Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Also Taylor took Karlie to the AMA, no wonder why she's performing again. Are they dating or something?

I've suspected that :ninja:

Karlie has a boyfriend, but who knows :ninja:

Karlie has her own room in Taylor's apartment.

A guys who wants to hide the fact he is gay uses a female as his "beard". What is the female equivalent of that? Whatever it is, that's probably what Karlie boyfriend is :shifty::ninja:

A wig? Weave? :ninja::rofl:

^ Actually it could of been aired for everyone at the same time so not sure on that :p

Also Taylor took Karlie to the AMA, no wonder why she's performing again. Are they dating or something?

I've suspected that :ninja:

Karlie has a boyfriend, but who knows :ninja:

Karlie has her own room in Taylor's apartment.

A guys who wants to hide the fact he is gay uses a female as his "beard". What is the female equivalent of that? Whatever it is, that's probably what Karlie boyfriend is :shifty::ninja:

^ THIS! :rofl:

You mean Karlie's own bedroom in Taylor's personal apartment?! Wowww this is really something & interesting!

That's like saying all Latino's are the same, or that all Black people are the same. And if you scroll up to the top of the page I addressed the issue of VS not being racially diverse, it's a symptom of the industry they are in, not necessarily of them in itself.

I'm tired of the argument that blond haired blue eyed girls all look the same. That white people regardless of the region they are from are all similar. Irish people look different then Russian's. Italians look different then Swedish people, etc, etc, etc. And on top of that I'm tired of the old adage that makes it okay for people to call Caucasian or people of European descent white, but if you say someone is black, or yellow or red, (all descriptions of the undertones of their skin color) it's racist.

Regardless, the point I was making, that has been deviated from slightly is that just because 4 girls of color are in a segment does not mean that the company is being racist. No one is taking into consideration color palettes, pattern/prints and what they look good on.

I know I´m way too late for the conversation and have absolutely no intentions to spur it further.

However I have to say that I totally agree with you Pheno on here and I´m glad to see someone pushing this kind of thinking. From the genetics point of view, race does not exist:

http://wupa.wustl.edu/record_archive/1998/10-15-98/articles/races.html

Perceiving races or seeing people based on their skin alone is not only racist - it´s simply narrow-minded. Don´t get me even started on the many TONES of the skin that there are (what is the skin tone that separates black from white??), and with the world being more open each decade, I hope people will soon understand that there is no black, no white, no yellow - there are just people. People are colorful.They come in various shapes and colours. It goes well with some patterns and bad with others. You have to keep that in mind when dressing yourself :)

What are we talking about here is, as Pheno rightly pointed out, ethnics. And, as Pheno once again rightly pointed out (and most of you had problems to understand), ethnics addresses to groups of people based on their culture, not skin tone. You can´t put people in boxes based on their skin tone - you´re totally ignoring his/her actual persona, his/her culture, beliefs, language, the way the person identifies him/herself as a part of some ethnic group. The skin does not matter. Is Gisele less Brazilian because she is "white"? No. Is my French friend less French and more African because he is "black"? Hell no.

I´m so tired of the whole race concept. It´s wrong on so many levels, and above that, scientifically implausible. BUSTED.

The article is very nice and I recommend everyone to read it :)

Among Templeton's conclusions: There is more genetic similarity between Europeans and sub-Saharan Africans and between Europeans and Melanesians, inhabitants of islands northeast of Australia, than there is between Africans and Melanesians. Yet, sub-Saharan Africans and Melanesians share dark skin, hair texture and cranial-facial features, traits commonly used to classify people into races. According to Templeton, this example shows that "racial traits" are grossly incompatible with overall genetic differences between human populations.

"The pattern of overall genetic differences instead tells us that genetic lineages rapidly spread out to all of humanity, indicating that human populations have always had a degree of genetic contact with one another, and thus historically don't show any distinct evolutionary lineages within humanity," Templeton said. "Rather, all of humanity is a single long-term evolutionary lineage."

I think VS should start picking the artist not because their fame, but because their music match for the segments.... something that's never gonna happen #soñaresgratis 

I totally agree. I mean I guess Hozier has that one popular song or whatever, but for the VS fashion show? And with this year's themes? IDK maybe they'll prove me wrong (butidoubtit)

And I actually quite like Ariana's songs, I think she's talented but has no stage presence and also also can't enunciate for shit. If she stands there and just sings she sounds great but other than that I'm not fully convinced

This! She has a lovely voice and all but it's a bit pointless when you can't make out a damn word that comes out of her mouth...  :idk: 

Can't people just accept the fact that two women can be this close? Women can be friends with each others you know? LOL I'd totally give my best friend her own room in my appartment if I was rich and I had a big home like Taylor probably has.

Anyway... Everything about Ariana is disturbing not to mention the fact that I can't understand a word of what she's saying while singing. And this DOES NOT come from the fact that English isn't my mother language.

Can't people just accept the fact that two women can be this close? Women can be friends with each others you know? LOL I'd totally give my best friend her own room in my appartment if I was rich and I had a big home like Taylor probably has.

Anyway... Everything about Ariana is disturbing not to mention the fact that I can't understand a word of what she's saying while singing. And this DOES NOT come from the fact that English isn't my mother language.

I don't know her very well, what other than her voice disturbs you?

oh i was disturb by the fact that taylor is performing AGAIN, last year i just wanted to slap her on the face, so overplayed... she definitely wanted to have a spot between those beautiful womens but it was way too much and finally so ... pathetic, i used to like her so i was like my god.... shut her down please!!

I think Ariana Grande can be good, if she's not overacting too... performers usually tried to stole the spot it's.. legit i think because they are actual celebrities and wants to have their moment but they should respect the thing that it's FIRST à fashion show, people aren't here for them at all, they could stay on the background and sing it'll be even better for some... :p

i love the new jackets, less the new robe.... i wanted to buy it this year but finally i'll wait next year !!

Does anyones knows when the girl tooke the planes all together?