Bellazon

Nightmare Fuel: The Thread

Cult Icon

15 hours ago, Matt! said:

Because of the current trade/cold war situation. Small detail like that could possible do it... maybe they will claim that the Mongolians were chinese or something absurd like that :idk:

I doubt it TBH.  The game makes the Mongols look rather like one-dimensional villains & war criminals. The Mongols are really incompetent! and easy to kill in the game lol  The Mongols defeated the Chinese and took over much of which is now their country.

If I was a professional Mongolian soldier/Mongolian patriot I would be very offended by this game as it displays the Mongols as criminal, evil, and weak in combat.  The themes of the greatness of bushido and the superiority of Japanese spirit that is infused within the game would of course make Japanese patriots very proud.  This game has rave reviews in Japan right now.

What would really offended the PRC and chinese patriots was if the game was about the Japanese invasion of Manchuria or other aggressive incursions into the chinese mainland by the Japanese- they would most likely ban the game even if the Japanese were portrayed as war criminals.  The Chinese see the Japanese as militarist enemies in past history.

The game is great except for the combat.  They could have made the Mongols very dangerous and tactical as they historically were- especially the Calvary troopers.  It seems like they did an incredible job designing the game world but didn't pay enough attention to combat.

the few boss fights in this game are terrific

The mongol fighters in the game look wrong.  I think if they took a more a historical approach- and improved the AI, doubled or tripled the HP of the warriors- the fights would have been more interesting. 

To my understanding regular Mongol soldiers were typically on horseback, and had 5 or so horses each (for backup).  Their auxiliaries, such as Koreans, were the ones on foot.

The power of the Mongol warrior was from their skill on horseback and their long-range,  sniper - like skill with the bow.   Mongol men were raised on the saddle and had a lifetime's experience in hunting.   Light Calvary archers were the most common fighter, and their horses had a lot of "ammo" so to speak and several bows.  They were also equipped with close combat weapons.  

There were armored Mongol heavy Calvary that was used for close combat.  per usual, swords were not the primary close combat weapon but rather spears were first in line.  Secondary weapons were swords and maces.  The armored Calvary were also equipped with bows.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 6:04 PM, Enrico_sw said:

OMG... She looks a little bit less scary with her hair down, but she's still the same roided-up golf club maniac :ninja:

Her body model is a steroid (crossfit) girl, her face model was of a random employee who is pretty

fb9f0c04b0f6ff9440fa81016246c1c3f88e09d5images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwD71tEEbzEHG7J3bB7QMa78c0f625ed5458de186b2dd43b7f87e0fd7c9d49fe2c26a7925bf924f6d94cf4f7d14.jpgabby-irl.jpg?fit=819,1024&ssl=1