Bellazon

Nightmare Fuel: The Thread

Cult Icon

19 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

all of that concept art is used in the game!

The ringed city is great, particularly the final act.  A really memorable expansion.

Yeah, I love it. The expansions are really good. A bit expensive for the content you get... but still great!

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yeah, I love it. The expansions are really good. A bit expensive for the content you get... but still great!

did you finish ringed city?  

Midir is the best dragon boss in the souls series.  Maybe the best dragon boss ever?  Not sure if God of War franchise has one.

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Midir is the best dragon boss in the souls series.  Maybe the best dragon boss ever?  Not sure if God of War franchise has one.

Not yet.

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

They have the electric dragon. GoW is a pretty good game, but the gameplay is not as good as in DS3.

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Not yet.

They have the electric dragon. GoW is a pretty good game, but the gameplay is not as good as in DS3.

I guess I spoiled a boss for you?

Midir is better than this boss and it has good theme music to boot. 

On 3/12/2021 at 3:19 PM, Cult Icon said:

I guess I spoiled a boss for you?

Midir is better than this boss and it has good theme music to boot. 

I have fought him already, I just didn't beat him yet. :laugh: I tried again this afternoon for a couple of tries, but I didn't beat him yet (though I was very close).

^ I finished the Ringed City DLC today. The final boss is not very hard (like the final boss in the base game), he's definitely less hard than Midir!

Gael is just an endurance race since he has lots of HP, but he's quite predicatable and easy to dodge. I like his concept art, particularly his armor (except his hood)

This game definitely has the best gameplay of all games I played. Very rich, very diverse, thoughtful, challenging, etc. Everything we like!

I just wish there were more lores, dialogues, etc. I hope they do gameplay like that for next Jedi fallen order or the next Ghost of Tsushima!

9 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

This game definitely has the best gameplay of all games I played. Very rich, very diverse, thoughtful, challenging, etc. Everything we like!

I just wish there were more lores, dialogues, etc. I hope they do gameplay like that for next Jedi fallen order or the next Ghost of Tsushima!

Vaati can give you all the lore.  Ghost of T's biggest flaw was the gameplay.  It looks way too easy.  It looks like Elden Ring will have more narrative due to Martin's involvement.

Also with gameplay there is Bloodborne!

Gael is a cool and memorable boss.  His environmental effects remind me of the sword saint from Sekiro.  I think he shares a few animations with the dog-like knight boss in the beginning of the game and also some canine like bosses in bloodborne.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 7:30 AM, Cult Icon said:

Ghost of T's biggest flaw was the gameplay.  It looks way too easy.

Yeah, that's really its big problem. It's also the problem of many other games: I'm playing AC Odyssey and it's way too easy as well (but it's beautiful, the story is nice, music too, etc. but it would be so much better with a smarter gameplay).

Games with no endurance bar are often easy, cause there's no penalty for those who spam the escape buttons. Maybe the studio leaders are afraid that really difficult games will scare the normies :idk:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 5:01 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Yeah, that's really its big problem. It's also the problem of many other games: I'm playing AC Odyssey and it's way too easy as well (but it's beautiful, the story is nice, music too, etc. but it would be so much better with a smarter gameplay).

Games with no endurance bar are often easy, cause there's no penalty for those who spam the escape buttons. Maybe the studio leaders are afraid that really difficult games will scare the normies :idk:

With single player games all games should have an option to be legitimately challenging.  I have noticed that a lot of the "primitive" games are popular and sell (and female twich streamers like to do them).

Call of Duty is case in point- it has terrible and outdated gameplay/multiplayer & make the same game every year.  But it's the most successful shooter while far more sophisticated shooters like Arma / Ro2/RS are niche.

@Cult Icon you seen this game?  I don't remember if we talked about it already. It's really a Souls like game but in a shooter mode. I played it last year. I liked it, it's low budget, but with astute techniques they made it really look good. It was a bit too short for me and I'd have liked more story background - but the gameplay is awesome.

Remnant-From-The-Ashes.jpghttps://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2020_06/1178115456_Remnantfromtheashes.JPG.2f25cb9191c5d18380d893ebcf8ef15d.JPG

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2020_06/1631356264_Remnantfromtheashes2.JPG.b5ecad2fece54a8d8586130588a98cd3.JPGhttps://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2020_06/779630607_Remnantfromtheashes3.JPG.e58b4b43d9afb73635da1141ad619d70.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 5:45 PM, Enrico_sw said:

@Cult Icon you seen this game?  I don't remember if we talked about it already. It's really a Souls like game but in a shooter mode. I played it last year. I liked it, it's low budget, but with astute techniques they made it really look good. It was a bit too short for me and I'd have liked more story background - but the gameplay is awesome.

Looks well done. The game reminds me of Fallout/Metro with an updated Freedom Fighters engine.  

In May Resident Evil Village is finally coming out.  It looks much better than the original trailer.  The graphics look outdated and are ugly but the game looks looks like a fun but probably somewhat short romp.  It's definitely right that the RE franchise is moving back in this direction and away from the action game style.  The game looks better and more interesting than RE 7. 

It's funny that Mr.X/Nemesis is now a buxom vampire woman and her 3 daughters.  They are more sexy than scary lol.

The trailers show what may be all the main bosses:

1. Big vampire woman and 3 daughters

2. Werewolf man

3. Puppet master

4. Egg head

5. God Queen Miranda

Allies:

1. young woman and old man? 

2. Chris Redfield and his partner, a commando

This is the map (from trailer)

The village is in the center.  The Castle is where the vampire lady and her 3 daughters live.

Hesenberg's factory belongs to the wolf-man.

Moreau's Resevoir (dr. Moreau) might be the egg-head.

House Beneviento ?

The others are too small to read.

92sg3kbaisc61.png

This demo gives the strongest classic RE vibes, except modernized and 3D.. really like it.  Puzzles, survival horror, good pacing, good art/design, fear & tension.  Weak player character, low ammunition supply, narrow corridors/close calls and strong enemies.  Whenever the vampires appear it's time to run!  I was genuinely on edge in the last half of the video.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:57 AM, Cult Icon said:

Looks well done. The game reminds me of Fallout/Metro with an updated Freedom Fighters engine.  

Yeah, that's the spirit.

-----

What games are you expecting the most in the coming months/years?