Bellazon

Stranger Things

Prettyphile

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, breakneckspeed said:

I loved Steve's redemption arc towards the end of the season. I didn't get the Chicago punkers bit. I can see them devoting next season to finding the other experimented children, since have Eleven and Kali (eight)

Episode 7 was totally a backdoor pilot, but all the backlash they received since it was polarizing (I personally enjoyed it) I bet it won't happen. But if it does, you know it'll just be Kali and they'll kill off the group because most people griped about the other members of that group and not Kali. I want them to find the other experimented kids and possibly the numbers after Eleven, like Thirteen and Fourteen. It seems like Eleven is more powerful than Kali, so I can see a younger kid being more powerful than Eleven.

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2019 at 5:35 AM, jkjk said:

Thread is dead, but I will comment anyway.

Finished S3.    :thumbs_up:

No, you cried.   :cry:

I know the internet exists mainly for saying everything is horrible, but I am still enjoying the show.   :smile:

I've just downloaded netflix from apknite to my phone and watched E01 of S03 and everything that I noticed is Mrs. Wheeler is wearing eyeshadow in the pool. That's a whole other level. 😂

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It might have been amplified by my whipping through all three seasons in fairly quick order, but I couldn't help sensing all the retro pop culture references becoming more and more of a crutch as it went on. We're pretty inundated with nostalgia these days and it felt at times like the show was coasting on that, perhaps even actively trying to avoid marking its own territory.

Credit where credit's due though, the energy was still there and they really stuck the landing of S3, despite following on from a couple of slightly ponderous episodes beforehand.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...