Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

alluringbeauties

Three more matches are now live and open for voting!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on November 16. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G44_M03_Yesica_Toscanini_vs_Lae.jpg

Group 50, Match 3:
Kim Cloutier vs. Hailey Clauson
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G50_M03_Kim_Cloutier_vs_Hailey.jpg

Group 34, Match 3:
Stacey Williams vs. Rita Tellone
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G34_M03_Stacey_Williams_vs_Rita.jpg

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 6:
Jessica Hart (82.5%) defeated Sarah Nursey (17.5%)
Group 52:
Erin Heatherton (95.6%) defeated Lorraine Pascale (4.4%)
Group 76:
Aurelie Claudel (79.1%) defeated Lana Ogilvie (20.9%)

My spin:
Jessica Hart got her first career victory, but she’ll face a huge challenge next: #6 Petra Nemcova for the group title. Rookie Erin Heatherton rolled in her first career match, and the win sets up an epic battle between Erin and Natasha Barnard for their group title and the right to advance to the Knockout Stage. Finally, Aurelie Claudel easily defeated Lana Ogilvie and sets up a match against Valerie van der Graaf for the group title.

Current Group Stage Standings/Tables: here
Current Knockout Stage Bracket: here

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on November 17. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G55_M03_Jeisa_Chiminazzo_vs_Noe.jpg

Group 2, Match 3:
Marisa Miller vs. Pixie Peterson
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G02_M03_Marisa_Miller_vs_Pixie.jpg

Group 4, Match 3:
Nina Agdal vs. Sheila Roscoe
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G04_M03_Nina_Agdal_vs_Sheila_Ro.jpg

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 79:
Jessica Van Der Steen (85.8%) defeated Jocelyn Javits (14.2%)
Group 41:
Beri Smither (58.9%) defeated Yvette Sylvander (41.1%)
Group 61:
Yasmin Brunet (65.1%) defeated Michelle Alves (34.9%)

My spin:
Jessica Van Der Steen’s victory sets her up for a match against Shirley Mallmann for her group title. Group 61 is all Brazilian, and Yasmin Brunet’s win eliminates Michelle Alves and sets up a showdown with Izabel Goulart for the Little Brazil group title. Finally, Beri Smither rebounded from her opening loss to Judit Masco, but her win still isn’t enough to keep her from being eliminated. Yvette Sylvander got saddled with this loss, but she still has a chance to advance if she gets more than 65.6% of the vote in her match against Judit Masco.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on November 18. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G69_M03_Bregje_Heinen_vs_Lujan.jpg

Group 16, Match 3:
Cintia Dicker vs. Coco Mitchell
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G16_M03_Cintia_Dicker_vs_Coco_M.jpg

Group 10, Match 3:
Irina Shayk vs. Dayle Haddon
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G10_M03_Irina_Shayk_vs_Dayle_Ha.jpg

Group Stage

Group 75:
Ana Beatriz Barros (68.0%) defeated Mallory Snyder (32.0%)
Group 51:
Valeria Mazza (76.6%) defeated Bridget Hall (23.4%)
Group 3:
#3 Elle Macpherson (81.9%) defeated Renee Simonsen (18.1%)
#3 Elle Macpherson advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
Tickets to the Knockout Stage will be punched every day until the Group Stage is over, and today’s ticket holder is The Body, #3 Elle Macpherson. Elle had an easy time with Renee Simonsen and advances to the Second Round of the Knockout Stage by virtue of her ranking. Renee performed admirably, but she was just no match for The Body.

In other matches, the last match of the 2nd round robin cycle in the Group Stage was won by Ana Beatriz Barros, as she took care of Mallory Snyder a lot more easily than I would have predicted. Ana Beatriz will face Melissa Keller, who played to a draw with Mallory, to decide who moves on to the Knockout Stage.

The third match today was one of the rare meaningless ones, as Group 51 was already won by Monica Bellucci.  Nonetheless, Valeria Mazza will likely improve her ranking for 2016 after her victory over Bridget Hall. One strange fact: Valeria Mazza actually ended up ahead of Monica Bellucci in total vote percentage, but that doesn’t change the outcome!

