Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I think Cara's impact in the show is being a little exaggerated here. Sure she's popular and has the followers on IG, but IG is her only strong point and most of her followers are preteens and that's not VS target audience (let's not get ahead of ourselves). Adriana has approximately 13 million followers on her social media accounts combined and her followers are the ones who have been watching the show ever since. Candice also isn't lacking follwers obviously, neither is Alessandra. VS isn't in a shortage of the Internet audience. Lets not forget VS's own massive followers. I don't even want Cara to be there at this point just so I can see how the show is inevitably going to make headlines everywhere without her.

I'm all for Karlie opening too, i think she would kill it (Y)

I think that the only newbie other than Kate with a realistic change of getting two outfits is Stella, mostly because i think that out of all the girls who have done VS before she is the only one who has never done Pink and VS has been working like crazy with her.

With two outfirs i see: Lais, Elsa, Jac, Sui, Jasmine, Jordan, Constance, Lily D, Sara, Devon, Stella and Kate.

I say Bregje and Shanina will both get one outfit since they are just returning after getting rejected last year.

Also i agree that most likely the Angels who wont walk Angell Ball will get a black/white outfit for the finale just to make it look cute like last yearm

If VS follows the trend they have of using the same shoes in each segment...

post-83987-0-1446073780-51305_thumb.png

One of these ones is not like the other ones.

Candice's shoes look a little bit similar to Lily Donaldson's in Fairy Tale... :idk:   

I think they aren't done yet with the shoes, maybe they' re just being used for fittings. In fact, the soes that are different are the ones that Doutzen, Behati and other girls wore on Dangerous Liaisons on VSFS 2012... if not, they look pretty the same :)

If VS follows the trend they have of using the same shoes in each segment...

post-89088-0-1446073781-20297_thumb.png

One of these ones is not like the other ones.

Candice's shoes look a little bit similar to Lily Donaldson's in Fairy Tale... :idk:   

I think they aren't done yet with the shoes, maybe they' re just being used for fittings. In fact, the soes that are different are the ones that Doutzen, Behati and other girls wore on Dangerous Liaisons on VSFS 2012... if not, they look pretty the same :)

Yes, you're right!  :)

I think Cara's impact in the show is being a little exaggerated here. Sure she's popular and has the followers on IG, but IG is her only strong point and most of her followers are preteens and that's not VS target audience (let's not get ahead of ourselves). Adriana has approximately 13 million followers on her social media accounts combined and her followers are the ones who have been watching the show ever since. Candice also isn't lacking follwers obviously, neither is Alessandra. VS isn't in a shortage of the Internet audience. Lets not forget VS's own massive followers. I don't even want Cara to be there at this point just so I can see how the show is inevitably going to make headlines everywhere without her.

The point isn't about just keeping the old audience, who is going to watch no matter what. It's about reaching a new demographic. Which is what they've obviously been doing for a while, see: how huge Pink has gotten. Who is the target for that? Teens and the younger college kids (and wannabe hip moms). So yes, the show is going to make headlines with or without Cara but for the VS show to be in the UK she's definitely going to be a name that comes up whether you like her or not. I'm not even a Cara fan I'm just aware of the changing demographic and how things are marketed. Yes a lot of the angels are huge on social media but when it comes to current relevance, Cara is it.