Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

So jacquelyn is the jasmine tookes of 2014. LOL.

I thought it was so mean of VS to put Jasmine back in PINK. It definitely comes across as a 'downgrade'. And now Jacquelyn. I liked Jacquelyn a lot until last year. Her walk was so mediocre and not exciting like it usually is. Maybe that's why she got downgraded, lol.

Good bye.. see you in the evening. Kises

:wave:

Out of curiosity, I've been reading the comments from a few pages back, but it was too much for me. But out of curiosity, has it been confirmed that Sui He is in Gilded Angels? Or is that the leaked information you have so far. Also, are you aware of whether Gilded Angels or Fairy Tale being the finale/closing segment for VS 2014?

Is there a picture of Sui He from Gilded Angels? Lastly, what do you think of Sui He in terms of VS modeling? This year, VS specifically teased VS fans about her on their instagram account. Do you think she's finally getting the recognition that she deserves? Is VS beginning to notice her as an Asian model? Potential angel contract maybe :D? Please share your opinion. Has VS said anything specific about her? Because all these while, I had the feeling that people like Sophia or Monica don't really fancy her, and from the casting videos, it seems like John is the only who seems to notice her potential.

I'd say if anything the person who loves Sui the most is Sophia. She is using her for the 10magazine Victoria's Secret shoot. And Sui each year gets 2 looks. So obviously they all love her. I know some of the choices VS has made recently are a bit strange. Girls like Maud, Maria, Dorothea etc but ever since Sophia came in they've had some amazing girls that I think she's had a hand in picking. Girls like Lily D, Contance, Sui, Jourdan, Joan, Cindy, Magdalena. I know Lily D, Jourdan and Joan had tried out for shows earlier and never made it.

I think model like Sui, Joan, Jourdan, LilyD are the ones that give big names to the show and the company but they won't become angel any time soon. They have big carreer besides VS (not that the angels don't) and I think their agents and agencies are not really fond with the idea of giving such big names the reclusion that an Angel contract could bring. That means limitations in make up brand campaigns, lingerie, sport and other stuff. Angels have become famous because of VS. They are big names now because VS made them big. They are already famous.

I think the only exeption to my point of view is Karlie and that comes from the fact that to me she really wanted to be an angel.

I think VS is more in the business of making and developing Angels instead of getting an already famous girl. VS launched the careers of Gisele, Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Candice, Rosie etc VS like to think they create girls. So when they grabbed girls more like Karolina, Doutzen and Karlie it was rare. Because they had already made a big name for themselves in the fashion world and then got the Angel contract. I would love Joan, Jourdan, Lily D to become Angels but VS won't do that. They'd rather be able to make their own. But really since Candice it hasn't happened again.

I think VS is more in the business of making and developing Angels instead of getting an already famous girl. VS launched the careers of Gisele, Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Candice, Rosie etc VS like to think they create girls. So when they grabbed girls more like Karolina, Doutzen and Karlie it was rare. Because they had already made a big name for themselves in the fashion world and then got the Angel contract. I would love Joan, Jourdan, Lily D to become Angels but VS won't do that. They'd rather be able to make their own. But really since Candice it hasn't happened again.

Gisele was already famous when VS contracted her. They contracted her exactly because she was the IT girl of the moment, loved and embraced by HF world.

I think it´s more of the agency´s decision that the models´. E.g. Daria Werbowy, VS wanted her but her agency said no. I think there are many negotiations, considering pros and cons of such decision, especially when it comes to famous models that VS would like to work with.