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 44:
Laetitia Casta (64.1%) defeated Yesica Toscanini (35.9%)
Laetitia Casta advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 50:
Kim Cloutier (52.5%) defeated Hailey Clauson (47.5%)
Kim Cloutier advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 34:
Stacey Williams (60.1%) defeated Rita Tellone (39.9%)
Stacey Williams advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
Three more tickets to the Knockout Stage were punched. The best match was Kim Cloutier’s narrow victory over rookie sensation Hailey Clauson. Kim improves to 11-2 in her tournament career. Despite Kim’s past successes, I thought Hailey would knock her off in this match, given Hailey’s popularity. But, Kim prevailed again to advance. She’ll be an extremely tough match for anyone. Kim’s only two tournament losses were in 2013 to then-#5 Yamila Diaz-Rahi and in 2014 to then-#6 Daniela Pestova! Kim’s most likely opponent in her first match is Jessica Gomes, but beyond that, it’s possible that Kate Upton looms. Should be interesting.

Laetitia Casta advanced rather easily over Yesica Toscanini, and she’ll move on to the Knockout Stage, as expected. Laetitia will face the winner of Estella Warren/Rachel Roberts in her first Knockout Stage match, so she’ll be the clear favorite against either one. Beyond that match, a possible match with #7 Kathy Ireland would be next, which would also be awesome!

Finally, Stacey Williams put it in cruise control and prevailed over Rita Tellone to advance to the Knockout Stage, as well. Stacey will face either Isabeli Fontana or Suzy Smith in her first match, and #2 Marisa Miller is a possible opponent in her next one.

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 55:
Noemie Lenoir (52.5%) defeated Jeisa Chiminazzo (47.5%)
Noemie Lenoir advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 2:
#2 Marisa Miller (76.3%) defeated Pixie Peterson (23.7%)
#2 Marisa Miller advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 4:
#4 Nina Agdal (93.4%) defeated Sheila Roscoe (6.6%)
#4 Nina Agdal advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
It was heavyweight day. As in, the heavyweights of SI Swimsuit were in action. #2 Marisa Miller and #4 Nina Agdal both advanced to the Knockout Stage with their victories, and both are favorites to go a long way. The third ticket to the Knockout Stage was earned by a surprising Noemie Lenoir, who pulled off an upset of Jeisa Chiminazzo to win Group 55.

I missed yesterday’s post, so SIX more matches are now live and open for voting!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on November 21. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G11_M03_Paulina_Porizkova_vs_Ma.jpg

Group 12, Match 3:
Daniela Pestova vs. Amy Wesson
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G12_M03_Daniela_Pestova_vs_Amy.jpg

Group 45, Match 3:
Michelle Behennah vs. Juliana Martins
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G45_M03_Michelle_Behennah_vs_Ju.jpg

Group 52, Match 3:
Natasha Barnard vs. Erin Heatherton
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G52_M03_Natasha_Barnard_vs_Erin.jpg

Group 25, Match 3:
Rebecca Romijn vs. Aya Thorgren
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G25_M03_Rebecca_Romijn_vs_Aya_T.jpg

Group 7, Match 3:
Kathy Ireland vs. Erin Gray
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G07_M03_Kathy_Ireland_vs_Erin_G.jpg

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 69:
Lujan Fernandez (52.4%) defeated Bregje Heinen (47.6%)
Lujan Fernandez advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 16:
#16 Cintia Dicker (95.1%) defeated Coco Mitchell (4.9%)
#16 Cintia Dicker advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 10:
#10 Irina Shayk (72.1%) defeated Dayle Haddon (27.9%)
#10 Irina Shayk advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
Lujan Fernandez won a very close match over Bregje Heinen, and she advances to the Knockout Stage and will face Ana Paula Lemes in the First Round. The winner of that match will face the Group 1 winner, which is either Bar Refaeli or Tori Praver.

