicans had 17 people running for the spot. He won the primary by a large margin. I don't know if you are actually French or not, but that's what American Republican voters wanted. It wasn't like they didn't vote or there are tons of republicans who hate him.

McCain is just a neocon hawk, and he's as simple as a wooden wedge. Romney is an inert, "colorless, odorless", saltless, stiff and prosaic person.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Trump was an actual anti-establishment candidate.  He also sold a different vision for the future. That's what has made him special.   Just watching him in action has been worthwhile.  ...

And he's an outsider, a quasi-independent candidate, not a marionette like Bush jr., has nothing to lose in a political sense, that's why establishment republicans support him half-heartedly or not at all.

7 minutes ago, modelknowledge said:

When you get your drivers license/state issue id, you register to vote. Its easy. You can't complain about either candidate or anything that happens because you did nothing to change it.

I'll vote when I see my vote actually contributing to victory of a candidate I care about.  Otherwise I save the trip.  I will probably never vote for a US democrat due to my contempt for them.