Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

I started tearing up as Ronaldo was sitting on the field dejected and then passed on the captain’s arm band to a teammate. I started crying for real when he was carried out on stretchers.

Someone wins, someone loses but you never want anyone to have the leave the game early because of an injury especially a big star like Cristiano Ronaldo during the final. Winning would surely mean a lot to him personally, he might not get another chance in the future. And the best game is one where you compete against the best. I’m sure Griezmann etc. would prefer to win with Ronaldo still in the game.

It felt that the spirit of the game changed completely after Ronaldo’s exit.

Rui Patricio was something else. France had a lot of chances but was evidently unlucky, not in top form at all. 

Won't lie I found Portugal relatively mediocre before, particularly because they booted my country out the competition, after tonight though that changed. Congrats to Portugal.

I had happy tears as they showed the expression on Cristiano Ronaldo’s face when Portugal won. I started crying and laughing again when Ronaldo got to hold up the trophy in the end after all!

And it’s great when a player who hasn’t had much time on the field scores a goal like that. It shows that Portugal is a real team, it didn’t depend even on such a star player as Cristiano Ronaldo.

I don't want this tournament to end. :cry2: I had a great time in France going to the games and watching on TV.

I hope next summer's Confederation's Cup in Russia and the World Cup (2018) a year after aren't a shit show.

I'm really happy for Portugal, so sick of seeing the same teams win every time. On the other hand I don't think Portugal was the best team of the tournament but none of the other teams was impressive either. They all had good days and bad days, so the outcome is fair enough imo.

They weren't consistently eye-catching so I suppose it's debatable whether they deserved to win the tournament, but Portugal certainly deserved to win the final.

Weirdly, the injury to Ronaldo seemed to interrupt France's flow. Rather than press home the advantage while Portugal were presumably panicking, they took their foot off the gas and didn't put it back again until Eder's goal went in. Overall, a static and lifeless display, compounded too by some really odd stuff from Deschamps.

Surely the best quote of the tournament from Russian coach Leonid Slutsky. :rofl:

After losing to Wales, me and some players gathered in my room. We talked until 9am and then concluded: ‘we’re shit’ in unison.