The other two matches went exactly as expected, as #10 Irina Shayk and #16 Cintia Dicker both won easily to advance to the Knockout Stage.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on November 22. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G29_M03_Elsa_Benitez_vs_Mary_St.jpg

Group 27, Match 3:
Anne Vyalitsyna vs. Marilyn Tindall
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G27_M03_Anne_Vyalitsyna_vs_Mari.jpg

Group 14, Match 3:
Hannah Ferguson vs. Chanel Iman
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G14_M03_Hannah_Ferguson_vs_Chan.jpg

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 23:
#23 Julie Henderson & Kylie Bax drew (50.0% each)
Kylie Bax advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 42:
Raica Oliveira (58.9%) defeated Angie Everhart (41.1%)
Raica Oliveira advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 40:
Cindy Crawford (69.7%) defeated Shakara Ledard (30.3%)
Cindy Crawford advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
The first big news item is #23 Julie Henderson’s struggle with Kylie Bax. The match voting went back and forth and ended in a draw. So, both models get a point in the standings and end up tied with 4 points. By virtue of her better overall vote percentage, Kylie Bax advances to the Knockout Stage and Julie Henderson becomes the first seeded model to be eliminated from the 2015 tournament. Kylie’s first opponent in the Knockout Stage (Second Round) will be either Yamila Diaz-Rahi or Ana Paula Araujo.

The next upset was the favored Angie Everhart losing to Raica Oliveira. Raica came in ranked #127 and had a mediocre 3-4 career tournament record, but she garnered enough support to knock off Angie. So, it’s Raica that advances to the Knockout Stage. Raica’s draw brings her into a Second Round match against the Group 21 winner, either Josie Maran or Kirby Griffin.

The last match was less shocking, as supermodel Cindy Crawford prevailed rather easily against a very topless Shakara Ledard. So, Cindy moves on to the Knockout Stage, and her First Round match will be against either Gigi Hadid or Carol Alt.

I am likely to miss tomorrow’s post, so SIX more matches are now live and open for voting!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on November 23. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G13_M03_Hannah_Davis_vs_Patrici.jpg

Group 49, Match 3:
Carolyn Murphy vs. Shannan Click
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G49_M03_Carolyn_Murphy_vs_Shann.jpg

Group 15, Match 3:
Kate Upton vs. Carol Latimer
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G15_M03_Kate_Upton_vs_Carol_Lat.jpg

Group 71, Match 3:
Rachel Roberts vs. Estella Warren
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G71_M03_Rachel_Roberts_vs_Estel.jpg

Group 35, Match 3:
Rachel Hunter vs. Rose Bertram
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G35_M03_Rachel_Hunter_vs_Rose_B.jpg

Group 65, Match 3:
Lily Aldridge vs. Lauren Mellor
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G65_M03_Lily_Aldridge_vs_Lauren.jpg

Lots of results today, because I was away the past few days.

Group Stage

Group 11:
#11 Paulina Porizkova (94.9%) defeated Maria Joao (5.1%)
#11 Paulina Porizkova advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 12:
#12 Daniela Pestova (82.7%) defeated Amy Wesson (17.3%)
#12 Daniela Pestova advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 45:
Michelle Behennah & Juliana Martins drew (50.0% each)
Juliana Martins advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 52:
Natasha Barnard (68.3%) defeated Erin Heatherton (31.7%)
Natasha Barnard advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 25:
#25 Rebecca Romijn (81.1%) defeated Aya Thorgren (18.9%)
#25 Rebecca Romijn advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 7:
#7 Kathy Ireland (89.0%) defeated Erin Gray (11.0%)
#7 Kathy Ireland advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 29:
Elsa Benitez (100.0%) defeated Mary Sturdevant (0.0%)
Elsa Benitez advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 27:
Anne Vyalitsyna (100.0%) defeated Marilyn Tindall (0.0%)
Anne Vyalitsyna advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 14:
#14 Hannah Ferguson (66.8%) defeated Chanel Iman (33.2%)
#14 Hannah Ferguson advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
I was away and got caught up on these nine matches. Lots to talk about, but I’ll keep it to the notable results. First, Natasha Barnard beating rookie Erin Heatherton so handily was a surprise for me. I thought it might be very close. Second, Michelle Behennah and her wonderful butt almost pulled off an upset against Juliana Martins, but the two ended in a draw. Juliana advances because of a better overall vote percentage. Finally, there were two more clean sheets, as Elsa and Anne V advanced.

