Bellazon

Editorials

Guest Anonymous

Vogue Brazil May 05

Special thanks to Neo for the touch-ups!

voguebrazilmay05015np.th.jpgvoguebrazilmay05029ek.th.jpgvoguebrazilmay05032rg.th.jpgvoguebrazilmay05046bw.th.jpg

voguebrazilmay05050zu.th.jpgvoguebrazilmay05065wg.th.jpgvoguebrazilmay05077ds.th.jpgvoguebrazilmay05081sc.th.jpgvoguebrazilmay05092fp.th.jpg

And the text:

New York-London. New York-San Francisco. New York-paris, For three less nights a week, Alessandra Ambrosio sleeps on an airplane in order, the next day, to face a photo shoot. Three days a month, however, she clears her schedule and returns to her house, an apartment in Praia Brava, in Florianopolis. There, she goes straight into the sea. Chosen the sixth sexiest woman in the world by the site models. com and a model for the lingerie brand Victoria's Secret, what the girl wants most is to be a surfer.

"I still can't catch a wave well, but I can always be in the sea, and stay there, at ease." When she spoke with Vogue, by telephone, Floripa (translator's note: the Brazilian nickname for the city of Florianopolis) was snowy and cold. "It's great: there are waves and it's full of surfers," she said. Outside the waves, she already has a suitable place to spend her vacations: Bali, Indonesia. "There the waves are perfect."

The hours of relaxation are fundamental for this girl of 24 years. In the days of work, she has a lot to deal with. Since 2001, she works, alongside Gisele Bundchen, as a spokesmodel for Victoria's Secret. It was in her curves and in her manner of being that the stylists of teh brand were inspired to create the line Pink, one of the best-selling in the united States. "They wanted someone sexy, marketable, playful, and someone who wants to put their life on hold to head up the brand," she says. "And I gave them that for sure."

Beautiful and famous, Alessandra has enviable job offers. She was called on by the flattering of the director Oliver Stone to act in the film "Alexander". But she couldn't find the time to get together with the production team. "I'm in a good place in my modelling career and and what I want most is to be photographed."

Young age notwithstanding, Alessandra has been a top model for ten years. From Erechim in Rio Grande do Sul, she still had her badly-formed baby teeth when she represented Rio Grande do Sul in The Look of The year contest, from the modeling agency Elite, in Sao Paulo. She was also shorter -- 1.69 meters -- and because of these things she was refused by all the agencies in Sao Paulo. After six months, her permanent teeth had all come in and she grew seven valuable centimeters. She spent two years in Sampa [translator's note: the Brazilian nickname for Sao Paulo] before she moved to Second Avenue, in New York, and had her face on the cover of the premiere fashion magazines and joined with brands like Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, and Guess.

Today she values relaxing on the beach, but her private life is still left to hope. After breaking up her relationship with the model Marcelo Boldrini, with whom she appeard in the 2003 Pirelli Calendar, Alessandra is single. Free and unhindered. What is the secret for picking her up? "I don't have a secret," she says. "I have to look around for him and see who really attracts me." What she doesn't go for is more easy to figure out. "Those guys who stay in the clubs chasing after all the women. No, that kind won't do."

:kiss:  :kiss:  :kiss: Thanks!!!!!!!!

And great translation too, who did that?

I have a couple of friends online who have moved to the States from Brazil who are always more than happy to keep up with their native language! :)