Bellazon

Paolo Maldini
Thumbnail

Party.in.Paris

Celtic-Milan

GOALKEEPERS: Storari, Kalac, Fiori;

DEFENDERS: Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Costacurta, Simic, Jankulovski, Bonera, Oddo;

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Di Gennaro.

Paolo Maldini has his heart set on an appearance in the Champions League game against Celtic

Paolo Maldini spoke about his condition and the Rossoneri’s current moment on Milan Channel before afternoon training.

When asked about his knee, Maldini replied: ‘The problem that I complained about in Glasgow is a problem apart and it has nothing to do with the cartilage. The external meniscus was crushed and it’s just a matter of waiting for the pain to pass. I thought I would heal a bit quicker, but at this point my objective is to play on Wednesday against Celtic even if the timing is a bit tight.’

Then the captain spoke about the squad: ‘Milan’s defence are doing really well and not just in the last three games. We have a great average in both the Champions League and Serie A. In the league, only Lazio have conceded two less goals than us. In the Champions League, we have done better than all the other Italian sides. We find ourselves once again in an emergency situation with the level of players. However, this has allowed players like Marek Jankulovski and Daniele Bonera to grow and they are going through an exceptional period in the league.’

In ending Paolo spoke about one of his fellows in defence: ‘Daniele Bonera started this season in right back, but we saw that he possessed the characteristics of a central defender. When I played with him, I thought it went really well. He is a player that has great power. He is focused. He is in good physical condition. I think that he has grown a lot as far as personality goes since the start of the season. We mustn’t forget that he is also very young and could still improve.’