I will be away from my computer a few days from now, so I’m going to try to load up on matches in the next few days to keep things somewhat on schedule overall.  SIX more matches are now live and open for voting!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on November 26. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G08_M03_Veronica_Varekova_vs_Br.jpg

Group 20, Match 3:
Yamila Diaz-Rahi vs. Ana Paula Araujo
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G20_M03_Yamila_Diaz_Rahi_vs_Ana.jpg

Group 21, Match 3:
Josie Maran vs. Kirby Griffin
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G21_M03_Josie_Maran_vs_Kirby_Gr.jpg

Group 28, Match 3:
Stephanie Seymour vs. Apollonia Van Ravenstein
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G28_M03_Stephanie_Seymour_vs_Ap.jpg

Group 66, Match 3:
Marloes Horst vs. Zoe Duchesne
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G66_M03_Marloes_Horst_vs_Zoe_Du.jpg

Group 9, Match 3:
Heidi Klum vs. Libby Otis
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G09_M03_Heidi_Klum_vs_Libby_Oti.jpg

Lots of results today.

Group Stage

Group 13:
#13 Hannah Davis (76.1%) defeated Patricia Velasquez (23.9%)
#13 Hannah Davis advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 49:
Carolyn Murphy (52.4%) defeated Shannan Click (47.6%)
Carolyn Murphy advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 15:
#15 Kate Upton (80.1%) defeated Carol Latimer (19.9%)
#15 Kate Upton advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 71:
Estella Warren (52.5%) defeated Rachel Roberts (47.5%)
Estella Warren advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 35:
Rose Bertram (60.1%) defeated Rachel Hunter (39.9%)
Rose Bertram advances to the Knockout Stage
Group 65:
Lauren Mellor (63.1%) defeated Lily Aldridge (36.9%)
Lauren Mellor advances to the Knockout Stage

My spin:
Lots of interesting matches to comment on, but the most interesting was perhaps the rookie taking out the supermodel, as Rose Bertram knocked off Rachel Hunter. The voluptuous rookie is one of my sleeper picks, and I think she can go very far in the tournament.

Covergirl Lily Aldridge got knocked out of the tourney, too, after her loss to Lauren Mellor. Meanwhile, fellow covergirl Carolyn Murphy just narrowly squeaked by the very formidable Shannan Click to advance to the Knockout Stage. Similarly, Rachel Roberts lost her second close match and is eliminated, while victor Estella Warren moves on to the Knockout Stage.

Finally, the heavy favorites won easily, as #13 Hannah Davis and #15 Kate Upton had no trouble with their opponents.

I will be away from my computer for 4-5 days, so I’m going to try to load up on matches to keep things somewhat on schedule overall.  SIX more matches are now live and open for voting!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on November 27. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G78_M03_Shana_Zadrick_vs_Chandr.jpg

Group 39, Match 3:
Dominique Piek vs. Frankie Rayder
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G39_M03_Dominique_Piek_vs_Frank.jpg

Group 63, Match 3:
Ehrinn Cummings vs. Kelly Rohrbach
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G63_M03_Ehrinn_Cummings_vs_Kell.jpg

Group 32, Match 3:
Cheryl Tiegs vs. Barbara Carrera
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G32_M03_Cheryl_Tiegs_vs_Barbara.jpg

Group 76, Match 3:
Valerie van der Graaf vs. Aurelie Claudel
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G76_M03_Valerie_van_der_Graaf_v.jpg